The Expanse: Props & Found Parts

Re: The Expanse: Prop Weapons

Like I said . . . "Many others posted it . . . I was the LAST one on the internet to find it . . . " thanks

- - - Updated - - -

3D Model

ProtoGEN Boarding Rifle 3D model RPF.jpg

I am about halfway through the first Book - Leviathan Awakes - It is a good read!

The TV Series follows the book pretty well - but has some extra details that were present in the show - but i missed the first time watching it. It you like the show - and you like to read - you will like the book.

The first season ends about Halfway through the book. Don't know if i should stop and wait the second season - or read the spoilers?

Hey Harada,

Obviously I can't speak for anyone but myself, but I couldn't wait that length of time to know what happens next. Having already read all of Leviathan Awakes (some time ago now) personally I'd say yes read it as it get's pretty exciting towards the end.

Roughneckone:cool

Hey Harada,

Obviously I can't speak for anyone but myself, but I couldn't wait that length of time to know what happens next. Having already read all of Leviathan Awakes (some time ago now) personally I'd say yes read it as it get's pretty exciting towards the end.

Roughneckone:cool

Thanks for the push. I can't wait - I am reading on now! i agree - the story is awesome and it "gets pretty exciting" through the WHOLE thing! : )

Thanks for the push. I can't wait - I am reading on now! i agree - the story is awesome and it "gets pretty exciting" through the WHOLE thing! : )
The farther you get you will see more and more differences. I posted in the regular Expanse thread that if they had cut out the stuff going on on Earth and added a few more episodes they might have been able to fit the whole book into the first season.

Taku Dazai posted a few pics of a space helmet. I think this is the rockhoppers' Diogo & Uncle Mateo style.

Attachments

• tumblr_o3a5obaHNS1rsnip8o1_1280.jpg
    tumblr_o3a5obaHNS1rsnip8o1_1280.jpg
    425.1 KB · Views: 247
  • tumblr_o3a5obaHNS1rsnip8o3_1280.jpg
    tumblr_o3a5obaHNS1rsnip8o3_1280.jpg
    419.1 KB · Views: 280
  • tumblr_o3a5obaHNS1rsnip8o2_1280.jpg
    tumblr_o3a5obaHNS1rsnip8o2_1280.jpg
    361.9 KB · Views: 239

Hi All,

I love all the work you guys have done, I'm going to my first 'con this year and attending the MCM Comicon in London in May, my intention is to go as Amos, I don't think I have as much attention to detail as you guys, but I hope my outfit turns out well, I'll be completing my own pistol project and hopefully it will be painted in the Tan colour scheme.

Hi All,

I love all the work you guys have done, I'm going to my first 'con this year and attending the MCM Comicon in London in May, my intention is to go as Amos, I don't think I have as much attention to detail as you guys, but I hope my outfit turns out well, I'll be completing my own pistol project and hopefully it will be painted in the Tan colour scheme.

Glad to hear it! Start a thread in the costuming forum, if you haven't already. Make some noise :)

I've been looking for cotton work shirts, with the intention of making a show-inspired mock uniform shirt. Have not been having a lot of luck.

What are you thinking of for your Amos? A grey-green jumpsuit? P&K or Beratnas Gas?

I took a stab at finding a similar 'Japanese demon' pin on eBay a while ago, did not have much luck with that either. I see a lot that are close, but not exact.

-MJ

As much as I love the more space suited version as I love the harness and like the torch and computer display, I think this time it's going to be the jumpsuit, even though I've had such a tough time trying to decide what the real colour is.

I ordered one of the "weathered" P&K t-shirts and I'll rough it up a bit more along with the jumpsuit that I decide on, I've seen that you can order embroidered patches from the show already so that part is taken care of, the demon pin has been causing trouble too but I might check out etsy and see what I can find.

I even sent a nice email to the costume designer for the show to see if I could get any help on the jumpsuit, but I won't hold my breath.

I'll need to google or screen cap the best pictures I can of his tattoos and either get stencils made up or get some transfers made
Glad to hear it! Start a thread in the costuming forum, if you haven't already. Make some noise :)

I've been looking for cotton work shirts, with the intention of making a show-inspired mock uniform shirt. Have not been having a lot of luck.

What are you thinking of for your Amos? A grey-green jumpsuit? P&K or Beratnas Gas?

I took a stab at finding a similar 'Japanese demon' pin on eBay a while ago, did not have much luck with that either. I see a lot that are close, but not exact.

