Moebius Galactica upgrades

Robiwon

Master Member
Gone but not forgotten.

Attachments

• 625x465_2840132_7348396_1415473051.jpg
    625x465_2840132_7348396_1415473051.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 360
The larger-scale versions of these upgrades intended for the Salzo half-studio scale kit are terrific. I highly recommend them!

Tony just loaded a new nose for the Moebius kit!

Attachments

• 625x465_2849540_7416789_1415758360.jpg
    625x465_2849540_7416789_1415758360.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 212
Battlestar001.jpgBattlestar002.jpgBattlestar003.jpgBattlestar004.jpgBattlestar005.jpgBattlestar006.jpg

I just wanted to try and show off some of Tony's parts and the difference they make in the look of the Moebius kit.

I used the bridge, nose and the small dome.

Here are some shots of my first finished Battlestar the Solaria. I am out of practice so it is not nearly my best work but I learned a lot that will be applied to at least two other Battlestar builds. Hopefully these at least show off the difference Tony's parts can make!

SolariaBow.JPGSolariaPort_3_4.JPGSolariaPort.JPG

Very nice work! Glad to see Tony's parts showing up on finished builds!! You did her proud. What color did you use for your finish?

Thanks for the kind words.

I used Model Master Camouflage Grey from a rattle can. I also printed up custom decals which have a darker shade of red. Good thing too, I ended up ruining several and think one of the red engine squares is lost somewhere in the engine structure.

Last edited:
Well the real Galactica was simply white shot with harsh lighting to make the shadows. To simulate this you have a few options.

Follow the directions in the kit - and pre-shade the thing by painting it black and then come back with many light coats of white until it gets to the shade you want.

or

Paint it your favorite color of white - off white and then give it a dark gray to black wash.

I painted mine Tamiya AS-20 insignia white, and then washed in Dark gray. I don't have any decent pics since it still being built but I'm pretty happy with the color. "almost" white, with darker areas in the detailing. I am kinda angry at myself though - decaling and scotch don't mix... I messed up a bunch of the decals by not waiting long enough for them to set then handling the model to apply more decals... Mistake. I may just look for a red paint that matches and paint them in...

Jedi Dade

Last edited:
This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back