Space Above and Beyond 20th Reunion Event

Riceball

Master Member
I'm not the one organizing this but I am working with the organizers and I'm posting this on their behalf.

We are pleased to announce the SPACE: Above and Beyond 20th Anniversary Event on 06 AUGST, 2016 (right now it is a one-day event, but it might be expaded to two days).

We have a whole new Forum on our site (SciFiHero.net) dedicated to this event.

Location: Burbank Airport Marriott Hote and Convention Center

Address: 2500 North Hollywood Way, Burbank, CA 91505, USA

Date Confirmed: Saturday, 06 AUG. 2016

Date Tentative: Sunday, 07 AUG. 2016

Charity: The Myotonic (Muscular) Dystrophy Foundation (M.D.F.) www.Myotonic.org

Things are still in the works such as membershiop levels and prices, but we know we are planning to be limited to 100 up to 150 paid memberships. Most, if not all of these will be prepaid admissions.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not the money, I just only go to shows in driving range.

Technically speaking, all of the ConUS is in driving range, it's just a matter of how far you're willing to drive. Just take a couple weeks off from work and make a (very) long road trip out of it. :D

Unless I rented a car it would be an extremely long drive. I have an electric car with about a 70 mile range and it does not have the "DC fast charging" option that would charge it to 80% in half an hour. So every 70 miles or so I would have to stop for 3-4 hours to charge. So about 140, maybe 210 miles a day. Now it does have a range extender that helps, but it would still be a hassle and because of some stuff BMW did to make California happy it throws errors if you do that for long periods of time.

So you'd need a month off to make here it and back, no big deal. What's a month to go and see all of the US between FL and CA? :)

For those interested in attending here's the tentative guest list so far, please note that all appearances are schedule permitting so there's guarantee right now that everybody on this list will be there.

Last update: March 16, 2016

Kristen Cloke (Cast - Captain Vansen)
James Morrison (Actor - Lt Colonel McQueen)
Joel de la Fuente (Actor - Lieutenant Wang)
Tucker Smallwood (Actor - Commodore Ross)
Steve Rankin (Actor - Lt Colonel Raymond Thomas Butts)

Glen Morgan (Crew - Show Co-Creator & Executive Producer)
Tim McHugh (Crew - Producer & Visual Effects Producer)
David Duncan (Crew - Illustrator & Visual Design Consultant)

David Barerra (Toy Soldiers - 2ndLt Harrick)

Last edited:
Here's a quick update, we're expecting to go live with our website soon and tickets will be going on sale at the same time. That's all I have for now, I'll post the url to the website once it goes live.

In the meanwhile, here's a question for those of you interested but unable to attend, would be interested in a watching a live streaming feed of the con's panels along with the possibility of submitting questions to the guests? If so, how much would you be willing to pay for this?

Here's the latest news on this event:

We, the staff of SAAB-Con, are proud to announce that the official con website is now up and live. Location information, guest list, and information on ticket perks are available on the website. Early bird VIP tickets are on sale now as well for $96, so get them now because the early bird sale ends on June 1st.

www.http://saab-con.org/

Most people I know do not know about this show. Oh man, I loved watching this show when it would pop up late night on the Armed forces Network. I cannot attend, it is the busy season at work but have fun for me.

I used to run into Tucker at the flight school I worked at in the early 90's. He was friends with the owners. Super nice guy. Please send me a PM nearer to when the event takes place I might just wing by as its local.

I'm happy to announce that we now have 2 more confirmed guests coming to our little soiree, actors Morgna Weisser who played Lt. Nathan West, and Steve Rankin who played Lt. Col Raymond Butts. So get your tickets now for your chance to see and meet these fine actors together for the first time in probably years since the show ended.

Space: Above and Beyond Fans -
ONLY 2 WEEKS LEFT for Early Bird pricing! If you are hoping to attend the S:AAB 20th Anniversary Celebration on August 6th, get your tickets NOW. Prices go up after May 31st.
Get all the latest details at <www.saab-con.org>
VIP Tickets: $96
Premium Tickets: $58
General Admission: $29
(Eventbrite adds a small ticket fee to each ticket.)
Confirmed Guests include:
Glenn Morgan
James Morrison
Tucker Smallwood
Kristen Cloke
Morgan Weisser
Rodney Rowland
Joel de la Fuente
Steve Rankin
Ronald Joseph
David Barrera
David Duncan
Tim McHugh
Direct Ticket Link: <https://www.eventbrite.com/e/space-above-and-beyond-20th-an…>

LESS THAN 1 WEEK LEFT to get Early Brid pricing for tickets to attend the 20th Anniversary Celebration on August 6th in Burbank!
Prices increase June 1st. <www.saab-con.org>

Direct ticket link:

<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/space-above-and-beyond-20th-anniversary-event-tickets-24419245621#tickets>

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back