ANOVOS issues (ANOVOS ONLY discussion)

When I saw their announcement for the Flametrooper, I suspected the Snowtrooper would follow shortly and decided to hold tight til then....err, now!

tubachris85x, thank you for that video. I went to order the kit, but the first run is out of stock. I put myself on the list to be notified when they have them again. If you haven't managed to get you hands on a kit version to examine by the time I get it, I'd be happy to send it to you to take a look at it. I doubt I'll be starting on it immediately, as I intend to get the RS kit, too, when they have it ready (and maybe an officer's cowl, too, if they're available yet), and ultimately picking and choosing the best individual pieces to bash into a finished helmet. Your analysis was most helpful.

--Jonah

Last edited by a moderator:
@tubachris85x, thank you for that video. I went to order the kit, but the first run is out of stock. I put myself on the list to be notified when they have them again. If you haven't managed to get you hands on a kit version to examine by the time I get it, I'd be happy to send it to you to take a look at it. I doubt I'll be starting on it immediately, as I intend to get the RS kit, too, when they have it ready (and maybe an officer's cowl, too, if they're available yet), and ultimately picking and choosing the best individual pieces to bash into a finished helmet. Your analysis was most helpful.

--Jonah

No problem. I wish I could make a more coherent video with some better quality, but I hope it didn't get too confusing.

I'm not sure yet if I will try my hands at building a kit version. I see that as me spending $200+ just to prove a point. My concern really is folks in the 501st who may try and use these helmets down the road, so if they find themselves looking to build it from the ground up, I'd like to know that it's doable. I wouldn't mind taking a look at it if you sent it my way, but I understand that requires a degree of trust with me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a quick update. A couple months ago I posted that my Poe Black Squad helmet came cracked and busted. Anovos customer service could not have been nicer and more thorough about it. They took a series of photos of the item before it left the warehouse and sent it to me incredibly quickly. I will definitely buy from them again - and completely understand that they are just guys like us, doing their best.

Curious if anyone knows about the First Order Blaster kit that was revealed last summer? I haven't seen anything about it in regards to shipping (other than the Anovos "Winter 2017" shipping timeframe), and it is now "Not Available" on the website. I didn't order one, just curious if others did and what they've heard (if anything)

No problem. I wish I could make a more coherent video with some better quality, but I hope it didn't get too confusing.

Not at all. I think you should send that to the LMO for discussion and disbursement to the GMLs. I figure local garrisons will start seeing people applying with these finished helmets, and they should be prepared. I mean, if they're not able to catch people in the research stage and steer them to better options.

I'm not sure yet if I will try my hands at building a kit version. I see that as me spending $200+ just to prove a point. My concern really is folks in the 501st who may try and use these helmets down the road, so if they find themselves looking to build it from the ground up, I'd like to know that it's doable. I wouldn't mind taking a look at it if you sent it my way, but I understand that requires a degree of trust with me.

*pff* I've known you on here for a while, and, while we don't agree on everything, I get where you're coming from as a position of personal integrity. I would have no hesitation. If I horribly mis-read you, I can always escalate all the way to the COG if need be. :p But I doubt it.

--Jonah

Just a quick update. A couple months ago I posted that my Poe Black Squad helmet came cracked and busted. Anovos customer service could not have been nicer and more thorough about it. They took a series of photos of the item before it left the warehouse and sent it to me incredibly quickly. I will definitely buy from them again - and completely understand that they are just guys like us, doing their best.

Same with my Vader that came damaged!

Not at all. I think you should send that to the LMO for discussion and disbursement to the GMLs. I figure local garrisons will start seeing people applying with these finished helmets, and they should be prepared. I mean, if they're not able to catch people in the research stage and steer them to better options.

*pff* I've known you on here for a while, and, while we don't agree on everything, I get where you're coming from as a position of personal integrity. I would have no hesitation. If I horribly mis-read you, I can always escalate all the way to the COG if need be. :p But I doubt it.

--Jonah

Well, I'm not exactly in "favor" of the current LMO. Much to a lot of people's dismay, I've been scouted to be a running candidate's LMO for the elections next month. We'll see how that plays out but already getting a lot of nasty grams for the sake of being a-holes.

