Sherlock Holmes Collection

The opposite wall. Landscapes and ships, for Watson -- all period works.

Attachments

• wwall8.jpg
    wwall8.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 115
A weekend project -- a replica of the walking stick rack from the Westminster 1951 Exhibition Sherlock Holmes 221B recreation.

Attachments

• originalrack.jpg
    originalrack.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 155
  • rack5-10.png
    rack5-10.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 178
Holmes' note to Watson, at the Reichenbach Fall.

"From the top of this bowlder the gleam of something bright caught my eye, and, raising my hand, I found that it came from the silver cigarette-case which he used to carry. As I took it up a small square of paper upon which it had lain fluttered down on to the ground. Unfolding it, I found that it consisted of three pages torn from his note-book and addressed to me. It was characteristic of the man that the direction was as precise, and the writing as firm and clear, as though it had been written in his study."

Attachments

• noteframed1.png
    noteframed1.png
    754.9 KB · Views: 141
deck5, that is a superb Holmes room! Very impressive. And thank you for sharing the Reichenbach Falls image. I was looking for that for quite some time.

Thank you, and you're welcome! I'm glad it was of some use. Here's a quick update on the walking stick rack -- I added some period-appropriate moulding, and tucked a few bits and pieces into the mirror's frame.

Attachments

• moulding.png
    moulding.png
    746.6 KB · Views: 121
Swapped the Reichenbach Falls picture for a painting of same.

Attachments

• r3.jpg
    r3.jpg
    199.1 KB · Views: 157
I admit, I'm not very knowledgeable on Sherlock Holmes, but I must commend you on putting this room together, good sir! It looks excellent, I'm very impressed, it looks lovely.

On a recent trip to London, I visited the Sherlock Holmes museum. I know this isn't representative of the tv-show you're modeling this after, but I could put up the few pictures I took of Sherlock's study if you'd like?

Thanks! By all means, I enjoy seeing pictures from the museum. My room has a number of influences; I styled my chemistry bench in certain regards after the one in the museum.

This is fantastic! I adore the Granada Holmes—the only one accurate to the Canon.

There are two Holmes items I spent a long time trying to identify and find on eBay (or elsewhere), but to no avail.

Firstly, the framed oval-mirror on the mantelpiece. I don't even know what its purpose is! (It looks like maybe a double inkwell or something?) It appears to be painted cast iron maybe.

mantelthing.png

Secondly, his characteristic silver-topped cane.

brett3.gif

There are many that are close, but this one has a pattern cast into it that I've never been able to find anywhere from the several various British purveyors I've checked.

Any leads on these?

Last edited:
Hopefully this'll be of some use, if not just some entertainment then!

Let's see if I remember what's what:

_MG_0095.JPG
Holmes' bedroom.

_MG_0099.JPG
Holmes' desk (in the main study)

_MG_0101.JPG
Holmes' chemistry set.

_MG_0102.JPG
Some of Watson's books and such.

_MG_0103.jpg
Watson's fireplace.

_MG_0105.JPG
Assorted items from the books (you're all better equipped than I am to say which stories they're from!)

_MG_0106.JPG
More assorted items.

_MG_0107.JPG
Even more!

_MG_0108.jpg
Closeup of Holmes' medal from the French government.

_MG_0109.JPG
Closeup of a pocket watch.

_MG_0111.jpg
I found this amusing, I'm not sure if it even references anything from the books.

_MG_0113.jpg
Last but not least, Watson's personal privvy!

Attachments

• _MG_0095.JPG
    _MG_0095.JPG
    105.4 KB · Views: 98
  • _MG_0099.JPG
    _MG_0099.JPG
    8.5 KB · Views: 340
  • _MG_0099.JPG
    _MG_0099.JPG
    100.1 KB · Views: 106
Hi!I want to share with you pics with peaces of my uncompleted yet 1/6 scale Granada Holmes figure, but can't attach photos from my devise memory:(What I need to do?

This is amazing craftsmanship, gido! How long did this take you?
Hi!I'll be glad to say-I have made all parts, but can't.It just mine private custom figure bash I have found different artists, best in each category-sculpter, painter, tailor, boots constructor and they have made it peace by peace.Young head sculptor had a lot of problems with my perfection ambishes, he change details of face about 12 times.Very hard was to get quiet perfect Bretts nose.Even different level nosetrills he had.But result us good I guess.We start this at the end of march I guess.In two weeks outfit should be done, then shipping time and I'll put all together:)

You can follow step by step in Sideshow freaks interess thread I was made.Master of deductive or back to classical tresures.But then just two people wanted such headsculps...

Hi!I'll be glad to say-I have made all parts, but can't.It just mine private custom figure bash I have found different artists, best in each category-sculpter, painter, tailor, boots constructor and they have made it peace by peace.Young head sculptor had a lot of problems with my perfection ambishes, he change details of face about 12 times.Very hard was to get quiet perfect Bretts nose.Even different level nosetrills he had.But result us good I guess.We start this at the end of march I guess.In two weeks outfit should be done, then shipping time and I'll put all together:)

Wow. That is still a lot of work--coordinating all those commissions into something so coherent. It comes off very well. Can't wait to see the final assembled piece. Be sure to post photos. :)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back