Blade Runner 2049, old and new blasters!

Just a heads up for anyone who ordered the assembled gun through Hollywood Collectibles Group, we sent out the first wave on Monday and we received a few calls about them this morning as they are arriving. Some people have called and stated that they didn't receive their bullets. For some reason, Tomenosuke changed packaging this time around, and they eliminated the interior foam packing material that had a space cut out for the bullets. They then put the bullets in the gun prior to shipping. Please see attached photo. You will need to open the chamber to get the bullets out, which are the exact same bullets as all other versions with one small change.... they removed the etched caliber info on the bottoms. But the bullets are fully removable. I believe we here at HCG will remove all future bullets and bubble wrap them prior to shipping, just to ensure there is no confusion about this down the road. But for those who will be receiving their blaster from our first batch of shipped ones, I wanted to point this out. We apologize for the confusion and inconvenience, however, we have no control or say in what Tomenosuke does with packaging. ;)

Thanks!

New_Blaster_2049.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks MovieFreak for the information and the pics. Yes....from the photos you posted, looks like they are reducing cost by removing the EVA foam packaging, and the bullets are now less detailed with no lettering on their back face.
Previous blaster issues had the bullets with embossed or engraved lettering saying MAG44 SPL S&W or similar...now this issue is blank, another cost saving.
I also recall that this issue will have the red LED lights with a simpler electronic circuit. Lights turn on instantly, whereas previous versions the red LEDs powered up gradually via the electronics-capacitor system.
Wonder what else they skimped on with this new '2049 Tomenosuke blaster'.

Last edited:
Damn, looks like the Tomenosuke rubber blaster gun is sold out. I thought you couldnt order it until July? Rats.
Unless I misunderstood the website?

https://tomenosuke.stores.jp/items/5309bdf13e7a4a09e5001044

Is there another retail store you can buy this at besides the Tomenosuke website?

That rubber blaster has been selling since about 3 or 4 years ago I think....Not surprising that it is sold out.....probably sold out at least a year ago. The one you are talking about is the new resin plastic blaster due for release soon.

That rubber blaster has been selling since about 3 or 4 years ago I think....Not surprising that it is sold out.....probably sold out at least a year ago. The one you are talking about is the new resin plastic blaster due for release soon.
Wow thats great to hear, if I cant get the rubber one Im fine with the resin, since the casting quality should be good and clean. At least I'd have an echo of the quality of the real one since thats all my wallet can handle.
Im totally nervous about missing the pre-order in July though, anyone know where to look for it when it goes up for sale? Any help is much appreciated.

Wow thats great to hear, if I cant get the rubber one Im fine with the resin, since the casting quality should be good and clean. At least I'd have an echo of the quality of the real one since thats all my wallet can handle.
Im totally nervous about missing the pre-order in July though, anyone know where to look for it when it goes up for sale? Any help is much appreciated.

Watch this blog for updates on the resin kit.
http://tenshu53.exblog.jp/

Me too [emoji53]... it looks really unspectacular, like a blaster from Star Wars or battlestar galactica, not like a real shooting firearm how the original PKD does !

Watch this blog for updates on the resin kit.
http://tenshu53.exblog.jp/
I just found this post on the Tomenosuke Resin gun, and it also says the pre-orders are in mid June. Say it aint so....
http://tenshu53.exblog.jp/237069666/

- - - Updated - - -

Has this been posted yet? Apparently a new shot of the new blaster.... I'm still not overwhelmingly impressed :unsure

View attachment 740242

Yeah Im not diggin it either. It ditches the elegance of the original for a blocky modern industrial look, I get why theyd think they should do that, but it just doesnt have much visual appeal. It looks like all the other video game guns out there these days.

It looks tiny in his hand.

I feel like most of the thought throughout the film went into recreating the original world feel and not the smaller props like K's blaster

So Mark was right when he said that the new weapon was nothing special...:cry yep, I agree; nothing to see here, move along.

So Mark was right when he said that the new weapon was nothing special...:cry yep, I agree; nothing to see here, move along.

I'm afraid so. I had the opportunity of holding a stunt version of Goslings new weapon a couple of months back and I thought it was horrible. Well, that's not quite true, it looks like any blaster for any ok Sci-Fi movie not something 'real-world' or unique as the original blaster is. There are a few characteristics they have tried to carry over but its very complicated by way of the shapes, angles and textures and while it sits in the hand nicely, I didn't feel that I was even remotely connected to the BR world.

I suspect that part of the issue is that it was never a working blaster in other words, its not made of real gun parts and possibly this is the charm and very necessary characteristic that its missing.

Its not a bad design in fact some folk might like it, its just not (for me) a BLADE RUNNER weapon.

MARK

It's really not a bad design, but anything compared to the PKD is gonna pale. As was said earlier, I'd be willing to get in on a run of these if they're not offered elsewhere.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back