As for borrowing the kit, I hear ya. I'm not a swindler. I admit I can be a procrastinator but never with nefarious intent. I'm just not sure I want to forward $200 on it personally. It'd be an interesting experiment. I've got abut 10 yards of cowl vinyl sitting in my workshop anyways

Last edited:
Well, I'm not exactly in "favor" of the current LMO. Much to a lot of people's dismay, I've been scouted to be a running candidate's LMO for the elections next month. We'll see how that plays out but already getting a lot of nasty grams for the sake of being a-holes.

I wish I could say I had no idea about closed minds and politicking in the Legion... :rolleyes I first found out about them in late '01. Still not official, but hope to be this year. A couple people kept making me step away for years at a time before I'd cooled down enough to get excited again.

Plus my ongoing campaign with black Scouts and red Troopers. The Legion defined Storm Commandos as "black Biker Scouts" and Magma Troopers as "red Stormtroopers" back in their big '02 revamp, and I've been fighting it ever since. Storm Commandos are utterly unique, though Scout-inspired, and at that point Shadow Scouts hadn't been introduced as a thing -- that happened due to all the people doing black Scouts and some people beginning to point out that no they weren't Storm Commandos. Magma Troopers have never been seen or described, and the only instance of red Stormtroopers specifically called them out as Royal guards in red Stormtrooper armor for combat ops.

So I'm used to not being popular due to my insistence on accuracy. There's a saying: "I've upped my standards. Up yours." ;)

As for borrowing the kit, I hear ya. I'm not a swindler. I admit I can be a procrastor but never with nefarious intent. I'm just not sure I want to forward $200 on it personally. It'd be an interesting experiment. I've got abut 10 yards of cowl vinyl sitting in my workshop anyways

Hm... Maybe a helmet's worth of that as a thank-you...? :love

--Jonah

Hello,

I am reaching out to you today to thank you for your order of the STAR WARS[emoji769] - Imperial Snowtrooper Ensemble as well as provide an update on its current status.

As you may be aware, this item is currently slated to ship this season Winter 2017 (December 22, 2017 - March 19, 2018). Your ensemble is currently being packaged for shipment by our fulfillment team. As such, I wanted to let you know that it is anticipated to be available and ready to ship to you as early as February 1st, 2018 through March 8th, 2018 (2/1/2018 - 3/8/2018) pending final inspection by our fulfillment team. When your order ships, you will receive an automated shipment notification with the tracking number in a separate email from our fulfillment system. Transit times may vary following hand-off to the shipping carrier.

Please take this opportunity to verify that your shipping information (address, email address and phone number) is up-to-date. If you have moved since you ordered but have not notified our customer service team, please reach out to them directly (updating your info on your online account does NOT update it within our internal shipping system). You can contact Customer Service via Live Chat on our website ANOVOS.com Monday-Friday 9am-1pm and 2pm-5pm PDT or email them at support@anovos.com.

Sincerely,

Ezra Parish
Customer Supply Liaison

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I wish I could say I had no idea about closed minds and politicking in the Legion... :rolleyes I first found out about them in late '01. Still not official, but hope to be this year. A couple people kept making me step away for years at a time before I'd cooled down enough to get excited again.

Plus my ongoing campaign with black Scouts and red Troopers. The Legion defined Storm Commandos as "black Biker Scouts" and Magma Troopers as "red Stormtroopers" back in their big '02 revamp, and I've been fighting it ever since. Storm Commandos are utterly unique, though Scout-inspired, and at that point Shadow Scouts hadn't been introduced as a thing -- that happened due to all the people doing black Scouts and some people beginning to point out that no they weren't Storm Commandos. Magma Troopers have never been seen or described, and the only instance of red Stormtroopers specifically called them out as Royal guards in red Stormtrooper armor for combat ops.

So I'm used to not being popular due to my insistence on accuracy. There's a saying: "I've upped my standards. Up yours." ;)

Hm... Maybe a helmet's worth of that as a thank-you...? :love

--Jonah

Well, they've also placed the R1 Shoretroopers into the Path Finders detachment, which makes no sense. Shoretroopers are literally standard stormtroopers on guard duty rotation-that's it, but na, they have that same "nose" as a scout trooper helmet, so they gotta be scouts! /s

It's up to you man, but it's an experiment, and the only concern I have is messing up the outer shroud in an attempt to straighten out those boxes on the rear

Well, they've also placed the R1 Shoretroopers into the Path Finders detachment, which makes no sense. Shoretroopers are literally standard stormtroopers on guard duty rotation-that's it, but na, they have that same "nose" as a scout trooper helmet, so they gotta be scouts! /s

