Anakin Starkiller V2 lightsaber show-off thread

Although there might be a bit of debate on black vs dark grey for the ANH emitter, do you guys think it makes more sense to try and darken the aluminium chemically, or just spray some black/grey paint on there? Since it's a stunt, I would have thought that the prop makers would probably have just painted it?

I've not seen any black vs grey debate on the emitter. I think the consensus is the emitter is painted black, except for the nipple. We can see the paint remnants on the V2's emitter look the same as the black paint remnants elsewhere on the saber. You'll just have to decide how to interpret the color on the windvane section.

obiV2.jpgpic2.jpgn671305666_1269412_4380.jpg

There is a good photo (I have it at home) with Guinness holding the V2 with the clamp slide way up the hilt. This picture shows the emitter not black

You mean this one:
obi_wan_saber-vi.jpg

Could be it got painted after this photo was taken, or maybe this was a different prop. (Perhaps the Shared Stunt V3?) Most reference we have shows it dark (likely painted), and of course we can see the V2 has remnants of paint on it.

Brandon's latest photo on facebook makes me think dirty brass on the neck. Those photos are weird, since the emitter DOES look a bit gray in that first one. Black & shiny in the second.

This stunt looks like they passed over the neck completely
obi_wan_saber-vi2.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

I forgot, you can see brass through silver paint on the rim of the shared stunt windvane. \ cant seem to find those exhibit photos
sharedstuntemitter.jpgScreen Shot 2015-03-22 at 3.19.30 PM.png

You mean this one:
View attachment 755379

Could be it got painted after this photo was taken, or maybe this was a different prop. (Perhaps the Shared Stunt V3?) Most reference we have shows it dark (likely painted), and of course we can see the V2 has remnants of paint on it.

Bingo! U are right, that's the one I am confused about

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I freak'n love what you did with it!! I really wish I used aluminum black on my cubes and booster :(

Please share what color you used on the neck. I just recently added some copper to it and hate it.. it had way too much metal flake in it

ac47492ecfdc4aacf94e8e939ec8a836.jpg

Debating on stripping my entire saber and starting over

Thanks for the comments guys.
Haliwax I used Umbrol Bronze enamel modelers paint (small tin) and dry brushed on to try and match the original. It is actually looks more bronze in real life so I will try and share a better photo when I get home.
I found the aluminum black very useful in aging the saber, clamp, lever and cone etc

V2bronze.PNG

Thanks for the comments guys.
Haliwax I used Umbrol Bronze enamel modelers paint (small tin) and dry brushed on to try and match the original. It is actually looks more bronze in real life so I will try and share a better photo when I get home.
I found the aluminum black very useful in aging the saber, clamp, lever and cone etc

View attachment 756432
thanks buddy! next time I'm out I'm going to try and hunt that color down. i appreciate it! :thumbsup

Wow, I love it! Most impressive! Did you chip and scrape the paint off by hand over the whole thing then? That must have taken ages!

Had to come back and check this out again. I seriously love this weathering and paint job

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow, I love it! Most impressive! Did you chip and scrape the paint off by hand over the whole thing then? That must have taken ages!

Yes I did and yes it did haha! Although the chippings pattern are not exactly screen accurate, I think it still gives a sense of a lightsaber that has been used unlike the factory paint job on the MR V2. I may had a few more chippings on the rings later but for now I'm happy with it

Last edited:
Here is mine I just finished up using Halliwax's excellent tutorial. I used Aluminum black to age it after tossing it around in a bucket with some old tools to ding it up. Thanks to NickCline for selling me this as a package, he included all the goodies including the Slothfurnace card, Wannawanga lever and d-ring, Roman's clamp, gaffers tape, mystery chunk, and TrooperTrent stencils.

24569402947_057d470934_c.jpg

39405159012_6c30d553f3_c.jpg

27658475159_cbdaa5515c_c.jpg

24569415127_3749d8086b_c.jpg

24569413097_60af20a6b7_c.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back