Mark 46 build 3D print

It looks great. Btw I just saw the movie and it looked like the top portion of the abs is connected to the chest. Idk if you will have lot of mobility though.

So just started printing the Mark 46 using Do3D's files. Loving it so far! Here are a couple pictures of the faceplate I printed out in one piece. This was printed with the ultimaker 2+ using Simplify3d to print it on a medium quality setting.

[url]http://i1167.photobucket.com/albums/q635/aerialspringfield/IMG_8444_zpsyox4yc93.jpg[/URL]

[url]http://i1167.photobucket.com/albums/q635/aerialspringfield/IMG_8443_zpsr89qdvsw.jpg[/URL]
Now I understand why this printer cost almost 3000$

Envoyé de mon SM-G530W en utilisant Tapatalk

Did yall scale the whole suit to your actual height then adjust the individual parts or did you scale it to be a few inches larger then adjust for parts? I'm having a hard time scaling and would love to hear some advice.

Wow, your suit is beautiful. How did you get your paint to shine so much? When I did my Mark VI only some bits were shiny, leaving it with a really patchy-looking coating. Is it something I did wrong with primer, or...?

Wow, your suit is beautiful. How did you get your paint to shine so much? When I did my Mark VI only some bits were shiny, leaving it with a really patchy-looking coating. Is it something I did wrong with primer, or...?

Weather is a big factor. I have had to repaint some parts due to the same issue on occasions. Humidity can cause messy patches.

Helmet line up, ran out of PLA still have the other side of the helmet to print out and the bottom back part of it. Really like the look of the silver metallic and the way it prints. Excited for more PLA to get back on this project!

Domonator, Oh no these aren't my designs. I just finished them sanded them and laid the paint on them. Just doing a size comparison next to the Do3D Mark 46 Helmet I'm printing out! Thanks though!!! I figured it was a cool shot next to each-other lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good job mike!

Helmet line up, ran out of PLA still have the other side of the helmet to print out and the bottom back part of it. Really like the look of the silver metallic and the way it prints. Excited for more PLA to get back on this project!

JayCVenlo Thanks man!!!
tijojo98 it's actually a 3 pieces of paper stacked then trimmed that I got from the craft store "Michael's", the top piece was a decorative piece that looked like it was Pearl, it had that metallic like finish, then I soldered a row of "SMD Leds" together behind it then cut a thin piece of aluminum and put behind that so the light would bounce off that reflective surface and be directed out the front of the eyes. Then I put a thin piece of clear acrylic over the top of the eyes to protect the paper and give it a realistic look. That's what I did with both of the painted helmets, the Mark 46 had nothing in the eyes right now.

As much as I like to see everyone's progress, shouldn't we keep this thread about TKCC71's Iron Man? RiotJavelinDX I think that's hard to say at first. Maybe 6 rolls of filament isn't a bad guess. It also depends on how much you lose on supports and failed prints.

Leylander, Yes you are correct! Sorry TKCC71!!! I'm done hijacking. I will try to start my own when I get some time. Im ready to see more progress pictures of how your suit is coming!!!

No worries guys, just keeps the tread alive. :) I enjoy the conversation and seeing some of your builds as well.

Unfortunately I had some setbacks recently. My dog ate my arch reactor that I printed/molded in clear acrylic and I also got some lacquer paint on the red (Enamel) on the abs/ cod piece. Had to sand it all the way down to the bare bone and re-paint. Then the repaint job got a little humidity and left some foggy patches in areas. Going to have to re-paint again.

Good news is, I have my thighs printed and almost finished reprinting the new chest piece with the updated version of the files and it is definitely scaled much better to the cod and my body. I also did a special request and purchased a modified version of the back piece via Do3D that they are working on. I wanted to have some detail underneath the back flaps and have some hinges added. Hopefully should see the modification this week and will share some photo's soon.

BTW Mikesnead, I took your advice and I did order a gallon of the Smooth-on 65D to use on the inside and possibly make some molds when I done. :)

TKCC71, Ya man I have had good look with that stuff. It really made the prints solid and was easy to work with and no mess I did it in the living room while watching tv unlike having to be in a shop or garage with the fiberglass. I would really love to have molds of my suit when finished!

In fact smooth on 65d does require a respirator if you read it is toxic too. You should never use odor as a toxicity indicator in fact the most toxic thing are often the one that doesnt smell anything. Best exemple is the carbon monoxide the sneaky killer doesnt smell anything but knock you out in a minutes

Envoyé de mon SM-G530W en utilisant Tapatalk

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back