Solo's Hold V2 Build: Complete

That chassis is gorgeous!! You mix and match MB classic parts with goths?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you!

To answer your question: Nope. There isn't a single MB or GOTH part in this build. I designed and fabricated everything myself. Everything you can see is real brass or aluminum and all the 3D printed chassis components that you can't see were original designs for this specific build.

Thank you!

To answer your question: Nope. There isn't a single MB or GOTH part in this build. I designed and fabricated everything myself. Everything you can see is real brass or aluminum and all the 3D printed chassis components that you can't see were original designs for this specific build.

Freak’n beautiful!! Are u the owner of darklyte customs? The saber stand company?

Can you say something on how you build the base part?
Is it 3D printed or etched?
It does look too "good" for being printed in steel... :)

I am building a Graflex chassis fully loaded with electronics myself. So any insight would be appreciated. :)

Can you say something on how you build the base part?
Is it 3D printed or etched?
It does look too "good" for being printed in steel... :)

I am building a Graflex chassis fully loaded with electronics myself. So any insight would be appreciated. :)

It’s actually acid etched aluminum. I designed the pattern in Adobe Illustrator and printed it on a Press N Peel Blue transfer sheet to create the resist. Then it was acid etched, cut, and weathered.

Thanks for sharing! This might be something to look into for my second build. ;)
The result looks stunning!

Thanks! It’s a fairly easy process but the most important part is prepping the surface to be perfectly smooth and clean. I sanded the aluminum to 2000 grit for the best adhesion of the PnP transfer. Then I cleaned it thoroughly with acetone and only handled the metal with nitrile gloves to avoid any finger oils from getting on the metal.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back