Black Series Darth Vader reveal helmet coming...? Hasbrocon

I see someone commented that Hasbro should avoid putting electronics in these Black Series helmets. I say, if that's what you want, collect something more SA than these, as you've been doing.

Personally, the electronics make these much more attractive. And the price point will allow people who don't want to drop hundreds of dollars on helmets to finally collect them. Doesn't matter to me whether they are totally SA. I've got a Stormtrooper helmet and as far as I'm concerned, it looks right on the money sitting on my shelf. So, I'll probably buy this, as well.

I think the electronics attract the non collector types (basically people not on this forum) to spending that much money on what they might consider a toy or Halloween mask.
I have a feeling the dome will be undersized but this is something I'd get and display in the reveal look so it wouldn't bother me.

I would imagine Hasbro doesn't have a prop or costume license like say Anovos does. They probably have to add gimmicky things like this in order to avoid infringing on Anovos and to keep these helmets classified as "toys"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wish the TK electronics were better, but again, based on reviews of the Marvel Legends helmets, it appears Hasbro has put some effort into improving the electronics. Again, if this thing turns out somewhere near the accuracy of my Don Post CA, I'll be one happy camper.

FullSizeRender (2).jpg

The sculpt seems to be a more detailed 1:1 scale version of the 1/6 titanium black series vader helmet they did before. I'm pretty sure the kylo and poe helmets are also similar sculpts. I do wish they used/retooled the helmet sculpt of their 6" black series version to make it look like an ROTJ though.

14581562_10154637640672437_8460114707328354238_n.jpg

Looks really good. My other Vader helmets are for display. Looks like this is the one I could get to actually wear and "play" with

This was exactly my thought. I'll leave my Darth Ugly on the shelf, but I'll definitely grab one of these to wear around and make the noises.

I like the interior but the face sculpt looks really wonky to me. Same with the dome. I may pick one up to to mod or use for parts for custom...I dunno, I guess it depends on price.

Just the fact that they're actually making this. I've never understood why no other company hasn't done this yet. I applaud Hasbro for doing this. :cheers

Now, make a 3P0!!!!

I like the interior but the face sculpt looks really wonky to me. Same with the dome. I may pick one up to to mod or use for parts for custom...I dunno, I guess it depends on price.
The face kinda looks okay to me (not any worse than my old Ridell reveal at any rate), but the helmet looks weird in that 3/4 shot, and the neckline is too short I think. Still....compared to all the other Hasbro Vader helmets of the past? Drool.

Guys..it will not be a premium ROTJ-Reveal for 100 bucks...I´m building on one for a long time...this prop is too complex for a massproduction.
I also don´t think that Hasbro will match the overall proportions if they don´t use an Originalhelmet for the base.

No one expects it to be premium. That being said, seeing what they can do with plastic greeblies and passable paint jobs, it is worth it. Also, as far as anyone can tell, they are using screen-used assets to create their BS helmets. If I remember correctly, all of the BS products are created using 3d scans of props and actor likenesses.

I have the Stormtrooper and Poe helmets. Both are awesome display pieces period. Are they perfect no. But lets take a ride back to 1977...........

Retailers were selling flimsy rubber Stormtrooper masks sculpted by an epileptic squirrel for $80....yes $80 back in 1977. The Black Series helmets are a fantastic buy for the money. Perfect, no.....but what do you want at the $100 price point?

No one expects it to be premium. That being said, seeing what they can do with plastic greeblies and passable paint jobs, it is worth it. Also, as far as anyone can tell, they are using screen-used assets to create their BS helmets. If I remember correctly, all of the BS products are created using 3d scans of props and actor likenesses.
The previous three were based on props from the recent films. They may not have access to a ROTJ era prop.

I would be surprised if the Vader is full size in all dimensions. Isn't it significantly larger than the previous helmets?

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

Well if nothing else this thread got me to buy the mini helmet of vader off ebay.

Boredom brings buying!

The previous three were based on props from the recent films. They may not have access to a ROTJ era prop.

I would be surprised if the Vader is full size in all dimensions. Isn't it significantly larger than the previous helmets?

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

It is larger, but the Poe helmet showed that they are willing to up the box dimensions. Also consider the size of the Cap shield box.

If they are working with lucasfilm, they have access to whatever they have.

If it's undersized, no one will be able to wear it.

If it's undersized, no one will be able to wear it.

They make undersized Vaders, the Hasbro voice changer Vader and Don Post/Rubies one.
jhvadcomp2.jpg

I think this Black Series will be inbetween. Neck looks too short and dome will probably be smaller. But the detail its great. I still want one.

As has been stated before, the BS line is neither the old toy voice changers or DPS of old. Do I think they are going to be perfect? No. Do I think that it will be the correct size? Every other BS has been so far, so why would this be the first one to get short shrift?

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back