Rian Johnson to write and direct a new trilogy of films.. (Star Wars Universe)

Chicken. :) But I will reiterate my previous cogent argument why this project will proceed. Rian and Ram delivered their film on time and in budget. It went on to make sufficient money that Disney, and us shareholdes, were happy with the result. Bob Iger didn't expect it to do TFA money, it performed exactly in line with their expectations. Disney needs as much content out of LucasFilm as possible over the next 5 years + to support their streaming service to compete with Netflix and Amazon Prime. Content is King and Disney is willing to pay for it. They were willing to buy Fox for $56B just for their content. It's way cheaper when you own franchises and studios to crank out $200M productions on their own. how do you like them numbers, pal! :)

Err....put a pin in that purchase.

After the ATT thing Comcast has come in to offer 65B. That's what we need is to have in the hands of those bleeps.

That's why I didn't bother, the only part I saw was about the"it's too early" quote, which wasn't really interesting. The complete interview is much better though, so thank you for making me search for it. I had been meaning to see if you wanted to put a little wager on wether or not this actually see's the light of day as you seem very convinced it won't.

I understand that there are gambling sites that take bets on most everything. I've actually been searching for one, unsuccessfully, that would take this bet. I don't believe it will ever see the light of day.

I don't get the ire towards RJ. He made a movie you didn't like, he didn't murder your grandma with an ice pick. ***** ******. If your groceries get bagged poorly do you tell the bagger you hope he gets AIDS and then dies in a fire?

I don't get the ire towards RJ. He made a movie you didn't like, he didn't murder your grandma with an ice pick. ***** ******. If your groceries get bagged poorly do you tell the bagger you hope he gets AIDS and then dies in a fire?

If Rian Johnson had messed up 'Rogue One' there wouldn't be this level of hate.

In TLJ he severely damaged Luke Skywalker's character in many people's eyes.

IF you dont understand the ire of the fans of Star Wars regarding TLJ, then you might not be in the right forum. At least the OT stuff anyway.

Not only did he make a movie we didnt like, he ruined characters we loved, and havent seen in the same universe in decades.

And yeah, if a bagger bags my groceries like an idiot, Im sure as hell going to say something. "Why the hell would you put the beer on top of the bread, its common sense"

- - - Updated - - -

It's still a movie and Luke Skywalker is still a fictional character.
So what?! Thats his job, look how much money those movies and fictional characters make. I dont get that response, so what if it isnt "real".

IF you dont understand the ire of the fans of Star Wars regarding TLJ, then you might not be in the right forum. At least the OT stuff anyway.

Not only did he make a movie we didnt like, he ruined characters we loved, and havent seen in the same universe in decades.

I get frustration and disappointment. I don't the the full on hatred, hoping he never makes another movie again, etc. Those are two different things.

And yeah, if a bagger bags my groceries like an idiot, Im sure as hell going to say something. "Why the hell would you put the beer on top of the bread, its common sense"

Yes. That's a reasonable response. Unlike other things I've seen people saying.

So what?! Thats his job, look how much money those movies and fictional characters make. I dont get that response, so what if it isnt "real".

Because wishing ill on a person for telling a story you didn't like is ****ed up. One thing is in the real world with real consequences for people who exist. The other is not. I don't get why this is a thing that needs explaining in the year of our lord two thousand and freaking eighteen.

I guess I am one of the few people that loves the last Jedi despite its flaws.

I liked it quite a bit. Though it isn't holding up great for me on rewatch.
I'm pretty interested to see what Rian comes up with for his own trilogy. Star Wars needs to expand beyond what it's been in the past if it's going to continue instead of rehashing the older films and RJ makes movies that can keep a person guessing.

Can you please direct me to a post where someone said they hope RJ gets AIDS and dies in a fire? Thanks.

Paul Andrew The reason why people dont want him to make another movie again is BECAUSE he ruined what could have been handled by someone else, and a rad movie could have been made. Not only that, but KK wants to give him full reign on a new trilogy that a good story teller could spin into something glorious. And besides, who cares if people hate people on line? Its not like hating people is new, with the advent of the internet, it just groups people up. None of us really KNOW the guy, we just hate what he did to Ep 8 and potential future Star Wars related stuff. And he is a smug SOB. I imagine talking to him would be like getting my teeth pulled, he is a very impish looking little *****.

I think youre being a tad sensitive regarding what people are saying. Yeah, the KMT stuff in the other thread is a problem, I understand that. But Ruin? He is indefensible. He eggs people on too. The guy is a ******. The themes of TLJ speak volumes about how much vitriol he has for the "manbabies". If it wasnt for those "manbabies" Star Wars wouldnt be worth what it is.

- - - Updated - - -

I was exaggerating for effect.
Apparently it's cool to want the guy run out of his industry entirely though.
That happens to people in "their" industry all the time. Like I said, if he didnt egg people on, he probably wouldnt get as much flak. I stay off social media though so I only see what people post here, and its usually Bryancd posting something

Last edited by a moderator:
The reason why people dont want him to make another movie again is BECAUSE he ruined what could have been handled by someone else, and a rad movie could have been made. Not only that, but KK wants to give him full reign on a new trilogy that a good story teller could spin into something glorious. And besides, who cares if people hate people on line? Its not like hating people is new, with the advent of the internet, it just groups people up. None of us really KNOW the guy, we just hate what he did to Ep 8 and potential future Star Wars related stuff. And he is a smug SOB. I imagine talking to him would be like getting my teeth pulled, he is a very impish looking little *****.

I don't see how what the guy looks like has anything to do with the film. I also don't think he's smug. I think expecting a multibillion dollar corporation to generate a film that is going to appeal firstly to a small subset of diehards might be though.

I think youre being a tad sensitive regarding what people are saying. Yeah, the KMT stuff in the other thread is a problem, I understand that. But Ruin? He is indefensible. He eggs people on too. The guy is a ******. The themes of TLJ speak volumes about how much vitriol he has for the "manbabies". If it wasnt for those "manbabies" Star Wars wouldnt be worth what it is.

- - - Updated - - -

That happens to people in "their" industry all the time. Like I said, if he didnt egg people on, he probably wouldnt get as much flak. I stay off social media though so I only see what people post here, and its usually @Bryancd posting something

You may be right about the sensitivity part. I tend to take what people write at face value, given that it's not the same as a spoken word conversation and they have all the time in the world to choose their words if they want.
That aside, we have very different opinions on TLJ and its director and how he's comported himself online. And I'll leave it there.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back