Cyclops Sunglasses - X-men Apocalypse

What type of lenses would be the correct shade of red?

If you're looking for a cheap look a like you should choose the ones from a couple pages back - there's a link. Otherwise a decent replica would be the actual ray-bans, one person here has opted to have actual ruby quartz authentic lenses

German glass supplier Rodenstock has 80% dynamic red coloured lenses that can be paired with an iq sun red mirror coating. These are quite expensive however as these are prescription made optical lenses...

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G531F met Tapatalk

I saw the glasses Nick bought. He got an accurate score. And at 6 bucks?! Luck is on his side.
For me though, none. I can't go for real Ray-Bans since I'm not rich. But off brands I can go for. Maybe even write the Ray-Bans logo on the sides xD
Maybe I can find a good pair of off brand glasses on Amazon with red lenses

I saw the glasses Nick bought. He got an accurate score. And at 6 bucks?! Luck is on his side.
For me though, none. I can't go for real Ray-Bans since I'm not rich. But off brands I can go for. Maybe even write the Ray-Bans logo on the sides xD
Maybe I can find a good pair of off brand glasses on Amazon with red lenses

No luck to it. Just pay six bucks and it comes in the mail.

They are even cheaper if you order them straight from China. Probably will take a couple weeks to get to you though.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Retro-Men-W...223d14a&pid=100005&rk=3&rkt=6&sd=151886966393

They are MUCH more red in person. The orange is very minimal unless viewed from weird angles. Totally worth 2 Dollars!

No luck to it. Just pay six bucks and it comes in the mail.

They are even cheaper if you order them straight from China. Probably will take a couple weeks to get to you though.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Retro-Men-W...223d14a&pid=100005&rk=3&rkt=6&sd=151886966393

They are MUCH more red in person. The orange is very minimal unless viewed from weird angles. Totally worth 2 Dollars!

Hmmm. Sounds like a good steal. eBay proved to be well with purchases. I purchased a Dean Winchester leather car coat from there, as well as my accurate Kyle Reese trench coat. So maybe Cyclops will be my next purchase. Does anyone have any idea on the sideblinders though? Maybe Ray-Bans custom made one for the costume department on X-Men Apocalypse

If you're looking for a cheap look a like you should choose the ones from a couple pages back - there's a link. Otherwise a decent replica would be the actual ray-bans, one person here has opted to have actual ruby quartz authentic lenses

The costume department custom made some dark red mirrored lenses. Did whoever get the actual lenses through oordeing them from Ray-Bans or another company?

The costume department custom made some dark red mirrored lenses. Did whoever get the actual lenses through oordeing them from Ray-Bans or another company?
No idea, you'd have to ask him. I'm sure there are photos of him wearing them a few pages back, maybe a good idea of what it looks like, he also said you can't see too well in them either which is a shame

Thanks for sharing. I'm still wanting to get my hands on Juliets or penny's.

I have had the Juliets for several years now, and i would definitely recommend anyone to get that particular pair (not necessarily including color scheme), i love mine especially the way they hug my face and head..i got mine custom ordered from Oakley.com at the time for 385.00 now you can find them for like 30.00, but not custom since that design is now obsolete.

Just thought I would post my budget build on these. So I got some cheap RayBan knockoffs at Wal-Mart(longer slender rivet of course) and a blue foamies sheet. Also I made sure to get the gold lenses on mine as stated earlier by a member who worked on the props, sorry dude I forget your screenname but props to you! (Haha props) started by painting the frames of the RayBans with primer, then black. Then started tracing the shapes of the top of the glasses for the top sideshield. Then just randomly cut and glued and shaped the sidepieces to resemble the film as closely as I could. I then touched up the black with a sharpie as the black was destroyed by the end of the attatchment of the sides. Then a coat of blue paint on the side shields because they were a little messed up too. Then I made the Ruby Quartz lenses in the cheapest way I know, sharpie!! I know that sounds tacky and kinda like it's gonna look a little bit streaky but I took a chance and not am I glad I did! I have to look EXTREMELY close to even see a streak and the resemblance to the movie is UNCANNILY ASTONISHING hehe... sorry bad pun. Also if anyone tries this be sure to use the darker red sharpie, the lighter one could work but the darker red looks perfect. And finally the price reveal!!!! (Drumroll) $10.33! Boom cheap apocalypse cyclops RayBans. I'll post pics later

cyclopsapocraybans.jpgcyclopsapocraybans2.jpg

I made it from some foamies foam sheets. Sorry for any name confusion I had to upload the photos from another account. :) My phone sucks. I can't upload anything on the RPF from it, had to do it on my computer.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back