Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Pre-release)

I remember getting tickets at least a couple hours before halftime when Force Awakens came out, so just keep checking all day is the best bet...

I remember the entire internet crashing when they went on sale...

Then the next day at lunch I got a alert from my amc app saying tickets were in stock and I grabbed 2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For those of us who don't like in the US and don't care about sportball, roughly how many hours do you guys think it should be before this drops? :D

Last time around, when the internet crashed during the ticket spree, I simply drove to my theater and bought great seats. That's my plan again this time around.

"sportball" :lol :lol :lol

lol

c9d52f3b3684cf718c755372052f747e--funny-ha-ha-sports.jpg ON351.gif JWkoe06.jpg

a0173834069_10.jpg

Ugh... I can't believe this is actually the finished shot. This is without a doubt the WORST lightsaber effect in a SW movie I've ever scene. I've seen parody videos with better lightsaber effects. This is just insanely bad. Like somebody took a crappy Hasbro light up lightsaber and digitally made it look worse.

Last edited by a moderator:
Person on the phone at my local theater says tickets will go on sale around 6:30-7:00. Don't know what that nugget of information is worth, but what the heck, I'll show up early and stand in line.

Ugh... I can't believe this is actually the finished shot. This is without a doubt the WORST lightsaber effect in a SW movie I've ever scene. I've seen parody videos with better lightsaber effects. This is just insanely bad. Like somebody took a crappy Hasbro light up lightsaber and digitally made it look worse.

The updated saber blades will be an excellent selling point when they re-re-re-release to version 8 of the box sets.

I dunno, it seems like whenever they have a saber pointing toward the camera the perspective makes it look a little wonky. I suspect that's why they mostly avoid it:

Screen-Shot.jpg

Screen-Shot.jpg

I dunno, it seems like whenever they have a saber pointing toward the camera the perspective makes it look a little wonky. I suspect that's why they mostly avoid it:

View attachment 764803
But here the core is nice and clean, and the color richly defined. In the cap above, the core looks like a crappily done practical effect and the color is nearly nonexistent.

But here the core is nice and clean, and the color richly defined. In the cap above, the core looks like a crappily done practical effect and the color is nearly nonexistent.
But look at all the colors in those two caps. That's due to the color grading Rian and George used. All colors in TLJ are flatter than in tje Prequels

Even if production is completely finished, it' doesn't mean what we see in the trailers will actually appear in the movie. I'm betting they're fine tuning this until the day before it ships to theaters.

As for worse on-screen lightsaber effect, I'd have to disagree ;)

foshizzle.jpg

foshizzle.jpg

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back