next Star Wars Celebration will take place April 16-19th, 2015 in Anaheim, CA

So we have our tickets and booked a house on VRBO for myself, my wife, our three kids (4, 2, 6 months @ time of celebration).

Will get our plane tickets and rental car later this week.

Yay! First celebration since my dad and I braved the back of a Ford Windstar for three nights in Indy!

I won't be attending but I DID submit a short to the fan film awards and the winners will be shown there. So who knows, maybe there's a chance you guys who go will get to see my movie show there!

I expect pictures. Lots and lots of pictures. :) I need to see the many awesome things I missed with awesome people.

So, Celebration is almost here! Anyone else from the RPF gonna be there? If everything goes as planned, I'll have my Hoth Trooper blaster rifle finished and in tow, with parts/assistance from Markus, Marv, and kurtyboy. I'll be trooping with the Rebel Legion, but hopefully there'll be time for an RPF get together!

I'll try to take some good shots, Misty. Good luck on your fan film, I hope they screen it for all to see.

Thanks! The voting for audience choice opened up but it's not listed there. Apparently they only chose 25 entries to put up, which is not what it said in the info. Anyway, if anyone is interested, they can see it here: http://youtu.be/PPE_l7oPyXY -- unless it wins one of the filmmaker awards, it probably won't be seen at Celebration. :(

image.jpg

Got This email earlier today. Any ideas on who the "special guests" might be? Think they'll parade out the whole cast? Wondering how many people this panel will accommodate.

I'll be there as well! 15th is my anniversary and we will be making a nice week of it! :) anyone here also annual pass holders at the parks? I plan on running over there when the convention is closed up at night if I still have energy!

First celebration for me, any advice or tips? What to expect?
Will be really cool to hopefully run into some of you there!

I have an AP, as well! Not sure if I'll make it to Disney over this weekend, though. Maybe if there's a group going a certain night or something!

I've only been to CIV, and I was 12 and went one day with my dad, haha. So I don't have too much advice! I'm looking forward to seeing some of you guys, though. :) Plus, you know, beyond pumped for the actual con...

I will also be there with other friends and one of my friends scored tickets to the 501st Bash and to Disney.
This gonna be a blast :thumbsup

​I haven't been to a Celebration since CI in Denver and I have a few logistical questions about how things work at the ReedPOP events, like Celbrations V and VI and the others they do.

1. We know the arena will be the main stage, and that the arena can hold up to like anywhere from 7,500-8,500 people depending on how it is configured-- do we know if there going to be a digital stage for overflow that doesn't fit into the main stage area?

2. Does ReedPOP use wristbands for lines, and if so, how does that work?* Say, you line up at midnight for the opening Abrams/Kennedy event, do they give you a seat number at like 3am so you can go back and sleep, or is it more likely that you wait in line all night outside, and then they give you a wristband and let you into the building and then while you are going to the bathroom everyone else that was in line behind you gets in another line inside the the building to line up for the main stage?

3. Have the CV and CVI and other ReedPOP events been "once-you-are-in, you are in" events for the venue?* In other words, I wait in line for several hours just to get into the Convention Center, then I step outside to eat in the Hilton food court, and then do I have to wait several more hours to get back inside the convention center?* ANd have the other big stage events in the past couple of Celebrations been*"once-you-are-in, you are in" halls?* In other words, I line up at Midnight for the*Abrams/Kennedy Arena event, but then I go to the bathroom right before it starts, can I get back to my seat?

4. Were there any Celebrations in the past where you could just walk right up and walk in without waiting for hours in line? *and, if so, what years were those (so I can compare the venue capacity to Anaheim's stats shown at*http://www.anaheimconventioncenter.com/Article.aspx?id=42)?

*​

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back