Boba Fett metal costume

Re: Boba Fett costume

Stunning paint work! In the first base coat photos you posted I thought the green looked to bright, but now that its been weathered it looks awesome.

I had the same problem too when I painted the helmet first. of course its absolutely not the same color as the movie accurate boba would have. Its an incorrect color at all though, but it works for me. the pre production boba fett, wich my costume is influenced by most, seems to be much brighter than the film used to me, so I wanted to go in this direction. I like the contrast with the dark gray of the suit.

just a little update here... I still have to make the gaunlets out of aluminum, but need to find a place for welding the material first. but I bought me one of these cheap rubies blaster. not 100% perfect, but for 20€ (and especially for rubies) its really not bad. maybe a little too short, but not much. so I have to modify the blaster a little bit in the next time. just had some fun to play around a little bit...

IMG_2204%20Kopie_zpsyjpaoabq.jpg

IMG_2206%20Kopie_zpsejygka9f.jpg

IMG_2207%20Kopie_zps1d1yolxl.jpg

IMG_2208%20Kopie_zps8vdsn4id.jpg

IMG_2209%20Kopie_zpsggrttkoj.jpg

IMG_2210%20Kopie_zpskjyhwafj.jpg

IMG_2212%20Kopie_zps7kwu5qjp.jpg

pew pew pew

IMG_2213%20Kopie_zpsxh2qotsc.jpg

IMG_2214%20Kopie_zpsrqbaafdq.jpg

after this whileI also noticed I will have to make these nipples on the shoulders one day too. I hope this will be finished for the rogue one movie. well, without a jetpack I guess...

If there is one word in this thread to sum up your costume, it would definitely be robust. I absolutely love how just through the photos you've taken, I can feel the weight and heft of the metal. Also, the more earth-y, somber tones of the colors for the flak vest and flight suit really make it seem...I dunno...manlier? If there is one thing that I would've done is give the armor a light pass of some blue or charcoal washes, just to bring the brightness of the green down and fit the cold look of the rest of the costume. Same for the yellow parts, I think they're just a bit too bright. Hit it with some deep orange and some dark washes and it'd look killer.

Still, absolutely loving the look of your Boba.

thanks a lot. yes, I also really like the feeling of the whole armor. really feels practical. you might be right with the color. I think I ll change that someday. same for the soft parts, they need a weathering too.

started the work on the blaster today. ordered 1 liter of polyurethane resin and a tube with 2cm diameter. than I drilled a hole in the front and the back piece and filled all up with resin and put in the tube as the barrel. now the whole thing weights around 2 kg and something. with the barrel it looks much better now and with the weight it also feels pretty well in the hands. so for now I m pretty satisfied. next thing will be a little filling and sanding and than I can start painting.

Foto-0123_zpsg1bhbwt6.jpg

Foto-0124_zpsvhhfakya.jpg

Foto-0126_zpsmkxtckv2.jpg

finished the paintjob on the rubies EE3 Blaster. have to say it again: for the price I am pretty satisfied with this one. it took me around 5 hours for all the modifications and the painting, so it really don t need much time to get some, I think fine results. I just have to add some lenses to the scope.

IMG_2225%20Kopie_zpsrpc8mnsr.jpg

IMG_2226%20Kopie_zps6jh6pcja.jpg

IMG_2228%20Kopie_zpsoyosjxw4.jpg

IMG_2230%20Kopie_zpscot42nmv.jpg

IMG_2231%20Kopie_zps6qs6e26a.jpg

I cant see the pictures im at work but I assume it looks beautiful from peoples reaction. Welcome to the Aluminum Boba club I have made mine out of thicker aluminum 3/16

here are some pictures

IMG_1657.JPGIMG_1647.JPGIMG_1634.JPGIMG_1610.JPGIMG_1591.JPGIMG_1544.JPGIMG_1535.JPGIMG_1658.JPG

I know, I already had a post in your first thread;) still following your work, really nice build! the gaunlets making me still some headache. Yours are looking really good.

You know, looking at it now, there's a lot of modding potential in this Rubies blaster. Extend the stock, scope, and the front barrel and this thing would look fairly legit, especially with the level of painting yours has.

You know, looking at it now, there's a lot of modding potential in this Rubies blaster. Extend the stock, scope, and the front barrel and this thing would look fairly legit, especially with the level of painting yours has.

yes, absolutely! well, I don t know if I ll ever make some other modifications on this one because its just my costume accessory and I m not really into these blaster things. but maybe I ll cast an EE3 in aluminum one day. adding real scratches on it would be fun:cool

in between: nice new avatar... happy happy joy joy!

I'd be all over that if I had the skills and equipment to do it. Right now, I'm still fiddling around with pewter (I want to try casing my own PKD pretty soon) but I'm looking on the horizon towards the day when I can smelt brass and alu. The feel of metal is inimitable and I think I've been bitten with a bug for it.

Also, thanks! My avatar currently represents my mood and general appearance.

finally made the collar studs today. just drilled an 8 mm hole into aluminum cubes and hammered some steel nuts into it. the nuts were a little bit bigger than the hole. for safe I ?floated?...dont know the english word for it... the aluminum around the nut a little bit to fix it. but I think the nuts would sit pretty tight in it without that too. maybe I will have a chance to start the gaunlets this week.

IMG_2442%20Kopie_zpsu9vugqrj.jpg

IMG_2444%20Kopie_zpschn36jty.jpg

This is awesome!! I'm finishing my ROTJ build right now. I'll post pics later this month. The gun is the only part bothering me though lol. Havnt found time to order new parts for it yet.
Good luck,
Alex

thanks a lot. looking forward to see your armor.

here are some bad photos of the left gauntlet I almost finished today. just a little cleaning here. the locking mechanism is the only thing I ll have to think about a little more. bought some clip locks, but now I think they are a little bit too obvious. maybe I can find some smaller ones. anyway the aluminum work is done. next will be the right gauntlet than.

Foto-0110_zpswq9laegm.jpg

Foto-0111%20Kopie_zpsfq73eczc.jpg

Foto-0112%20Kopie_zpsdzbd5fnc.jpg

Foto-0113%20Kopie_zps7cgx2zuc.jpg

Foto-0114%20Kopie_zpssrvmfpvh.jpg

left gauntlet is finished, at least the metalwork. added some new cliplocks witch I really like. make the whole thing more functional to me. of course its also not screenaccurat but goes along with my imagination of an idealized armor. will have to do some filling here and there especially the slits at the top of the gauntlet. and than adding the keypad and some other details. but for now I am really happy with the result because the gauntlets are one of the most complicated parts to weld I think.

IMG_2445%20Kopie_zpshwygnfbl.jpg

IMG_2447%20Kopie_zpsu8w01m7z.jpg

IMG_2450%20Kopie_zpsntbogm3c.jpg

IMG_2453%20Kopie_zpsyb9pzukz.jpg

IMG_2454%20Kopie_zpslc9m5och.jpg

IMG_2456%20Kopie_zps3zba0sxa.jpg

IMG_2457%20Kopie_zpss11vze0s.jpg

IMG_2461%20Kopie_zps1ygliirh.jpg

IMG_2462%20Kopie_zps714jpvf2.jpg

IMG_2463%20Kopie_zpspzdiyxlj.jpg

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back