Build Rey's new saber contest now closed for entries

Re: Who's up for a new saber contest? Warning, possible spoilers

Rules are simple

. No sharing on any forum pages until the contest is over.
No recycled sabers already used in other contests.
Saber should resemble Rey in some fashion. ( looks like it's made for her and not a darth maul clone)
Photos with descriptions will need to be sent to a willing member that will post on the build page.

Guide lines.
Use any materials you want
Spend as much as you want
No blades. Hilt only
Can be found parts, cast, machined or printed. Feel free to make this anyway you want to.

Once we start, you have to be finished by the date agreed on

That's it.

Who will take the lead in receiving the pictures and descriptions of the sabers from members? I would be willing to!

Sent from my Z982 using Tapatalk

Are we talking static prop or electronic install?
I was thinking no blades to keep it simple and the cost down as well. If you want to build with electronics, that's your choice. The hilt will be the main attraction for judging.

- - - Updated - - -

Who will take the lead in receiving the pictures and descriptions of the sabers from members? I would be willing to!

I was hoping for a non participating builder. Otherwise, I would just post everything. I love the enthusiasm though:thumbsup

I was thinking no blades to keep it simple and the cost down as well. If you want to build with electronics, that's your choice. The hilt will be the main attraction for judging.

- - - Updated - - -

I was hoping for a non participating builder. Otherwise, I would just post everything. I love the enthusiasm though:thumbsup
Ok no problem

Looks like a good amount of interest.

Let's start a sign up sheet. Maybe we can give it a week before we can agree on a start date.

Let's not forget, not all members have looked at this thread because of the spoiler in the title. After another week passes, we can change the title of the thread so everyone can see it.

when is the dead line, i need a few more tools for my mill.

when is the dead line, i need a few more tools for my mill.
no deadline as of now. Once we have everyone signed up, we will collectively agree on a start up date. There is no reason to rush this. The movie is still in theatres and alot still haven't seen it yet. I think once I change the title of the thead , we will get more interested parties.

I'm guessing in a couple of weeks we will have a completed sign up sheet

no deadline as of now. Once we have everyone signed up, we will collectively agree on a start up date. There is no reason to rush this. The movie is still in theatres and alot still haven't seen it yet. I think once I change the title of the thead , we will get more interested parties.

I'm guessing in a couple of weeks we will have a completed sign up sheet

great!

I don't think we should wait more than about a week or so to start. So any members don't lose interest. Where is the sign up sheet also?

I don't think we should wait more than about a week or so to start. So any members don't lose interest. Where is the sign up sheet also?

on this page. All you have to do is say, I'm in.

I will start to list everyone on the first post as they come in.

Need some advice. When is it OK to take the word "spoiler" away. Is it safe to think that everyone has seen the new release, or should we give it a little more time. Most star wars fans went the first few days, however, I understand people are busy or just can't go right away. This was actually my first time ever, where I went to a movie on opening day. I would like to change the title on this post to Rey's new saber contest. I'm just afraid I will cause an issue for those that still haven't seen it yet.

I'm in.

And I think Rey's own saber has been speculated upon sincerTFA, even before the Graflex became the first official reveal saber.

Hey kevin926 ! How about "The 'What if Rey made her own lightsaber?' Contest!"

I don't think that spoils anything with regard to the film or what happens to the GRAFLEX.

- - - Updated - - -

even before the Graflex became the first official reveal saber.

That's so awful. :cry :lol

Last edited by a moderator:

I agree with Ridire Firean. I don't think it's a secret that at some point Rey was going to create her own saber. We all knew Disney wasn't going to pass up designing new lightsabers. It was only a matter of time for Rey!

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back