I saw that. I've been eye-rollingly mystified by which Detachments get which costumes over the years. The FISD tacitly claims anything using the good ol' Stormtrooper armor, including simple repaints like the Commander (with the blue stripey bits)... But SpecOps claims the Shadow Troopers, Nova Troopers, and Royal Guard Stormtroopers, despite those also being simple repaints. Meanwhile, the Clone Light Infantry (aka Kashyyyk Trooper) ended up on the Pathfinders Detachment, despite having zero pieces in common. Meanwhile, the Shadow Scout is also still held by SpecOps, despite being a Scout Trooper repaint... :confused I'm still not sure who should get the Snow Scout, though, being as it's a nearly perfect amalgam of Scout and Snowtrooper.

It's up to you man, but it's an experiment, and the only concern I have is messing up the outer shroud in an attempt to straighten out those boxes on the rear

I'm not worried. As I plan to get RS' eventual kit, I was going to use that shroud for box-preference, anyway. I was figuring I'd unpack the BBB from ANOVOS, evaluate the state of the bits, repack them, send 'em to you along with a PM on here with my thoughts, then after you give the pieces a once-over I figured we could do some joint discussion over Skype or like that to hash out what you want to try. But as long as the dome and face are okay at the end of it, I'm fine. :)

--Jonah

Looks like the Han Solo gun belt is back in stock again. I went ahead and finally ordered one. Hopefully will get it soon. I've have good experiences ordering in stock from them.

Looks like the Han Solo gun belt is back in stock again. I went ahead and finally ordered one. Hopefully will get it soon. I've have good experiences ordering in stock from them.
I was thinking of pulling the trigger (HAH! I made a funny) as well. Anybody here already purchase one? Is there a review anywhere?

I saw that. I've been eye-rollingly mystified by which Detachments get which costumes over the years. The FISD tacitly claims anything using the good ol' Stormtrooper armor, including simple repaints like the Commander (with the blue stripey bits)... But SpecOps claims the Shadow Troopers, Nova Troopers, and Royal Guard Stormtroopers, despite those also being simple repaints. Meanwhile, the Clone Light Infantry (aka Kashyyyk Trooper) ended up on the Pathfinders Detachment, despite having zero pieces in common. Meanwhile, the Shadow Scout is also still held by SpecOps, despite being a Scout Trooper repaint... :confused I'm still not sure who should get the Snow Scout, though, being as it's a nearly perfect amalgam of Scout and Snowtrooper.

I'm not worried. As I plan to get RS' eventual kit, I was going to use that shroud for box-preference, anyway. I was figuring I'd unpack the BBB from ANOVOS, evaluate the state of the bits, repack them, send 'em to you along with a PM on here with my thoughts, then after you give the pieces a once-over I figured we could do some joint discussion over Skype or like that to hash out what you want to try. But as long as the dome and face are okay at the end of it, I'm fine. :)

--Jonah

I can speak specifically in regards to the Snow Scouts, as I assumed command of the Blizzard Force the year they dropped that costume back in 2013. Members of the Spec Ops detachment were working that costume to be exclusive to their detachment. Somewhere along the line, after they submitted it for approval, they decided to put it into the Blizzard Force. I got a PM one day from an LMO who advised me about the moving of the Galactic Marines from the clone detachment to the Blizzard Force (we were working on that one) and he just says "oh btw, we're moving the snow scouts to you guys [sic]" and that was that. So, imagine you see someone chop a guys head off, walk over to you with it and drop the head in your lap and walk away, with an angry mob with torches and pitchforks charging towards you, and that summarized the next couple of years of the relationship between the Blizzard Force and Spec Ops detachment. Fast forward, we've integrated them into the detachment pretty well, and we've got a lot of members in this costume, so it does have a happy ending.

As for the kit, well, get one and we can go from there. Perhaps you can see if anyone wants to sell theirs too. I could post around as well.

--Jonah
It would be a lot easier if the Shadow Scout was in Pathfinders and all the TK repaints were in FISD as you could keep the CRLs in line with each other. As it is, the L2 requirements are all over the place even though the armor is the same and all that has changed is the color. It's pretty annoying.

That's it. They've lost their damn minds now. Do I blame Anovos, Disney or both?

How about aNOvos.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back