1/2700 Star Destoyer on the kitchen table

A few more pictures:

20180310_190237Smaller.jpg 20180310_190252Smaller.jpg 20180310_190349Smaller.jpg 20180310_190316Smaller.jpg

SPECTACULAR!!! looks incredible dude! love the base too, very clean and pro looking. Also love the shot with 1701-A in the upper left. Hoping to see the video soon with all your features, very impressed my friend :thumbsup

Samsung Galaxy S4 so the low light pictures are not that great. I will try to upload a video but it may be too large. For some reason the base land engines lights show blue in some pictures but that are really white. Could be some interaction with the incandescent lights that are on in the room.

View attachment 801870 View attachment 801871 View attachment 801872 View attachment 801873

View attachment 801874 View attachment 801875 View attachment 801876 View attachment 801877

View attachment 801878 View attachment 801879 View attachment 801880 View attachment 801881

View attachment 801882 View attachment 801883 View attachment 801884 View attachment 801885[/QUOTE]

Thanks Ross!!

I will try to get some better pictures tonight

For the video it's asking for a URl.,. I have a local copy of it and it's not posted on YouTube or anything like that. Any other way to get the video loaded?

SPECTACULAR!!! looks incredible dude! love the base too, very clean and pro looking. Also love the shot with 1701-A in the upper left. Hoping to see the video soon with all your features, very impressed my friend :thumbsup

Samsung Galaxy S4 so the low light pictures are not that great. I will try to upload a video but it may be too large. For some reason the base land engines lights show blue in some pictures but that are really white. Could be some interaction with the incandescent lights that are on in the room.

View attachment 801870 View attachment 801871 View attachment 801872 View attachment 801873

View attachment 801874 View attachment 801875 View attachment 801876 View attachment 801877

View attachment 801878 View attachment 801879 View attachment 801880 View attachment 801881

View attachment 801882 View attachment 801883 View attachment 801884 View attachment 801885
[/QUOTE]

Congratulations Scott ,

Another beautifully realised and finished Star Destroyer . :p !. Nice unique display stand as well .
Thanks to Ross and yourself for sharing your builds , your many insights and tips along the way too .:thumbsup

This thread (along with some others ) is sure to be an invaluable resource when starting our own builds .

:cheersGed

you know, if it's not too long of a vid, it should post when you click on photo attach. I did it with one of my Falcons and it posted and plays. And yeah, more pics! looks killa! I know camera can be fickle with the lighting aspect, can you get any clear shots of your Tie hangars? Btw, I have you stuff in a Kay Jewelers box, crush proof, unless someone runs it over with a truck. Going by the post office on the way home :thumbsup
Thanks Ross!!

I will try to get some better pictures tonight

For the video it's asking for a URl.,. I have a local copy of it and it's not posted on YouTube or anything like that. Any other way to get the video loaded?
[/QUOTE]

I tried attaching the video like a photo....no error but after a few minutes of spinning wheel it just stops. Video is over a minute and 100mbs. I will do another tonight and make it much shorter. I will also take photos of Tie hangars. Hope they come out clear its really small for camera to focus. Appreciate you sending me that stuff.

I plan on entering my SD in NOREASTCON 47 at the end of April........Long Islands biggest hobby/model show. It's kind of a big show...2 days and IPMS sanctioned.

https://www.lisms-ipms.org/

I entered my 1/350 Enterprise Refit last year at RepLIcon 28 on Long Island and won best in Sci-Fi category and best in Sci-Fi overall.

you know, if it's not too long of a vid, it should post when you click on photo attach. I did it with one of my Falcons and it posted and plays. And yeah, more pics! looks killa! I know camera can be fickle with the lighting aspect, can you get any clear shots of your Tie hangars? Btw, I have you stuff in a Kay Jewelers box, crush proof, unless someone runs it over with a truck. Going by the post office on the way home :thumbsup
[/QUOTE]

Hi Ged, I appreciate the kind words!!

I felt the same way seeing several builds when I started mine and incorporating ideas from all of them. It's a great resource and being able to share ideas benefits all of us in the modeling community.

Best of luck with your SD and I hope to see some build pictures from start to finish on either this thread or one you may have already started.

Congratulations Scott ,

Another beautifully realised and finished Star Destroyer . :p !. Nice unique display stand as well .
Thanks to Ross and yourself for sharing your builds , your many insights and tips along the way too .:thumbsup

This thread (along with some others ) is sure to be an invaluable resource when starting our own builds .

:cheersGed

Super! I think if you're under a minute it'll attach ok. I haven't entered anything of mine in any competitions, but then I don't know the where and when's either, but I'm sure my hobby shop guy knows. As far as your SD, I can easily see another best in show in your future! :thumbsup
I tried attaching the video like a photo....no error but after a few minutes of spinning wheel it just stops. Video is over a minute and 100mbs. I will do another tonight and make it much shorter. I will also take photos of Tie hangars. Hope they come out clear its really small for camera to focus. Appreciate you sending me that stuff.

I plan on entering my SD in NOREASTCON 47 at the end of April........Long Islands biggest hobby/model show. It's kind of a big show...2 days and IPMS sanctioned.

https://www.lisms-ipms.org/

I entered my 1/350 Enterprise Refit last year at RepLIcon 28 on Long Island and won best in Sci-Fi category and best in Sci-Fi overall.
[/QUOTE]

That is tremendous and a very fine lady she is! Excellent. Top notch!

You did a great job on getting those baffles placed well.

