Toys Of Our Youth

I am LOVING this thread! How about these? Who had:

Micronauts
gallery-1519404633-micronauts.jpg

M.U.S.C.L.E wrestlers
28pack.jpg

Clink-A-Links
f0da335ae327ed1f7283d5440cfcd529.jpg

I had a bunch of MUSCLE figures. I think I missed the Micronauts (born in 77). Either that or I was too busy with SW, Transformers, GI JOE, MASK, etc.

I have no photos, but when I was a little kid I had the big Marx Bulldozer, Great Garloo, Girder & Panel bridge and turnpike set. Chemistry Set. Telescope. Lots of American Flyer Model Railroad stuff. I also had a Motorific Rolls Royce.

I had a bunch of MUSCLE figures. I think I missed the Micronauts (born in 77). Either that or I was too busy with SW, Transformers, GI JOE, MASK, etc.

I still have my old MUSCLE figured. Actually I have pretty much all my old toys. All of them in played with condition so I doubt they are work anything. I saw recently Super7 is making MUSCLE style figure for lines like Aliens, Transformers, and I think He-Man.

I had, and still have, the Micronauts I had when I was a kid. One of them was missing a few pieces, an arm, both feet, but I was able to replace them. I also had a somewhat large collection of MUSCLE figures...even had the wrestling ring, but I sold all of them a few years ago to fund a costume project that ultimately sat around for to many years and I sold off at a huge loss. :(

I am LOVING this thread! How about these? Who had:

Micronauts
View attachment 848242

M.U.S.C.L.E wrestlers
View attachment 848243

Clink-A-Links
View attachment 848244

I had, and still have, the Micronauts I had when I was a kid. One of them was missing a few pieces, an arm, both feet, but I was able to replace them. I also had a somewhat large collection of MUSCLE figures...even had the wrestling ring, but I sold all of them a few years ago to fund a costume project that ultimately sat around for to many years and I sold off at a huge loss. :(

I sadly sold off a TON of stuff for a Boba Fett build I never got around to. Also for a loss. Now that I have time again, I wish I had it all back!

Yeah, seam here. Although looking back I remember telling myself, "this stuff is just sitting in a box in my garage and has been for years...what's the point of keeping it?".

Catch 22.

I have one these in storage. With the box. Of course the box is beat up and I have no idea what condition the carrier is in since I played with it as a kid.

hqdefault.jpg

Grew up rather poor cause dad spend most of the little we had on booze.
We made alot of toys ourselfs. Grandfather who did not have much money iether helped alot.

Rubberband guns, spinning tops, checkers and chess, and such things. Grandma made those woolen balls with us wich kept us busy and afterwards we made two teams and tried to hit eachother with these woolen balls.

So not much fancy toys but a darn good childhood

I remember when the D&D craze hit, just about every kid in my neighborhood wanted a sword, shield and whatever other mideval weapons. My Dad made my brother and I wooden swords and shields made of cardboard with a drawer pull as the handle. Both were spray painted silver. I wish I still had those more than just about any factory produced toy.

I remember when the D&D craze hit, just about every kid in my neighborhood wanted a sword, shield and whatever other mideval weapons. My Dad made my brother and I wooden swords and shields made of cardboard with a drawer pull as the handle. Both were spray painted silver. I wish I still had those more than just about any factory produced toy.

Recreate them. That would be a great project and mean something very personal to you.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back