Frozen (Post-release)

Except for Anna's For the First Time in Forever :lol

That was not a song about wanting something she can't have. That was a song about being excited to experience a world of possibilities that await her. It's not "I want to meet the one", it's "What if I meet the one?"

I do not understand why this movie is getting as much praise as it is.

I thought there were too many musical numbers, especially near the beginning. They practically sang the entire first act of the movie. And don't even get me started on what I think of the "Let It Go" number. That song felt too over the top Broadway and felt out of place within the rest of the movie. Many of the songs could have been cut and the movie wouldn't have suffered any lack of plot points.

That's because the movie was supposed to be a musical and not just a movie with some singing in it. It was a musical in the tradition of some of the best Disney animated films of their second golden age and like the musicals of old like Mary Poppins, and Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, the singing were an integral part of the movie and helped to tell the story and weren't just thrown in there willynilly.

That's because the movie was supposed to be a musical and not just a movie with some singing in it. It was a musical in the tradition of some of the best Disney animated films of their second golden age and like the musicals of old like Mary Poppins, and Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, the singing were an integral part of the movie and helped to tell the story and weren't just thrown in there willynilly.

To compare Frozen to true Disney classics really makes me sad...

We went to a free showing for an event that was put on by one of my Wife's clients and I was VERY surprised how good it was. The Disney Stores have been having a hard time keeping Frozen things in stock to meet the demand. It's gotta be the first film wince Lion King that had this crazy of a following.

I came out of it surprised though and thought it was going to be centered for just a girls type of audience, but it entertains both genders. I thought it was very well done personally.

Though I wish I could get "Let it Go" out of me head. It get irritating when I swear i'm not thinking of that movie and it just comes out and then is like trying to get rid on an infection.

I have let it go on loop in 4 rooms in my house because my kids demand it (3.5 and 2 years old)....Disney better do a good job with Star Wars to repay me.

I was thinking of picking this up but now that I hear it was supposed to be a musical I will certainly pass--hate musicals. Take a lesson from Toy Story, one or two songs and that's it.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back