my Ghostbusters props

The above video didn't really show off the full set of metal replacement labels. Still not permanently attached, but here they are just lying in place.

DSC03550.JPG
DSC03746.JPG
DSC03745.JPG

(Compare to reference pic of movie prop)

Sniffer reference.jpg

DSC03747.JPG
DSC03748.JPG

I will likely keep the original bottom label (the dented one) but having the repro gives me an extra option.

DSC03749.JPG
DSC03750.JPG

Also, some pics of the 3D printed aspirator bulb tips, with support materials on, and after cleanup.

DSC03813.JPG
DSC03805.JPG
DSC03814.JPG
DSC03831.JPG

The really funny thing is that on the actual Bacharach, there was a tiny coincidental 'prohibition' symbol at the tip, which Ryan the Ghostbuster has faithfully recreated in his 3D file.

How perfect is that for a Ghostbusters prop, I ask you?

DSC03832.JPG

I very nearly printed the earlier version seen in his 'Bacharach Conversion' thread on GBFans, which was a bit faceted.
I was fortunate that right before I was about to send the file to my printer, Ryan messaged me and casually mentioned that he'd since revised it as a 'smoother version'.

https://www.tinkercad.com/things/7JGsF07Uh0D-bachrach-sniffer-pump-nozzle-tips-smoother-version#/

And a few pics of some of my Raytheon knobs for the trap.

DSC03808.JPG

(l to r) Resin copy, 1P2B, 1K2B with incorrect skirt.

DSC03806.JPG

DSC03810.JPG

Tightening the set screws.

DSC03811.JPG
DSC03812.JPG

Alex

Last edited:
I'm not sure if this falls under the auspices of a 'prop' but it is a 'replica' of something that was in Ghostbusters.

My hope is to eventually incorporate it into a display for some of my other replica items.

Alex

Last edited by a moderator:
I broke my camera lens just over a week ago, but ordered a replacement part (for eight dollars) which arrived yesterday, and I successfully repaired the thing myself.

So today I've been playing catch-up on lots of video projects. I think this is the fifth video uploaded today!

But this is the only one that would fall under the 'props' heading. Enjoy!

Alex

Last edited by a moderator:
Can we safely assume you've pre-ordered the new Spirit Halloween trap & PKE meter? What are your opinions of those?

I hadn't heard about these and I got excited when I saw this post. I just looked... Pretty cheap looking. Not even close to accurate... But not terrible for a Halloween costume, which is the point I guess.

The Mattel versions were great. Too bad they won't make more.

I have not preordered them. I've put the trap in the cart and taken it out about a half dozen times. I just can't ever seem to pull the trigger.

If those had come out in the 80s, when I had no frame of reference and no identifications were available for any real world items used, I'd have been ecstatic.

But as it is now, I find them a little lacking.

Maybe they'll have a sale on them.

Alex

I thought they might meet a mid-range or mid-market need, something that's light and looks OK, but that one wouldn't worry too much about getting damaged during an event.

I thought they might meet a mid-range or mid-market need, something that's light and looks OK, but that one wouldn't worry too much about getting damaged during an event.

I nearly forgot...

There is ONE item, being sold by Spencer's itself rather than Spirit, that might be the most useful for 'events'.

They have the plastic Spirit proton pack from last Hallowe'en in a functional backpack version.

Lmt8pfT.jpg

https://www.spencersonline.com/prod...21/c/2024/sc/3202/162932.uts?thumbnailIndex=1

It's been 'half-price' since they introduced it a couple of weeks ago. $75 seems a bit steep, but better than the 'full price' of $150.

That would've come in so handy a few years ago when my son already had a flightsuit, but no pack, so we just put a school backpack on him so he could carry around all the items-to-be-autographed and purchases at conventions.

Zak and Gil Gerard.jpg

Zak in Jackson photo by Rob Hood.jpg
Zak and Ayk 1.jpgZak and Ayk 2.jpg
Zak Alex Dan.jpg

Now, he's got a proton pack with lights, etc. so the 'proton backpack' would be a step backward.

But I could totally see this item being used by a cosplay team's 'handler' who doesn't want to wear full gear, and is only there to hold the cameras, etc.

Alex

Last edited:
Hotglued this knob in place, but not really happy with it. Open to suggestions.

DSC04356.JPG

View attachment 840088

Testing out a way to light the pedal with its own separate power supply... but I'd need to conceal a switch somewhere.

DSC04353.JPG

View attachment 840087

Found a 12volt battery that fits the battery holder better, is cheaper, and seems to produce a brighter light for the Linrose.

DSC04367.JPG

Alex

Last edited:
View attachment 840089

Pulled my rubdown transfers out of the box of parts to discover the needed white one had partially adhered to the plastic of the red one. AUGH!

DSC04368.JPG
View attachment 840090

Did the best I could with the remaining section.

DSC04369.JPG

View attachment 840093
I found a fragment of the rest and then cut apart another white rubdown that was optional for the thrower, and filled the gap in crudely. (Comparison pic on right.)

DSC04372.JPGtrap pedal rubdown schematic.jpg

View attachment 840092

Disappointing... but I am positive I have another set around here somewhere, from when I repainted my thrower.
View attachment 840091

Hopefully I can locate that and re-do this detail.

If not... anyone got a set of rubdowns that they bought just for the pack, and don't need the trap-specific ones?

Alex

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back