Iron Man Age of Ultron Mk45 3D Printed Armour build

Did some doodling today. Sketching up some thoughts about strapping the upper torso armour and how the rear flap servos will work.

b6011c3c3a1a8af62a164eecf90dd29c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
So photobucket wants to charge me $400 per year for linked image hosting. Anyone else having this issue? Recommendations for alternate hosting solutions?

awesome work OP! definitely gonna be following this since I will have to do the same to print my mk45, where did u get the eyeframes? i didn't see those as part of the files. Also the you said the chest piece and ab section wouldn't work with your frame but do u think it's still doable cuz i am slimmer but i'm not sure if it's worth trying to print if it doesn't seem like it would fit.

awesome work OP! definitely gonna be following this since I will have to do the same to print my mk45, where did u get the eyeframes? i didn't see those as part of the files. Also the you said the chest piece and ab section wouldn't work with your frame but do u think it's still doable cuz i am slimmer but i'm not sure if it's worth trying to print if it doesn't seem like it would fit.

Thanks man.

The eye frames came with the files. Shoot an email to Do3d and ask them to send them through. Their after sales support kinda sucks but if you persist they do help after a while.

I believe it is possible to make the do3d mk45 suit but just not for my frame. If I were to do this all again I would definitely start the scaling and printing with the abs section. After that the chest is simply scaled to suit. You do have to be wary of how it scales across the shoulders though to make sure you have some kind of mobility in your arms.

In other news, I've been test fitting the calves and shoes with an inner lining boot and heel lifts. All together takes my overall height to around 6'1" or 185cm in new money.

2ndF1RN.jpg

I recently acquired a large format printer (50x50x50cm volume) and so will be reprinting the shoes as a single piece in PETG for strength. A tread will be added to the base for grip. Mobility is limited, however. A little like clumping around in ski boots. Might have to figure out how to add some flex to the toes sometime in the future. I was toying with the idea of printing the whole shoe in Ninjaflex Cheetah but the finish would not be good enough I think.

(Yes, I know the right toe looks a little ... backwards ... but it is the correct foot. The model came this way. I'm looking into ways of fixing this.)

With the new printer I've also decided to reprint the abdomen section in PETG. It will be in 2 sections with an elasticated join at the kidneys for a little bit of flex.

Should have some updates on the upper torso fit sometime in the next couple of weeks once I've strapped it all together. Thanks for sticking with the build folks. Looks like my new deadline is Fantasy Basel 2018 :D

Looking good and yes, that clear shiny coat hides a lot of little things that could be fixed (I'm thinking about some of the straight lines, easily fixed with a blade and patience).
Overall it's going to be a very nice suit for sure;)

Looking good and yes, that clear shiny coat hides a lot of little things that could be fixed (I'm thinking about some of the straight lines, easily fixed with a blade and patience).
Overall it's going to be a very nice suit for sure;)

Weathering and a little battle damage will hide even more :cool

On a lazy Sunday I've been experimenting with an Arduino Uno and some Neopixel rings to create my own version of an Arc Reactor.

The sequence starts with the rotating blue light power up sequence and continues with a throbbing blue/white light. I'm going to program in a Unibeam blast once I work out how :unsure

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry to hear about your drop. Thats why I started fiberglassing mine now on the inside. I learned after the Mark 46 build and a drop or two, that after so much work I didnt want to risk it anymore. Plus its nice because you can drill things into it if needed.

I did the shoe lifts myself on WM and worked like a charm. looking forward to seeing all this come together.

Sorry to hear about your drop. Thats why I started fiberglassing mine now on the inside. I learned after the Mark 46 build and a drop or two, that after so much work I didnt want to risk it anymore. Plus its nice because you can drill things into it if needed.

I did the shoe lifts myself on WM and worked like a charm. looking forward to seeing all this come together.

Thanks man. I think it's finally starting to come together. I might even be ready this year! :D At least with my shifted deadline I will have more of an opportunity to refine the suit and add electronics.

I'm still trying to figure out the boots in order to have some semblance of flexibility in the toe box to allow walking. Otherwise the whole thing feels something akin to a straightjacket or a full body cast!

I shall definitely be fibreglassing in the future. I experimented with printing PETG but I am finding it a little tricky to dial in the settings. Would probably need an upgrade to my hotend to withstand the high temps.

Thanks man. I think it's finally starting to come together. I might even be ready this year! :D At least with my shifted deadline I will have more of an opportunity to refine the suit and add electronics.

I'm still trying to figure out the boots in order to have some semblance of flexibility in the toe box to allow walking. Otherwise the whole thing feels something akin to a straightjacket or a full body cast!

I shall definitely be fibreglassing in the future. I experimented with printing PETG but I am finding it a little tricky to dial in the settings. Would probably need an upgrade to my hotend to withstand the high temps.

I am working the boots now too and ran into the same issue. I have also found the electronics to be the funnest part.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back