Vader's Melted Helmet - Research and Build

Could you make a direct frontshot of the helmet like this:

30299171mh.jpg

Great idea actually, thanks!

I took apart the print again for priming and sanding, but I will make a photo or two this weekend... But for now I can do that with the actual 3d model, so you can see it in comparision!

31.jpg
32.jpg
33.jpg

...and as a goodie, with a roughly matched up light setting:
34.jpg

Let me know what you think!

Great idea actually, thanks!

I took apart the print again for priming and sanding, but I will make a photo or two this weekend... But for now I can do that with the actual 3d model, so you can see it in comparision!

View attachment 757395
View attachment 757396
View attachment 757397

...and as a goodie, with a roughly matched up light setting:
View attachment 757398

Let me know what you think!

Thanks..the overall look is very nice.But its a little bit out of shape in some areas...look at the nosearea.I marked some wrong areas on the pic..I think that is easy to correct.
It can be that the nose is from a different angle...and the big hole on the top could be also wrong on the propshop one???

30302494ct.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for your critique, unfortunately, for some of these changes it is a bit too late, since I already finished printing. I will still work in some micro detail with my dremel on the final master-pieces before mold, but some of these changes are difficult to do now.

For me most important was to get the overall proportions and "feel" right, of course to a certain extend I had to interpret some of the detail, since I didn't have perfect reference on all of the angles.
So yeah, I know it's no Propshop Helmet, but I still hope it's a fairly decent take on this sweet prop!

I hope you understand me right...I was thinking you wants to upgrade your digital files for a run not for your personal helmet.
For your helmet you can really easy make this changes with tools and some milliput at home.I also made some changes with my "Master Edi V1" before I painted it.

I hope you understand me right...I was thinking you wants to upgrade your digital files for a run not for your personal helmet.
For your helmet you can really easy make this changes with tools and some milliput at home.I also made some changes with my "Master Edi V1" before I painted it.

Interesting critique, my only 2 concerns were the nose section and the hole on top of the dome.....Kroenen77, do you have any pics/details on what you did to your Edi V1?

Rich

That's right! Yours is what's got me excited for modding mine! The work you did was truly outstanding!

If you have any other pics hints or tips, i'd be very grateful!

Rich

Thanks for this kind words.For molding the rised up areas I used milliput..and for the rocklike parts I copyed real stones and a cave for fishtanks that I bought from china(ebay).Send me a PM if you need help.;)

The Run thread is up, if anyone is looking for this. I still don't have enough people to start a run, so hit me up if you're interested!

To update this as well, here's a teaser of the WIP paintjob of the first completely assembled cast:

OZFQklCjCkX4xzDpxqiwdDHbx4pk9OYiMm5nzHiQZgo.jpgQi0zFGweSI3O-s__ARXctnIxVdZc3E4XX8UrPWyzVlk.jpgwvF-yj_UiwMx_1iZVb0qzqNswOmGWCEy_m4TzD9hT_Y.jpg

I'm very happy with how the first cast turned out - the pieces fitted together nicely and it was very easy to fill and sand down the seams. Im super stoked by how this looks even with just a bit of botchy grey slapped on! I will finish painting this tonight and will make a proper photoshoot on friday, so big update coming then!

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back