The Expanse: Props & Found Parts

Re: The Expanse: Prop Weapons

Cool! Have fun.

I had a mock Beratnas 'uniform' shirt made a couple weeks ago. I found a local print shop that could do a digital print onto heat-transfer vinyl, so now I'm a passable Beratnas employee. It doesn't have the obvious thickness of the show patches, but it can be done on a one-off basis and doesn't cost a fortune, so I may have a P&K one done. I need to find some all cotton shirts though, these 65% poly ones are hot XP

-MJ

Attachments

• IMG_0225.jpg
    IMG_0225.jpg
    196.4 KB · Views: 191
  • IMG_0224.jpg
    IMG_0224.jpg
    200 KB · Views: 192
Last edited:

I wonder if there's anyway to get a resin kit for the Star Helix pistol? I read through this fun thread but felt so empty not being able to get one. ;)

Re: The Expanse: Pistol (Episode 2, The Big Empty) Identified

Thanks for the source!

I'm now catching up with Season 1 on dvd. Do you have source for Amos rifle?

The Expanse: Miller's Star Helix Pistol

In Episode 3, Miller (Thomas Jane) whips out a pistol, fires a few quick shots, and points it at a big, violent guy. I can't get any decent shots except this one, from the back end, but it appears to be nearly identical to Amos' pistol seen at the end of Episode 2.

The good news is that some of the weapons were on display at the previous SDCC. The bad news is that most of the pics I can find of them are quite poor. However, we have one good pic of a "Star Helix Pistol" on display, and it seems to confirm that Miller's pistol is likely a WE G33 Advance, most likely all black, partially repainted gray / cool gray.

So, your options for replicating this are pretty much the same: grab a black WE G33 Advance and repaint it & mod it, or do the same to the Tokyo Marui version.

-MJ

By the way, the Expanse is shot at Pinewood Studio in Toronto. Of course most of the props are made locally. I'm trying to get a hand on some of the discarded props from Season 1...

I wonder if there's anyway to get a resin kit for the Star Helix pistol? I read through this fun thread but felt so empty not being able to get one. ;)

Sorry guys - been off-line for a while. I sold the initial run of the kits of the star helix pistol. I will pour up a few about the time the second season opens of the SyFy Channel. The Molds are still fine and can pump out a few. I have to cast the top of the Matian pistol and then It will be ready for a kit also. I will post some fresh pictures as things come together. I will make about ten more Star Helix pistols. See how those go.

Gordon

Do you have source for Amos rifle?

Amos' rifle (the MCRN long gun?) is based on the APS UAR airsoft rifle. I don't have a source myself, just the same internet retailers anyone else would use. If you have an airsoft store or gun show nearby, give them a visit, you might save the cost of shipping. Or, check eBay or similar sites for a broken or 'parts' rifle.

Best price for a new, black one appears to be $135 US?

-MJ

Slowly getting there with my Star Helix pistol. Did want to get it done for the Netflix release of the show over here in the UK but rather missed that date...

Quite happy with it so far, did take a few bits of artistic licence on this one. Got to get the rear sight done and the little box that goes on the bottom of the frame

2016-11-21-06-36-01.jpg

I have to cast the top of the Matian pistol and then It will be ready for a kit also.

Is there a waiting list for this? If so one for me please :D

Anyone generate 3D files on any of the weapons? specifically the hand guns. I have a makerbot just waiting to print one. Ill post some pictures of the printed helmet I did using the small SLA provided by SyFy as my guide. Would have been easier to buy a 3M helmet and move on. LOL

I have been off-line for a bit. Lots of things going on. I have molded most of the Martian gun - but finishing the master on the top sight. The Star Helix kit is complete and I have cast about ten kits. The first batch is gone. I will be getting more plastic over the holiday. I need to find time to pour them. No waiting lists. I only will sell what I have on hand to ship. I don't want to ever have a customer waiting impatiently for something I have not already produced. The Martian pistol will be done soon. I will post some pics when I have a chance.

Gordon

There's been some new photos & videos in support of the new season, including a tour of the Roci armory with Adam Savage. Nothing revelatory, I don't think, but a nice side view all the same:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-12-23 at 3.35.03 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2016-12-23 at 3.35.03 PM.jpg
    181.3 KB · Views: 379

You know what? I take that back: we get a better look at the MCRN long guns:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-12-16 at 10.34.58 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2016-12-16 at 10.34.58 PM.jpg
    330.4 KB · Views: 214
  • Screen Shot 2016-12-16 at 10.35.32 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2016-12-16 at 10.35.32 PM.jpg
    474.3 KB · Views: 254
  • Screen Shot 2016-12-16 at 10.34.48 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2016-12-16 at 10.34.48 PM.jpg
    470 KB · Views: 242
Last edited:

Managed to ID two of the new suit lights on the new background Belter suits:

The Princeton Tec Meridian (on the chest straps)

The SureFire 2211X Wrist Light (on the lower arm)

There are 2 more kinds of chest lights and a helmet light I haven't been able to ID.

-MJ

Attachments

• Meridian-black.jpg
    Meridian-black.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 161
  • SureFire 2211-X WristLight.jpg
    SureFire 2211-X WristLight.jpg
    216.9 KB · Views: 157
  • expanse-inline-1482345190321-A.jpg
    expanse-inline-1482345190321-A.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 224
Last edited:
Thanks for the help Mike!
Here is the suit UI its not perfect but it will be good enough.
I am using my IPhone 7 so its a bit bigger then actual.
I really don't like the Icons at the top so I replaced them with the icons from Millers phone.
expanse ui CHUCK FINLEY.jpg

expanse ui SELA TYRON.jpg

Looks like we're gonna see a new gun, for one.

Looks like the new belter backpacks have some kind of MMU-like thrusters on them, maybe.

...I am curious as to how the child's pink backpack works into the story ;)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back