Veektohr's Half-builds & The Occasional Finished One - Zombie MGCs

Re: Veektohr's Half-builds & The Occasional Finished One

those are beautiful! wonderful work - never knew the BPs were clamped in like that..cool to see

I am incredibly jealous. I just love the grime and age of these. Maybe one day I'll be able to save up and get one.

@SethS @AnubisGuard It was so nice to talk so casually about props and lightsabers with people in real life! More hangin & group building this year (especially that exquisite-corpse style lightsaber - that was an awesome idea).

I am incredibly jealous. I just love the grime and age of these. Maybe one day I'll be able to save up and get one.

I was pretty much resigned to life without a balance pipe when I found this engine... which was back-to-back with the one Chris had found just a few weeks earlier. They're still out there!

Awesome score, had to wait a week so the jealousy wore off :)

Veektohr's Half-builds & The Occasional Finished One

Took advantage of a pretty slow weekend to chill out and finally do right by my ESB saber. I used my other Folmer bottom, and finally threw a real Kobold bracket on there (maybe I'll use the other mis-riveted one for a TFA or something. Or maybe a DV6? Who knows.) Used some second hand Gino's t-track. What's there to say, it's t-track. A little lighter and higher-pitched when you rattle them around. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I also finally took the beer tab off, and added the side screw back.

98f3161655273163d2d1fa1765e220ac.jpg

Dremel'd the slots to get the stamping aligned. My first Folmer bottom was aligned perfectly right from the factory... I'm clearly still upset about that :(

68a321e75a82568dc9e49eaa2a85aea4.jpg

I have effectively claimed the coffee-table...

48df2b57340ee352eefc7349aafdb697.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dude, I love the table sprawl! That looks like my project area. When did you get that MPP? Is it real? (I missed one recently but ripped the seller a new anus for breaking forum/site rules for stepping out of the good faith deal we had in place. It didn't leave me with the MPP, but at least that seller knows how crap he really is.)

The ESB looks awesome, man. I'm going to attempt the slide cuts here soon too. Not looking forward to it:/

That's worse than my dining room table!

Lol. It's awful I know... Cluttered desk, cluttered mind right? :wacko

Dude, I love the table sprawl! That looks like my project area. When did you get that MPP? Is it real? (I missed one recently but ripped the seller a new anus for breaking forum/site rules for stepping out of the good faith deal we had in place. It didn't leave me with the MPP, but at least that seller knows how crap he really is.)

The ESB looks awesome, man. I'm going to attempt the slide cuts here soon too. Not looking forward to it:/

The slots are actually pretty easy. I used the cutting wheel on my Dremel, and then a tiny hand file to kind of square it all off. Just a lot of "cut a little, check, repeat."

Sorry to hear about that deal going south. I've only had a handful of those experiences but man do they sting...

I got this one about a year ago. It's a small B-hole... but it's an MPP. KhalDrogo had it in the junkyard last January? I remember it was up there for like a week before I finally caved. The wires were actually super hard to jam into the ports... I'm not entirely satisfied with how they turned out : /

Last edited:

They say a cluttered desk is an earmark of genius. I guess the rationale is that a tidy desk/work area is... damn, I don't really know what the reasoning is, but it sure suited my messiness while making me sound smart because of it!

Hey Victor could you go and post a photo of the bottom straight on? I have a Folmer bottom I've been meaning to drill and rivet my Kobold to but I've been having a hard time finding correct alignment reference! If you have any clear screen grabs or anything to share also that would be fantastic! I haven't been able to find anything on the forum so I'm either garbage at looking or just overlooking the right threads.

I just used the Wampa cave shot:

6.jpg

Hey Victor could you go and post a photo of the bottom straight on? I have a Folmer bottom I've been meaning to drill and rivet my Kobold to but I've been having a hard time finding correct alignment reference! If you have any clear screen grabs or anything to share also that would be fantastic! I haven't been able to find anything on the forum so I'm either garbage at looking or just overlooking the right threads.

Check out The Graflex Bank for hi-rezzz!

They say a cluttered desk is an earmark of genius.

No idea what "they" say ...... but i know what my wife would say. :behave :lol

Already when i have the handfull parts of one project (blaster or saber, so the small stuff) - used for tinkering and dryfitting only, not really working on them - flying around on a small sidedesk next to my usual couchplace, i get one of those "you have several shops/rooms, why that stuff needs to be here?" :rolleyes

No idea what "they" say ...... but i know what my wife would say. :behave :lol

Already when i have the handfull parts of one project (blaster or saber, so the small stuff) - used for tinkering and dryfitting only, not really working on them - flying around on a small sidedesk next to my usual couchplace, i get one of those "you have several shops/rooms, why that stuff needs to be here?" :rolleyes

:lol :lol :lol

Great update Veektohr! She's a beauty. What did you use for your d-ring?
I'm almost there parts-wise. Can't wait.

Veektohr's Half-builds & The Occasional Finished One

Well instead of cleaning I decided to "finish" my Vader. It still needs an accurate shroud and d-ring... and a big B hole. It's weird what triggers my OCD. I'm totally cool with my whatever PCB in my ESB, but that B port haunts my dreams. Anyhow... pictures:

1d5a7f97d7f0535ae2a24a40dff22220.jpg

189914228c6f5f77e0160195b0fae4c9.jpg

Blue PCB with green solder-mask.

29ce8258423b57e885baf9caeea52882.jpg

So much filing and fitting x_x

3e490070297608315f30807256f65c6b.jpg

ee9207c46c1f6f2343f9771b75b46191.jpg

Sometimes it looks blue, other times green...

ad8e6efa46dd88b37582cc7d03fbf4fb.jpg

580de7fd505af48504ffc36e7173fa97.jpg

I didn't have any solid steel heavy gauge wire, so I just chucked a nail in my drill and went to town with my Dremel and sandpaper.

897d2abfc58553650ad2573a6537733b.jpg

Gangs all here!

48ecb6bcd2029be43f70f6da09fbeab9.jpg

Time for some blasters I think. Except for my V2. And my shared stunt. Ok never mind [emoji56]

Last edited:

Great update Veektohr! She's a beauty. What did you use for your d-ring?
I'm almost there parts-wise. Can't wait.

It's one of Roys! I weathered it with some files a ways back last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back