I'm still stuck in greeblie hell on my build. But, as slow and methodic as it is - I hope to get to the finish line at some point and all these finished builds keep spurning me along.

LOL, well as much as you've given the rest of us I'm glad we're able to give at least something back! :thumbsup

I'm still stuck in greeblie hell on my build. But, as slow and methodic as it is - I hope to get to the finish line at some point and all these finished builds keep spurning me along.

I'm going to see if I can trim the video here at work. It's funny that you say where are these shows. A few years ago I bought a couple of models off eBay from a seller on Long Island. After the purchase he sent me a thank you and a link to the Long Island Scale Model Society which he is president. At the time NOREASTCON 45 was coming to Long Island so I went and I really like the show. Unfortunately the following year NOREASRTCON 46 was showing in upstate NY so I missed that. Last year he sent me a flyer for RepLIcon 28 on Long Island and I was 75% done the Enterprise so I made sure to get it finished by the show. I can't believe I won and it was a really cool day. Show day last march he told me that NOREASTON 47 was coming back to Long Island in 2018 so I made sure to have a build completed for the show in April.

Definitely ask around especially if you have local hobby stores. I thing Boyd from Trekworks (YouTube) was going to put some info together were you can find these shows around the country.

I just checked out this http://ipmsusa.org/ and they list upcoming event/shows all over the US.

Everybody on this forum /thread should look and see if their are any shows in their area to go to and support. If you haven't gone to one you should. They are a lot of fun and their are many people selling all kinds of models and supplies

E=gt350pony66;4425553]Super! I think if you're under a minute it'll attach ok. I haven't entered anything of mine in any competitions, but then I don't know the where and when's either, but I'm sure my hobby shop guy knows. As far as your SD, I can easily see another best in show in your future! :thumbsup[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

Thanks INVAR......Means a lot coming from the SD authority. Yours is going to be out of this world with all the work and how precise you are doing yours.

I encourage everyone to take a look and see if any model/hobby shows are in your area and to go to one. http://ipmsusa.org/

You will be surprised how much fun it is and your supporting a great hobby

dang! really? I'm not so techy with this sort of stuff, but mine 46 sec, it's on page 17, post number 417. I just emailed it to my work PC and loaded it to the site from here. It works though. perhaps if you look at what the attachment description is on #417, you'll know. Sorry, I'm a dumb$#!t :wacko
No go with the smaller video file. It's an mp4 size10mb. Will another video file format work?

- - - Updated - - -

I agree, Invar is a master. I can't wait to see Invar's and Omnius' completed :thumbsup
Thanks INVAR......Means a lot coming from the SD authority. Yours is going to be out of this world with all the work and how precise you are doing yours.

I encourage everyone to take a look and see if any model/hobby shows are in your area and to go to one. http://ipmsusa.org/

You will be surprised how much fun it is and your supporting a great hobby

ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC!!!! I like the longer version of the March, much better than my 20 seconds, and I LOVE the laser fire! That my friend is a show winner hands down! (y)cheers...just wait till the other fellas see that!
View attachment 802041 I think this worked....Thanks Ross

Let me know if you can open and if it plays. My company filters these links so it doesn't open for me

Thanks buddy!! I really appreciate the shout out!!

You can thank Ralph at Tenacontrols for customizing one of his old boards I had to fire the lasers in that sequence and play that sound clip. I actually made that laser clip from a single laser shot which I then sent to Ralph along with the Imperial March clip which I shortened to around 4 minutes. The board only has 5 minutes of storage so I had to make sure it fit.

I may do another video tonight and convert to a MOV file and keep under 10mbs or just do on an iPhone.

Not sure if it's the MOV extension and being under 10mbs that will work when attaching. Earlier I compressed an MP4 file to under 5mbs and trying to attach did not work.

ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC!!!! I like the longer version of the March, much better than my 20 seconds, and I LOVE the laser fire! That my friend is a show winner hands down! (y)cheers...just wait till the other fellas see that!

I really need to make an effort to learn more on that stuff, I suppose when I get to the DeAgo Falcon I'll have to. I want that one to have EVERYTHING
Thanks buddy!! I really appreciate the shout out!!

You can thank Ralph at Tenacontrols for customizing one of his old boards I had to fire the lasers in that sequence and play that sound clip. I actually made that laser clip from a single laser shot which I then sent to Ralph along with the Imperial March clip which I shortened to around 4 minutes. The board only has 5 minutes of storage so I had to make sure it fit.

I may do another video tonight and convert to a MOV file and keep under 10mbs or just do on an iPhone.

Not sure if it's the MOV extension and being under 10mbs that will work when attaching. Earlier I compressed an MP4 file to under 5mbs and trying to attach did not work.

Finishing details complete with the Tantive IV docked in the hangar bay and some tie fighters exiting both trench hangars........Shout out to Ross for supplying me with the Tie fighters!! Thanks!!

20180319_194807Smaller.jpg 20180319_215210Smaller.jpg 20180319_215219Smaller.jpg 20180319_215234Smaller.jpg 20180319_215247Smaller.jpg 20180319_215254Smaller.jpg 20180319_215332Smaller.jpg 20180319_215412Smaller.jpg 20180319_215632Smaller.jpg 20180319_215704Smaller.jpg 20180319_215730Smaller.jpg 20180319_220850Smaller.jpg

I really need to make an effort to learn more on that stuff, I suppose when I get to the DeAgo Falcon I'll have to. I want that one to have EVERYTHING

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back