Cheap PKD (Water Gun)

Has anyone thought about adding some faux head casings to the cylinder? They can still be seen when the clyinder is closed, would give that extra authenticity.

You can actually get real inert (fired) casings for super cheap on many different sites. Would be cool to add them on the inside whilst people have them cracked open :)

Trying to create even more work for everyone are ya huh????? Curse you and your detailed picture!!!!!!!

(sarcasm of course!)

Come on now, that’s a great detailed pic! Whoever took that is a photographic genius. I’m in awe!

Oh wait... that’s mine...

[emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When did they start making Fullcock models with black plastic, red lights and a nice case?!? I am curious if you can tell me where did you get it and how much was it?

It's the painted "deluxe" version. The lights are painted, except the ones on the side of the magazine which appear to be fake jewels by the way they reflect light. Retail is something like $50 usd but you won't find them at that price. They are on ebay for some pretty redick prices (of course), but they occasionally come up for around three times retail. Still pretty silly but sometimes you just want what you want. It's been said they will not make the fullcock again due to licensing issues so who knows.

Now we need someone to offer laser cut foam so we can all build our own display boxes!!!!!

Oh, and tmax, I've always wanted to ask, do you have a TMAXX, gas powered RC monster truck?

Oh, and tmax, I've always wanted to ask, do you have a TMAXX, gas powered RC monster truck?

I don’t. But I’m big fan of jacked up 4x4s so I might have to look into those. [emoji1360][emoji1363]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Only realised these existed a few days ago and with the prices so high I almost left the idea lone, but I found one for $38 USD with post it for Buy it now on eBay (blue grips), not amazing but bearable on price :)

I do have a question while I'm here for any of the other Aussies around here, did you have any issues or delays with customs on getting your water pistols?
I know that they're pretty obviously a water pistol to us but I figured I'd ask (really hope there's no issues)

@Studio 49 ,

The one I ordered from Impulse ( blue grip ) got held up . When it finally arrived weeks overdue , there was a flyer inside ( opened & repackaged ) parcel from - Australian Border Force !?! , I kid you not . :wacko . Originally thought the package was missing / lost , but No . Customs had it .
Everything was intact / undamaged , but the plastic bag it came in was torn partially apart .
Guess it’s a random thing !?

Last edited:
Ok here’s my first one nearly done. Made out of a blue and silver version. I wanted a “police issued” black grip gun, that was still unabashedly a water gun. The paint messed up in a few places, which I actually really like, I’m going to use them for where to weather it down.

3DCC684D-ED14-446D-B49A-E76239B40169.jpeg1C58C828-3413-49F2-B8A6-2AE4887AC486.jpeg12E555A2-2DEF-49A0-9733-B975AEB25309.jpeg90C65F69-B7EE-4F28-9427-AFD5DB201C1B.jpeg
ECE3DDA8-7F14-4E43-BDEC-2DAAADD02DF6.jpeg5B5E4F9F-E805-4363-8864-95DF98D7D993.jpeg

Started work on my Blaster last night after reading the whole thread for the 3rd time.
20171007_153554.jpg
I have to agree that the first time I heard the crack of plastic I almost puked. I only have one of these (I'm on the waiting list for a Clear/Blue version but not holding my breath) and have a couple of spots I'm going to need to fill.

This is my first time looking into the blaster, always thought it was way out of my price range, so this is the first time I've gone through the Worldcon pictures in any depth.
DEAR GOD! The detail! One could spend months, nay YEARS, on this plastic toy and come up with something more than respectable.

First I need to Dremel out the insides. Can't decide if I should fix the triggers in place or have them move just yet.
I'm going to use Soulinertia's method of painting the inside black. Just going to paint the whole thing as I'll paint the gunmetal from the outside. I think it got the best looking finish.
I'll airbrush the rest.
The plan is to do the faux head casings as well as all the screw replacements etc. I want to deepen the groove around the leaver. Turn the mag into the battery compartment for the LEDs. Thinking of using Liquid Nails to glue lead into the main body. I have a nice chunk of hardwood that I will use to fill the grips and give me something solid to screw my cast resin grips that I will have to make. The list goes on... and on... and on...

On a side note, does anyone know what blaster it's cast from? Tomenosuke?

Cheers all and thank you, from the bottom of my heart, for the inspiration and passion.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just went to Shapeways to order avagoyamug's front receiver bit...
screenshot-www.shapeways.com-2017-10-07-20-43-17-219.png
Nearly $20 in shipping? For a part that is less than 2cm? Come on Shapeways, that is taking the Australia tax too far.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not sure if anyone else on here has attempted this, but I decided to mold the entire gun AND grips. The water pistol itself kept cracking since it arrived with a few small cracks, so I wanted a very strong, sold piece that I could also cold cast. I made a 2-part mold using 2 different types of silicone (only because I was out of Oomoo 30 and all the store had was Rebound 25). I just finished a really quick test pull using Onyx fast which unfortunately got so hot that the piece has these weird "burn bubbles". I double checked the mold and it is perfectly smooth, so I have no idea what caused it. I'm going to try another test pull with a different resin tomorrow. The grips were cast from a cheap Easy Cast resin that I tinted. I poorly cleaned the case up gave it a super simple paint job to see how it looked and I'm super impressed. I gave it a black wash to try and mimic the dirtiness the gun had in some scenes in 2049. Hopefully the next mold comes out even better!
Snapchat-1928242896.jpgSnapchat-1895893427.jpgSnapchat-1695138936.jpgSnapchat-1298211332.jpgSnapchat-1254694453.jpgSnapchat-310563818.jpgIMG_20171007_204217.jpg

That first pull looks really good.
Since you can cast and modify numerous pistols, Are you eventually going to separate the frame from the grips?

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back