The Star-Lord/Peter Quill Sling Bag thread

After sitting on the fabric and hardware for almost a year I finally finished my bag! Just in time for Halloween and the Vol 2 teaser. This was the first substantial thing I've sowed so there was a huge amount of learning involved (and a lot of complaining by my Singer heavy duty). Thanks to everyone who posted on this thread before I found it and especially thanks to @Soulinertia for his detailed build posts, hardware, and fabric!

IMG_2971.jpg

IMG_2971.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yo Soulinertia,
Any way you could post pics of all of the pockets included in your bags?

The newest version of my bag. This is what it looks like new. I weathered my own that I'm keeping, but it's not very visible in the photos. A light sandpaper right on the fabric/printing did a great job though of making it more movie accurate.

2.jpg

3.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

8.jpg

Are there any schematics or tutorials around?
I'm thinking of making my own with some changes, but the inside and all those straps are tricky.

Are there any schematics or tutorials around?
I'm thinking of making my own with some changes, but the inside and all those straps are tricky.

SoulInertia has a kit he has sold at times, it might come with instructions. You could ask if he still has the kits, I'm not sure. The ones I sell are all made by professionals so I don't know exactly how they are sewn, but if there are any detail pictures you want to see how it goes together, I'll take some for you.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back