Cathartic Release: What's YOUR Star Wars Story?

Victor3

Sr Member
Rogue One, Han Solo, Probably Obi-Wan, Jabba the Hutt?

We've all got our own ideas on the slate of Official Star Wars Story films. And we've all got our own ideas on the stories that Disney/LFL SHOULD be making instead.
Occasionally, we share these ideas here on the forum, or over a pint with our friends. Really, we could use http://screamintothevoid.com, for all the likelihood of the ideas coming into fruition. However, it might be fun to have a wholly hypothetical discussion about our Star Wars Story "pitches."

Here's my loose idea:

My original thought was that the Stories would be good ways to tell different genres of stories within the GFFA. That's why I wasn't too opposed to Lord & Miller helming Han Solo. An official Star Wars comedy would be fun, just that nobody like messing with Solo.

So, what about period drama? Or, more specifically, period action/drama? And let's honor SW's cinematic roots, by making it a Kurosawa-style samurai movie; following a Jedi on a solitary quest, set a few decades before the events of the prequels.

And heck, if we MUST have a tie-in to the other films, or have it centered around a character we already know:
Use Count Dooku.
Tell a story about him trying to save someone from the criminal underworld, and resulting in him questioning his own morality. Somewhere along the line, everything goes sideways, and the Jedi need to help clean things up. Aggressively. And while we don't need to see him meeting Palpatine or leaving the Jedi Order, let's see him start to lose faith.

Obiwan movie: have cad bane end up on tatooine working for jabba and kenobi having to take him out

Boba fett movie : shadows of the empire baby!! All the way!

Han Solo movie: have his father be some big time smuggler, Han does the Kessel run.

But I would seriously love to see a shadows of the empire movie

I am desperately hoping the next animated series shows our heros in between ESB and RoTJ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I still maintain that the novel Kenobi by John Jackson Miller would be an amazing story to adapt. I've mentioned it before, describing it as a spaghetti western set in the Star Wars universe with Obi-Wan cast as the Man with No Name.

Tatooine—a harsh desert world where farmers toil in the heat of two suns while trying to protect themselves and their loved ones from the marauding Tusken Raiders. A backwater planet on the edge of civilized space. And an unlikely place to find a Jedi Master in hiding, or an orphaned infant boy on whose tiny shoulders rests the future of a galaxy.

Known to locals only as “Ben,” the bearded and robed offworlder is an enigmatic stranger who keeps to himself, shares nothing of his past, and goes to great pains to remain an outsider. But as tensions escalate between the farmers and a tribe of Sand People led by a ruthless war chief, Ben finds himself drawn into the fight, endangering the very mission that brought him to Tatooine.

Ben—Jedi Master Obi-Wan Kenobi, hero of the Clone Wars, traitor to the Empire, and protector of the galaxy’s last hope—can no more turn his back on evil than he can reject his Jedi training. And when blood is unjustly spilled, innocent lives threatened, and a ruthless opponent unmasked, Ben has no choice but to call on the wisdom of the Jedi—and the formidable power of the Force—in his never-ending fight for justice.

Last edited by a moderator:
There is nothing for me. For me, the Star Wars franchise has run its course. It is dead.
Every tale that could have been explored, has already been told - often multiple times in multiple ways.

Oh, now that you mention Count Dooku - maybe the early tale of Count Dooku and Qui-Gon hasn't really been explored. But nobody is going to want to watch that.

Here's my idea for a western tv series:

Season 1:
It starts at the end of the battle of Hoth.

The Empire has left behind a Garrison to collect intel from the rebel base. After a few days a large group of pirates show up to scavenge equipment and capturing the group. They also find a few rebels left over from the battle. They manage to get the message back to the Empire but are told that they are expendable. No one is coming. Rank and allegiance break down. Once the Imperials realize that no one is coming for them, they try to escape. The entire season is kind of like "the great escape" when they manage to get off the planet using a damaged rebel transport. The transport has had the bridge destroyed so they manage to turn a y-wing in the docking bay into a makeshift bridge. In a sense, their ship flies blind. They also manage to outfit it with some rudimentary artillery. In a sense, this becomes like a makeshift Galactica

Season 2:

They end up on a backwater planet where they turn into guns-for-hire for a small community that is having problems with gangsters. Essentially, they are soldiers without a war. At the end of the season, during the height of the conflict, A small group of Imperials show up to take the planet for it's resources. This is where their allegiance is really questioned and they turn on the Empire, defending the community.

Season 3:

They are now on the run from the Empire and become Guns for hire. The rest of the series plays out like this. Basically, they are now the A-team

From a business perspective, I think they need to tie the initial stories closely to the established material.

But after doing that a bit, I'd really like to see them branch out into unrelated characters involved in unrelated stories.

I'd love to see an underworld film or series about characters not remotely involved in the Rebellion or the civil war. I'd even skip familiar features like "Hutt crime lords" and simply use the experience as an opportunity to expand the universe and deal with regular folks. That or a series about Rebel ground troops or pilots in the midst of the war. I mean, folks who literally never interact with our big name heroes at all. Tell the stories about these smaller people, without resorting to fishbowl tactics that connect them to "name" characters.

The other film I would love to see is the one of obi wan returning to mandalore to help bo katan defeat death watch.

And of course they fall in love. And that affair leads to Rey.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

The other film I would love to see is the one of obi wan returning to mandalore to help bo katan defeat death watch.

And of course they fall in love. And that affair leads to Rey.

Is Rey old enough to be Kenobi's love child? I still think there's a connection to Han given they finished each other's sentences.

Is Rey old enough to be Kenobi's love child? I still think there's a connection to Han given they finished each other's sentences.
Ben's grandchild?

Katee sackoff could even play bo katan in the flick. That would be awesome!

Lando and Lobot
A Star Wars Story of Facility Administration.

The title I'm joking of course.
But I seriously would like to see Lando going from space pirate to taking on such a big job.

Also go waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back in time.
The first Jedi, the first light saber, the Knights of the Round Table era so to speak.

My Star Wars story ignores everything in the prequels.
The Clone Wars are about clones rebelling for equal rights -
They're not slaves - they're PEOPLE.
The Jedi fought on the side of the clones - fought for equal rights.
Clones are people, dammit!

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back