ANOVOS issues (ANOVOS ONLY discussion)

Any chance these might arrive by the 28th? Family is heading to Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party that night?
Han Solo Rig :

Good news, we got the okay from up to go ahead and ship the boxed ones we have. Inside you will find a note mentioning the fact that your greeblies are still on the way. So we're happy about that and shipping starts next week. Small Caveat : QC found a few belts that was un shippable. We are having those re-made, but it only affected 5% of the batch.

Thank you for the update. Not to be negative, but a Q4 release does not seem realistic if it is only 80% done at this point, no?

Yup, I am realizing this. I spent the last few days literally tracking every part of this project down and as much as I pushed, there are too many parts of this thing around the world to choreograph a perfect delivery by Q4. I am still trying to get this in for Q4, but I know everyone wants my conservative estimate which is pushing it to Q1. I am really sorry.

I ordered an Premium First Order Kit back in June. Are there any updates regarding this product ? Last thing I know is that they will be shipped next month ( maybe late this month )

Would be great to get an update how production is going forward in the US

Max

The Premium FO kits are being made here in the US. Unfortunately, the shop that we are using got backed up and because of limited resources (ths is not China) had to push this project back . I know it is not the best news but they are doing every thing they can to get a December Delivery in the books for us. I will keep you updated.

@Got Maul
What's the deal with the Solo belts? During NYCC you sent e-mails saying they were in stock, but I still haven't received my pre-order. Thanks.

This was for the three hole betls. The han solo holsters are going out with prioritization going to the investors who waited the longest first.

My question for GotMaul is.... will the Snowtrooper coat be offered separately? I also would LOVE to add it to my collection. I've got the mask on order, but I think that coat is gorgeous!

The coat we made, which used patterns taken from the originals in archives, is BEAUTIFUL. I have never seen anything like it and our Soft Goods leader did an incredible job picking the right fabric for this. Even LFL was impressed with how close this came. The Snowtrooper investors are going to be so very impressed.

With that said, they were made with limited fabric from here in the states. I know we would like to make the coats available separately, but in all honesty can't really give you a solid "yes" because of the limitation on fabric sourcing. Just like our Star Trek Captain wraps, when we find the right fabric, we do limited runs, this will probably be the case here so best to sign up for newletter or forthcoming interest ilst.

Additional Snowtrooper question for @GotMaul, I noticed the WEATHERING option is no longer mentioned on the order page. (nor the update photo) I specifically remember this option being part of my original ensemble pre-order, can you confirm it's still the case?

We stepped away from weathering because as we discovered the definition of "weathering" is a huge gradient and can be a slippery slope for too much or too little. Therefore, we were advised to step away from weather and leave it to user .

Man, if they could fix to cash to delivery time I think everyone would be incredibly happy! Things are really looking up as we're seeing some big ticket items start to trickle out!

Keep your eyes peeled. We are launching a new program very very very soon,

A bit early, but I was wondering if anyone thinks we'll see some deals on the new stuff for Black Friday?

We always have Black Friday sales.

This was for the three hole betls. The han solo holsters are going out with prioritization going to the investors who waited the longest first.

Got Maul

RIGHT. I ordered BOTH the belt and the holster. So I was pretty mad when you were offering belts at a discount with immediate shipping. I paid full price as soon as it was announced!
I ordered the holster in August of 2015 at SDCC when I was told it would be shipping in September 2015.

Last edited by a moderator:
We stepped away from weathering because as we discovered the definition of "weathering" is a huge gradient and can be a slippery slope for too much or too little. Therefore, we were advised to step away from weather and leave it to user .

So what does this mean for the people who had previously ordered the weathered version? Are you just not offering it in the future or not delivering the weathered orders?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

GotMaul, thanks for answering my question in regards to the Kylo helmet.

I am trying to cancel a ticket to open a new ticket and I cannot do so. May you help with this? We just moved and need to change my address for the stormtrooper helmet kit. Thanks.

Update :

Snowtrooper :

The helmet final sample in packaging is being sent from China for approval both internal QC and with LF. The body armor is assembled here in USA and also needs its final approval. I believe the run is actually done. The soft goods is currently being manufactured. We had a hard time sourcing the right fabric for this one, but when we found it...let's say its so nice its going into my personal collection. I will give more updates as they come and I would estimate we are about 80% to finish on this.

I don't want to stir the pot, but are the images of the *newer* snowtrooper suit suppose to be the final versions? I understand the move away from a particular, alternative *cough* "sculpt" *cough* that was presented initially and quite happy that Anovos has decided to move to the 3D scans.

However, I quite concerned with the helmet as it stands currently. The provided model to Anovos is clearly the suit that's exhibited on the various costume tours. This helmet, however, has had it's physical profile significantly altered through the years of what I can only assume to be a combination of age and severe mishandling over the course of it's travels.

That being said, I can see that the model was altered slightly, but it is still lacking in even a desirable appearance. I do not feel this replica is a faithful representation when backed against how it appears in filming.

I think this comparison image will explain my point more clearly

Anovos snowtrooper helmet compare.jpg

I do feel using the scans is an appropriate foundation, but to be honest, the "touch up" work that was done to fix some of the warping appears as though other visual reference were completely ignored, relying solely on this one version that was provided.

Hi Got Maul. Thanks for taking the time to answer our questions. It's very much appreciated. I have the Kylo Ren ensemble on order and saw that it was pushed from Nov to 1st quarter 2017. Can you please let me know if that is early or late 1st quarter? Thanks!

I'm starting to appreciate the delay with the Kylo Ren helmet... because the moment I see via a teaser that they've changed the design for VIII (instead of letting it become a classic) I am cancelling my order.

Positive thoughts... every cloud etc...

;)

I'm starting to appreciate the delay with the Kylo Ren helmet... because the moment I see via a teaser that they've changed the design for VIII (instead of letting it become a classic) I am cancelling my order.

;)
I'm betting the new helmet will be close enough for him to be recognised as the same character, but changed enough to warrant new merchandise! haha.

;)

Which Ep. VIII teaser?

Regarding the Han Solo holsters, Got Maul advised, last week, "So we're happy about that and shipping starts next week."

Has anyone received a shipping notice this week? I realize we still have a day left, and if I get my notice tomorrow, I'll eat my words, but I was curious.

So what does this mean for the people who had previously ordered the weathered version? Are you just not offering it in the future or not delivering the weathered orders?

And wasn't there a price difference?

There was no price difference. They gave people the option to tell them if they wanted weathered or not at some point. I know I specifically contacted customer support who stated they would notate that I had picked the "weathered" version. At this point as long as I get a whole suit complete suit I don't even mind that it won't be weathered. Just as long as I get my order.. At this point I'm shooting for a early June arrival that way I can AT LEAST wear the damn thing to Florida Supercon next year.

I chose weathered at the time of ipo.
This point don't really care either way, can do this personally.
Know we're close to finish line. Just want the product.

@GOTMAUL. Months ago you told us that social media posts were considered by Disney as a form of "advertising" that needed to be approved by Disney before posting........ are we to assume, now that you are posting fast and feverishly now..... that all of your posts are "mouse approved, and true" ???????????? Ps. Finally got that shadow trooper after sending back another white trooper.
"

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back