My Second Scarlet Spider build

Web_Slinger

I'm back again making yet another Scarlet Spider costume, i made one over a year ago and ended up selling it because i needed the money but now im in a place financially where i can afford a do over and im going to be making this version of the scarlet spider suit.

wrMmJ5G.png

After spending countless hours in photoshop and working with a friend i managed to end up with this as a base design.

UEK0UEw.jpg

And when i was happy with how it turned out i went on to have it printed.

pXWad0T.jpg

WmrgZfg.jpg

Should have my print back by the start of next week then it'll be on to sewing and fixing the eye frames and web shooters on.

Last edited:
Finally, someone made a comic book suit and didn't slap on a brick/honeycomb pattern. I hate when people do that.

Looks like a solid print! Can't wait to see the finished product!

Finally, someone made a comic book suit and didn't slap on a brick/honeycomb pattern. I hate when people do that.

Looks like a solid print! Can't wait to see the finished product!

I will admit i do like the plain comic style print without the texture patterns on it but alot of people love the way the details look but i want to keep my build as close to comic book as possible.

Oh sweet. I love this costume style. And I don't know if I've ever seen anyone wear this style either.

It's funny that you should mention that about the honeycomb/brick pattern though, as the reference pic clearly DOES have a textured pattern on the legs. But I know, I know, that's a rendering from a game (ASM?), and it took liberties to vary from the comic style. It's just kind of a humorous coincidence.

Anyway, I'll be following this to see how it turns out!

Oh sweet. I love this costume style. And I don't know if I've ever seen anyone wear this style either.

It's funny that you should mention that about the honeycomb/brick pattern though, as the reference pic clearly DOES have a textured pattern on the legs. But I know, I know, that's a rendering from a game (ASM?), and it took liberties to vary from the comic style. It's just kind of a humorous coincidence.

Anyway, I'll be following this to see how it turns out!

Yeah i had noticed the texture on the blue sections it doesn't look too bad but i prefer the comic book look over the computer rendering.

Little update, i've sewn the arms, fingers, thumbs and back sections up, i've made a start on the mask section which i plan to finish off tomorrow along with sewing the arms to the suit.

jSk5mja.jpg

Ignore the toy dog my daughter demanded it was in the picture lol

Last edited:
Looking good!

Thanks, i spent most of today sewing the mask section together and doing it by hand was a total pain in the butt but i got it done and photoshopped some of TJacks awesome eye frames onto the mask to see what i looks like.

tW1qZE9.jpg

i'll be working on this more tomorrow.

I don't want to rain on your parade...but what your making is Ben Reilly Spider-Man, not Scarlet Spider.

Really love the look of the eyes, a quick and easy way to add unification in the seems is to go in with a watered down acrylic paint. Looking super great!

Well,let's be fair: you need a telescope to see the time and date in small print at the top-left of the post.I fell for it a couple of times myself as well.That,and people respond from sense of enthusiasm.You don't study the frame of the page before you read a post...

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back