Disney’s new Head of Animation Jennifer Lee

A woman in charge? UGH-- this SJW agenda of just handing women and minorities jobs is getting tired. I mean, I'm not sexist or racist, I just want the right exec for the chair position is all.
Your sarcasm is duly noted :rolleyes Considering Lassiters track record though, its a shame he is stepping down because of what was it? Forced hugging? Or something ridiculous? Hopefully this lady can handle it, she has some big shoes to fill.

Your sarcasm is duly noted :rolleyes Considering Lassiters track record though, its a shame he is stepping down because of what was it? Forced hugging? Or something ridiculous? Hopefully this lady can handle it, she has some big shoes to fill.

Her resume is pretty solid considering she’s only been there since 2011.

Hahah-- yes, I'm being a smart ass.

And yeah, I am still bummed the allegations against Lassiter. She definitely seems qualified though.

A woman in charge? UGH-- this SJW agenda of just handing women and minorities jobs is getting tired. I mean, I'm not sexist or racist, I just want the right exec for the chair position is all.

Nobody is complaining about this Seth:lol

Now, people could argue that Lassiter was fired for the wrong reason sure and they might be right. But nobody is blaming Lee for that.

people could argue that Lassiter was fired for the wrong reason sure and they might be right.

I have many friends who had worked with John at Disney as well as at Pixar and while they all loved him as a creative head and as a story man, they all have been honest that he crossed lines before. They said they have respect for his work history but have seen actions from him that made many people feel very uncomfortable. I know these people and they would never make stuff up nor publicly slam him. This is stuff they said in private conversation and without provocation.

Hahah-- yes, I'm being a smart ass.

And yeah, I am still bummed the allegations against Lassiter. She definitely seems qualified though.

Meritocracy people, and only meritocracy! I don't care if you're a man or a woman or both at the same time; I don't want nice, I want experienced people to do the job at hand:behave

Meritocracy people, and only meritocracy! I don't care if you're a man or a woman or both at the same time; I don't want nice, I want experienced people to do the job at hand:behave

I would have liked to see Brad Bird or maybe Andrew Stanton in the position. They have a proven track record at Pixar as well as outside the company. But I am happy to hear that Pete Doctor is getting placed in a much more important creative role.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back