RESOLVED - received an empty box

bothanspy

Sr Member
Hi guys, I never thought this would happen to me, but it did

I bought an Orellana's Dagger from Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull in the Junkyard from Indy Magnoli of NZ, and even paid for DHL tracking

http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=258257

waited patiently for it to arrive.

It arrived yesterday and when I got it, it felt very light. Opened it, and it and the box is EMPTY!!! The DHL bag seems to have been ripped opened and re-taped.
I think it had been stolen alone the way :(

What can I do here? I have opened a PayPal claim, but I am not sure what else I can do. Any advise or help?

Last edited:
Re: HELP - received an empty box

DHL should have some sort of claim system as well. Additionally, you may want to contact your local Better Business Bureau and/or Police dept.

Possible, though I'd think they'd tell you that via a letter in the box or something. Talk to Sarednab and see if he had any problems with shipping like this. He may have relevant experience and advice.

I had homeland security take the hands from a resin garage kit I bought from someone in Australia. :unsure
Anything is possible.

Lol!!!

Regardless of whether or not it was stolen or confiscated, who would still ship the empty box?! :lol

(not laughing at you man. The situation really sucks, but it's kinda amusing in this aspect)

Sorry to hear this, sounds like somebody in the delivery chain is a prop collector I mean thief.

I would file a claim with DHL, Paypal and of course contact Indy Magnoli and let him know

Indy Magnoli is working with me on this. He marked the label "prop replica" as description, so the chances of it being stolen is high. Hopefully, we can get some resolution to this unfortunate situation.

Has this happened to anyone else? getting an empty box in the mail that is.

Sorry to hear this, sounds like somebody in the delivery chain is a prop collector I mean thief.

I would file a claim with DHL, Paypal and of course contact Indy Magnoli and let him know

Attachments

• IMG_4491.JPG
    IMG_4491.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 926
  • IMG_4490.JPG
    IMG_4490.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 282

hope this gets sorted out. I had a similar issue with DHL back in 2012 that ended with them saying sorry but not sorry and never ended getting anything back. Hopefully you have more luck than myself on it.

Absolute scumbaggery of the highest order. I hope you get this sorted out.

I've had props I've ordered ripped from their boxes, man handled, stuffed back in the box with a half hearted attempt of repackaging and arrive broken all thanks to the post office /customs or whoever along the way and been so mad I could spit. But at least they showed up. That's unbelievable! Especially when you trust these people to not take advantage of their position.

I'm not buying from overseas anymore. last time was a big big let down. totally abused package. almost wanted to give up on props altogether...

I bought a Iron Man helmet from Dirtsen, and DHL never updated shipping past the "Shipping label has been created" stage, which made me think it hadn't been sent at all, until it arrived at my doorstep. Plus, it arrived looking like it spent the better part of it's travel time as a footstool.

IMG_1715.JPG

Another time I had a Kickstarter reward, a limited edition signed Thrilling Adventure Hour graphic novel, opened and ripped out of it's packaging. USPS sent me the empty package with a basically a "we received it this way" sticker on it. After I went to the Post Office, they told me they weren't going to do anything about it. Luckily, the TAH people were nice enough to send me another one.

i think if the government is so hard up to put cameras everywhere ...the first place they should start is the inside of mail service offices and facilities.
last time i checked messing with other people's mail is a felony.
why they aren't doing something to clean this up is beyond me.

We'll be looking into this from our end, but most likely it'll just be an insurance claim to get the funds back. If the package looks opened then retaped with no note, that's theft. If there is external damage to the package, it's possible the knife fell out (albeit unlikely the way I wrapped it with bubble wrap; half the box would have to have been ripped off for this to have happened). And if it was a custom issue, you should have received notification. But, since this was shipped to the US, this should NOT have been an issue at all.

First off, I deal with customs every day, to say they are pricks, is being nice. They can take what they want, if they think it illegal or weapon. They do not have to say a word if they do not wish to. Some times they will call, if there is a good phone number on the on the CI. You must remember, FedEx and UPS have much better control over pkgs, then DHL. Yes they higher, but trust me, way above the rest. DHL in the U.S. are contractors, which will make a difference. You should be able to file a claim with them. Also. as far shipping empty boxes, they do it all the time, HP and Verizon being two of the worst.

Indy Magnoli has given me a refund, so I am settled on my end. He will try to get a claim in with DHL, and hopefully get his compensation too. I am pretty sure it was stolen, as no notice from custom and the bag was ripped. Good luck Indy Magnoli with your claim! Let me know if you need any pictures for prove to help with the claim.

Still sucks for everybody. Let's all keep our eyes out on eBay for it.

This one is a little different from Pasquale's standard one: I added a black acrylic wash to the handle and replaced the faux crystals in the eyes with genuine Austrian crystals. So if one does end up popping up on eBay, I should be able to ID it.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back