Yet unpublished photos in magazine at Wal Mart

Wow, from what scene is that shot of the belt box and MPP shroud?
01741ccfcb5d4cfb5bb1870a1e42fb89.jpg

The 'nose' of the Vader shroud is much thicker than the Graflex stunt and the shape is different. This shroud is more like Barbican style. Could there be two stunts?

Yeah-- that was just a block they put on there to make the shared stunt look more like the MPP.

What's that thing next to the grenade? Looks like a custom saber in the works!

The photo caption said something like it was a prototype saber.

Did we real anything new in the articles? Curious what they had to say about the grenade and balance pipe.

Some great new pics!! Thanks for sharing tom

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

...also, there's a black stripe on Vader's blade meaning it must spin (otherwise the black stripe would be permanently visible).

Vader's blade clearly didn't spin during the duel though, so did the thick emitter saber spin while the regular one didn't?

The whole book just gives a short rundown on each major character. Their first and last lines spoken in the movie for example. Lol! As well as the usual on Lucas, the music, effects, etc... Nothing in there we didn't already know or hear a gozillion times.

So the grenade and balance pipe on the photo isn’t actually the same parts used for the Props?

Just wondering if we can examine this new grenade photo see if we can link it to the big screen

I’ve been protesting walmart for the last year. Hopefully my magazine store in town had a copy

The photo caption said something like it was a prototype saber.
The caption is "An early prototype of the lightsaber prop used by Alec Guinness as Obi-Wan Kenobi." Meaning both pieces that you see in the photo - they're not making distinctions between the two.

So the grenade and balance pipe on the photo isn’t actually the same parts used for the Props?
I think it's reasonable to assume that they probably are the same parts that they used for at least one of the props. That picture was first published in "The Cinema of George Lucas" by Marcus Hearn (2005) with a similar caption: "Prototype lightsaber props created at Elstree Studios." Clearly they didn't have the knowledge that we do now - that the parts were combined and weren't two separate concepts.

Well at the very least it's interesting to see the thought process there, even if they hadn't arrived at the final parts at that point.

I don't believe that's a black stripe on Vader's blade. That's one facet of the blade where the reflective material is not reflecting straight at camera.

Thanks for the clarification on that pipe guys - Very curious what this lightsaber could have been with part of that fitting

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back