-MJ

Yeah, IIRC I also emailed the costume designer or someone like her but didn't hear anything. I don't have a lot of luck in that regard for almost anyone who I contact in the biz.

Amos' jumpsuit looks gray-green to me, but the lighting on the show makes it very difficult to get good references.

Amos has 3 patches on his left shoulder, Centauri, Narcissus and a 'star,' plus the P&K (later Beratnas) patch over the breast, and the 'eagle' patch on his right shoulder, plus a big Beratnas on the back. IDK if there was a big P&K on the back before, but it's plausible.

I only saw a few of the patches on eBay, not all of them, and I'm a bit disappointed in their quality & accuracy. As far as I can tell, none of the patches on the show are embroidered – they appear to be digitally printed on some synthetic substrate. But, being unable to confirm what they are or how they were made, I understand the need to go with what's available.

Yeah we probably have been looking at the same patches, these will probably suffice for a first pass costume until something of a higher quality can be made/purchased:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/The-Expan...oidery-patches-set-FREESHIPPING-/191800688763

This is a not a bad choice I think for a first try at his overalls, with a little bit of tailoring to remove / add velcro areas and badges, could tailor and remove the side, chest zips and epaulettes, I would also consider tailoring the sleeves to make them easier to roll up

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/German-Ai...hash=item280cb28c1e:m:mpn2FLlkz-dP6qT4nYTxMcg
Yeah, IIRC I also emailed the costume designer or someone like her but didn't hear anything. I don't have a lot of luck in that regard for almost anyone who I contact in the biz.

Amos' jumpsuit looks gray-green to me, but the lighting on the show makes it very difficult to get good references.

Amos has 3 patches on his left shoulder, Centauri, Narcissus and a 'star,' plus the P&K (later Beratnas) patch over the breast, and the 'eagle' patch on his right shoulder, plus a big Beratnas on the back. IDK if there was a big P&K on the back before, but it's plausible.

I only saw a few of the patches on eBay, not all of them, and I'm a bit disappointed in their quality & accuracy. As far as I can tell, none of the patches on the show are embroidered – they appear to be digitally printed on some synthetic substrate. But, being unable to confirm what they are or how they were made, I understand the need to go with what's available.

That jumpsuit looks good. It's got a good, practical / tactical vibe to it. Probably going to be very warm though, if that's a concern.

May time in the UK, I'm sure I'll be ok, if it comes to the worst I can unzip the top half as be a little bit more casual but will still have the P&K T-shirt on so it will still look in Character

Marian Pistol - Progress

I rebuilt the rail cover for the Star Helix pistol - lower profile - accurizing. Re-molded it.

Marian pistol - Main pistol ready for construction - have to sand and remove the top gun sights to ready for the top Marian Assembly - and the flash suppressor and magwell extender has been molded.

The Martian Pistol Top assembly under construction.
Work in Progress.

Last edited:

I made a Star Helix badge the other day. Lasercut/engraved styrene bent to shape with a heat gun and investment cast in aluminum. I darkened the recessed areas with acid.
Still haven't figured out a mounting method that pleases me.

IMG_20160512_181426.jpg

Not a weapon prop, but since there ain't a separate Expanse prop thread, might as well post it here. I don't recall a badge ever being seen on screen, but it's something I figured Star Helix officers and detectives would have.

_A

Cool!

Star Helix has some sort of patch on their baseball caps & jackets, but Miller's boss has a lapel pin with the Star Helix logo.

-MJ

Attachments

• Lapel Pin.jpg
    Lapel Pin.jpg
    559.1 KB · Views: 128
  • Lapel Pin 2.jpg
    Lapel Pin 2.jpg
    468.3 KB · Views: 152

Hi everyone,

Quick update on my Amos Burton cosplay pistol, I'll be going to MCM London Comicon this saturday (28th) attached is a couple of pics of the pistol I'm taking with me, it's converted from a P698 airsoft pistol and is my very first attempt at painting / cosplay so it isnt 100% accurate or perfect so be gentle.

The attached pics are a left/right view of the pistol with hand painted markings (not great) with a bit of weathering added to the pistol so it doesn't look too "brand new" so it fits into the aesthetic of the show with luminous tape fitted to the front as per comicon safety rules and a stock picture of what the pistol looks like fresh out of the box, I hope you guys like it.

image1 (3).JPGimage2.JPGp698-plus-bb-gun.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back