MattyCollector "Mattel Hoverboard" discussion

Yeah I think they're really starting to show their age - stickers coming up, bubbling, etc. I'm glad I only paid, what, $120 for mine?

$120 is a good price. When they were hovering (no pun intended) around $600, I scored mine for $99, sealed box with no mini hover board. That is in part why I have not been too fussed about pulling mine apart. But I DO NEED to get that double side tape and finish this off.

Finally, it's done!
Can't be happier with the different materials I had to do it.
The lenticular is not easy to work with but the result worth the pain [emoji28]

If you have any leftover lenticular then you can make a 2015 police citation ;)
http://www.icollector.com/Back-To-The-Future-2-2015-Police-Citation_i20788284

20788284_1.jpg

Hey, new to the rpf, and I figure what better way to make friends than to share.
I give to you some pictures of props... all official props...

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_HvWaf_Q6V1eWI5VUNFaVpEREU
i have tons of other prop photos for rocketeer.

Welcome! A great way to keep this thread on topic would be to share your awesome photos in a new thread. And since they're production made / screen used pieces, there's a section of the rpf just for those things! Check it out here: https://www.therpf.com/production-made-costumes-props/

Re: MattyCollector "Mattel Hoverboard" discussion

I will need to redo this but I agree with all that have done the sticker swap. Actual psrts are so much better.
I seem to be missing some green and is the two pink strips at the back also velcro?
0b5dd54f6c7783638a8f6933661ff17f.jpg
e5db6f7f4c4a9ec1ac28e9c78edbc043.jpg

20200329_095109.jpg

This project fell off the board 5 years ago, this is where it sits. I printed Roland vinyls for it but at this point I feel like I should start from stratch. I would like to:

-Replace vinyls, velcro
-Upgrade the footstrap and mechanism
-Upgrade the magnet/battery area

It looks like kits have come and gone. Can anyone point me to ideas that would make this decently better than original?

They are both crap. But if you're just a collector and not a speculator, I would suggest you to buy the HC board and modify it as screen accurate as possible.

I just want one on a display with my other Props, so I want it to look good given lots of my props are 'decent'.

Im not very DIY orientated though, so my limit will span to sticking down new velcro and Mattel stickers. I can't anything too intricate.

Still suggest the HC? (I can buy one for £50), the Mattel will be £280 for me.

I just want one on a display with my other Props, so I want it to look good given lots of my props are 'decent'.

Im not very DIY orientated though, so my limit will span to sticking down new velcro and Mattel stickers. I can't anything too intricate.

Still suggest the HC? (I can buy one for £50), the Mattel will be £280 for me.

There are only three differences between the Mattel and HC boards as far as I know (correct me if I'm wrong): missing Mattel logos, battery and sound at the HC boards. The sound of the Mattel boards is terrible - you really don't need it. And the logos and battery can be added. The Mattel board isn't worth that much money.

There are only three differences between the Mattel and HC boards as far as I know (correct me if I'm wrong): missing Mattel logos, battery and sound at the HC boards. The sound of the Mattel boards is terrible - you really don't need it. And the logos and battery can be added. The Mattel board isn't worth that much money.

HC it is then; thank you :)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back