Bandai release schedule

dont tell me you guys are serious !

Everyone, me included, were sreaming for a set of DS-tiles and now everywhere ( on other building boards I visit too ) the builders start complaining about "... but the exhaust port is not in scale to the .144 fighter"

Real Scooby , don’t worry my friend - it’s just light hearted banter :lol!

This ‘ Tiles Diorama ‘ release announcement , would be even better if Bandai also confirmed the eminent release of their 1/72 B - wing !;)

:cheersGed

Last edited by a moderator:

Everyone, me included, were sreaming for a set of DS-tiles and now everywhere ( on other building boards I visit too ) the builders start complaining about "... but the exhaust port is not in scale to the .144 fighter"

Nobody will stop anybody to put the 1/72-Scale-X-wing into this diorama... oh wait, now everybody is whining again about "the turret is to small for 1/72".... hehe...

Aren't these the 1:72 DS tiles from the other kits, bundled? :confused If so, I don't know why they'd include a 1:144 fighter. That exhaust port is pretty much exactly twice the size it should be for that fighter... Which, obviously, is just right for including a 1:72 fighter. I'd suggest maybe putting a Red 5 in 1:72 in the trench, and pose the 1:144 one decoed as Red 2 up and away from the trench to represent distance as Wedge leaves.

--Jonah

Of course not!

Although, it'd be awesome to use this for a forced-perspective (hey , a pun!) diorama!
Put the exhaust port up front, with a 1/72 Red5 bearing down on it, then the 1/144 Vehicle collection Vader & Regular TIE's bouncing off of each other a bit further back, and the 1/350 Falcon zooming in overhead!
Might look weird on the shelf, but it would photograph really well.

I love this release! My only issue is having the sides of the trench just rearranged surface pieces- if these units really represent functioning hardware it does not make sense to have repeated hardware at 90 degrees like that. IIRC the filmed trench sides had ledges and different greebly.
I think I will build mine horizontal and use the gun tower from my A-Wing kit to give a pair for the ships to fly between...

I love this release! My only issue is having the sides of the trench just rearranged surface pieces- if these units really represent functioning hardware it does not make sense to have repeated hardware at 90 degrees like that. IIRC the filmed trench sides had ledges and different greebly.
I think I will build mine horizontal and use the gun tower from my A-Wing kit to give a pair for the ships to fly between...

Thats not right. At least the tile with the big box and the tile with the four logs are actualy wall pieces ( the ones that came with the .72 versions of the x-wing and y-wing )

Aren't these the 1:72 DS tiles from the other kits, bundled? :confused If so, I don't know why they'd include a 1:144 fighter. That exhaust port is pretty much exactly twice the size it should be for that fighter... Which, obviously, is just right for including a 1:72 fighter. I'd suggest maybe putting a Red 5 in 1:72 in the trench, and pose the 1:144 one decoed as Red 2 up and away from the trench to represent distance as Wedge leaves.

--Jonah

Yeah they are.
Basically 8 tiles from the existing kits and the tower from the A-Wing kit.

Still, very much in demand from collectors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are the tiles for the 1/72 kits actually 1/72 scale?

I always thought they were a kind of "non-scale" representation of the "low altitude" tiles

here is a decent pic of the Y-wing tile base in use with a gun turret

15252726700_96dffa5b2d_o.gif

And here it looks like setting up that shot. That trench looks to small to have fighters in it if it is only one tile high

starwars_epi4_09-540e652d86ba.jpg

STAR_WARS_BONUS_DISC-7.jpg

Last edited:
No PE parts, no lightning/electronics, no waterslide decals, no clear engine part.

I hope the prices will drop, considering that you can get the original PG Falcon for the same price.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back