RoTJ Lightsaber screwdriver

"Luuuuuke......Luuuuuuke.....join me in the dark side...."

I have to say I have always regarded that portion of the scene is ultra cheesey.

yeah the Vader scene is kinda weird. but Luke in the cave with the cloak covering is face, and in the dark

makes you wonder what his state of mind is

last night my allergies attacked again... I was up all night with a runny nose so I keep looking at my screen shots and lighting up the pics. and in all honesty there's really no clear picture of what it is

I think who ever came up with the idea of being a old drafting compass is in the right direction. I'm not looking for 100% accurate but I want to make something close to what we see

being up late I got a few ideas. I'm going to buy a compass off eBay and hit Michaels jewelry section

stay tuned ;)

image.png

There is a detail on the side, and I don't think it's a greeblie. There are old compasses with dials there as well. 18th_c___brass_french_bow_compass___drawing_drafting_instrument_tool_1_lgw.jpg$(KGrHqZHJFEFDzKNMtU5BQ-y9,b,Ow~~60_1.JPGAntique-Drafting-Tool-on--007.jpg

Using these to show examples of detail. The real compass is much more modern

So, I watched the deleted scene on my TV, (it's on the Episode IV, V, VI Bonus Footage Blu-Ray disc)...I think it really does look like a vintage drafting divider/compass/caliper.

But having watched it frame by frame, I'm left asking...what's beneath Luke Skywalker's Return of the Jedi lightsaber activation plate?

http://www.partsofsw.com/images/saberInt.jpg

There has to be a thread about the control box here on TheRPF, right?

so I'm watching ESB right now and noticed something...

510_ChewieRepairs_3PO_HR.jpg

this scene here, when chewie starts playing with cpo's neck, you can see the other end of his "screw driver" to me it looks exactly like the tips of lukes screw driver he's using to work on his lightsaber...

first scene at 4:48

second scene 4:57 REAL good sight of the tips

third scene 5:06-finish

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iramh3yVLhk

could this be the same tool!? if so we get a excellent picture of the other end of it!!

I think you’re right! Now I have to watch it all over to see if it is lying around in the falcon somewhere :popcorn
Here is the cardback of that expertly crafted Hasbro figure from the vintage collection. Looks like they recreated the screwdriver with what they could find?
Review_LukeJediLightsaberConstructionTVC03.jpg

Could it be a cobbled together piece with the top of an antique navigational/cartographer tool and a more modern drafting item/divider bottom ?

It may be a combo of two items like these
unless I'm mistaken, the screen grabs appear to show a rather bulbous rounding at the top below the upper most head screw & connector, or whatever it's called.

il_570xN.897143762_myeg.jpg

It may be a combo of two items like these
unless I'm mistaken, the screen grabs appear to show a rather bulbous rounding at the top below the upper most head screw & connector, or whatever it's called.

View attachment 666446

ya I've come to the conclusion its pieces bashed together. i really like the brass compass on top there! if you look up vintage compasses some of the actually have a 3rd arm attachment. i have kinda let this rest for right now, I've moved onto another project. well hunting project.

every time i hit a antique shop i always look for compasses and bath tub knobs

.. and camera flashes I hope...

yes!!! that too!! after work today i road my bike 24 miles. the doctor wants me to lose 15lbs come jan 18th. I've gone back to riding at night. after work today i went on a long haul, it must have been a yard sale weekend or something.. i stopped at 5 yard sales today. always hunting for vintage flashes, no luck though

Finishing my Nicksdad ROTJ saber has me now looking into this tool to go with it. Did anyone else get any further on this?

Screen Shot 2017-01-24 at 1.46.27 PM.png

Finishing my Nicksdad ROTJ saber has me now looking into this tool to go with it. Did anyone else get any further on this?

View attachment 700945

I've been hunting eBay since... cant find exactly this one. BUT i have found others with spheres on the top. i still believe there is more to it then just 1 compass, i think theres other stuff attached to it as well

when searching there are some old compasses with 3 arms on them. what the 3rd arm is for i have no idea, but i swear when you see him flicking with it you can see the 3rd arm, he also flips it in his hand before putting it in his cape you can see the 2 different height tops

here is what i see red, is the complete compass, yellow is the extra arm
Screen%20Shot%202017-01-24%20at%201.46.27%20PM.png

Not that they help much, but I went though a HD version on youtube and got a few more screencaps. If we somehow identify this thing from such bad quality shots, we will truly be Masters of the Universe.

tool4.jpgtool1.jpgtool2.jpgtool3.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back