1:1 Millennium Falcon Cockpit Replica - Group Build

Hi Gang,

Can you believe it!? It's been exactly 2 years when this build officially began! Pretty cool! :D

May 4th was "Star Wars Day" at the Nashville Science Center. They were kind enough to ask us back and the event was a HUGE success. I didn't get as many pics I would have liked. It was a mad house - in the most positive way! Our new Han Solo "Height Requirement" sign was not only a success but many folks wanted to get a pic with Han - that was AWESOME! Enjoy!

Right before the quad photo shoot (previous post) I had added a bit more weathering to the quad but I forgot to weather the crossbeam cover. So Scott and I quickly aged the cover... By the way... Scott and I have been chatting about a side project (stand by for more details)
20140504_150648_zpsf38071ac.jpg

This was JUST as the doors opened...
20140504_101620_zps3f6b1000.jpg

20140504_101629_zps9e53463e.jpg

Leah dressed us as... well... Leia standing with our own Han Solo
20140504_101638_zps82e015c2.jpg

20140504_141516_zpseb0e4d72.jpg

Father and Son enjoying some MF time :)
20140504_135712_zps199ec1d1.jpg

Mom and Dads were specifically asked to keep little hands in check or Chewbacca would get VERY angry (this worked really well)
20140504_121840_zps26ca1545.jpg

20140504_121002_zps9caad9f0.jpg

You can't see it but the line goes out the door
20140504_105024_zps56087ad4.jpg

Aside from meeting and greeting some wonderful folks the day concluded on a even higher note. Just as we were breaking everything down Robert Downey Jr and his family walked through the Science Center. It was pretty cool. We didn't dream of bothering the man - especially with his family there. But it was a pretty cool way to end the day!

As always... More to Follow

Last edited:
So much good stuff in the last few days! Those beauty shots of the quad look like they belong in a hardcover Lucas Archives sort of coffee table book. It's amazing to see this stuff. Oh, and that cardboard Han is top notch. It really sets the tone right as it is friendly, yet pretty damned clear. You're pouring your hearts into this faithful recreation and it hurts to see it damaged.

Hi Gang,

I apologize for the lack of responses... I was down and out with the flu for the past days. I felt it coming on during Sunday's "May the 4th Be With You". By the time I got home... ugh...

Anywho, lot's of things going on behind the scenes. I wish I could tell you more. :)

- - - Updated - - -

Looks like an ice scraper.

I found it in a pile of PC parts so I wasn't sure if it was some kind of scraper or PC related tool

- - - Updated - - -

yeah looks like an ice scraper to me as well. nice work as always sofa, professional as hell

Thanks for the kind words! Stay tuned for some GOOD stuff!

- - - Updated - - -

This thread gets better and better with every post!

Thanks, Vader!

- - - Updated - - -

Looks like a paint or floor scraper with a removable metal blade. Where does that go?

Hey P,

There was a bizarre greeblie in the ANH cockpit that was located in the exact position where I placed the scraper. I'll dig up a pic for a comparo

- - - Updated - - -

It's a paint scraper...
Window Paint Scraper

I knew you guys would come through for me! :)

- - - Updated - - -

Holy. :eek. Absolutely mind-blowing!
Great work.

Hey C,

Philip works wonders with the camera! The guy is a genius! We're planning a more detailed shoot of the cockpit very soon. I can only imagine how those will turn out. :)

I found Daniel's video by chance on Youtube a couple of months ago! Very interesting!!:thumbsup

I totally love the Han Cardboard!! So nice!! You'll be safe from the small ones, but still very dagerous ones will be around the cockpit:D The Kiddy adults :rolleyes:lol

I'm trying to remember where the ice scraper could go on Your model....:wacko:unsure:confused

Regards,

Alberto

Hey A,

Daniel is a mutli-talented guy! If I can I'm going to put a ball and chain around his ankle! The Han Solo sign Jessie created did exactly what it was supposed to do. She did an amazing job - especially since she finished it 4am the day before the show. Most of the parents, who were also SW fans, were VERY understanding about the sign. There was ZERO battle damage

- - - Updated - - -

Those quad pics are wicked! :cool:thumbsup
May the 4th be with you.

Hey BG,

It's funny... I have the quad sitting in my garage and I would rather look at the pics Philip took than walk to the garage...

- - - Updated - - -

Good to see that things are going well with the team and that that cockpit is always cool to see.:)

Hey J,

I'm very lucky to be surrounded by such talent. I'm hoping for some positive things for all of us in the very near future :)

- - - Updated - - -

Looks like a great show! Glad to hear the "preventative measures" worked out well.

Hey Hey,

No battle damage at all. And there were more kids at this show that at Steamfest. Everything worked out perfectly.

Oh man, so we got THIS CLOSE to seeing Tony Stark pilot the Falcon!

Hey M,

I have to admit it was pretty cool... It would have been interesting to see what would have happened if the console had still been on display...

- - - Updated - - -

So much good stuff in the last few days! Those beauty shots of the quad look like they belong in a hardcover Lucas Archives sort of coffee table book. It's amazing to see this stuff. Oh, and that cardboard Han is top notch. It really sets the tone right as it is friendly, yet pretty damned clear. You're pouring your hearts into this faithful recreation and it hurts to see it damaged.

Hey R,

I couldn't have said it better myself... Kudo's to the entire team! :)

Hi Gang,

Decided to work from the house today. Got an early start this morning...

Nav chairs still require LOTS of attention
20140510_123518_zps6767e430.jpg

Primer filler
20140510_124400_zps5c4e7175.jpg

20140510_124411_zpsb29242bb.jpg

Filler added
20140510_131542_zps870124fb.jpg

20140510_131552_zpscf7b483a.jpg

20140510_150659_zpse3343058.jpg

Will this madness never end?
20140510_150703_zps71f1d919.jpg

20140510_150711_zpsd4490cd8.jpg

20140510_150719_zps3ea1108e.jpg

And now... Greeblies.

I painted this greeblie flat black. I'm going to weather it. I'm considering cutting a hole in the quad base and added some goodies
20140510_150855_zps72e946fe.jpg

Finally got this lever put together
20140510_124637_zpsc4c62aa1.jpg

Added primer to the Tupperware Nav Chair greeblie
20140510_124648_zps36f254c4.jpg

20140510_124654_zps621d5755.jpg

I then replaced some broken greeblies on the quad and added some more details
20140510_124725_zps4a29c9ee.jpg

20140510_124750_zpsa84ed23a.jpg

20140510_131600_zps55d42e3a.jpg

20140510_131605_zps652bfa6c.jpg

More to Follow!

Man king, those professional photos are unreal! You should be damn proud of what you have accomplished.

Hey F,

Philip did an outstanding job! I'm hoping we'll get more pics of the cockpit very soon. Thanks for the kind words. Can you believe it's been 2 years? Things are really beginning to pick up! :)

Hi Gang,

More on that Great news... Everybody is clearing their schedule for a 3 week push toward our next show: The Alabama Phoenix Festival. It's a 3 day event in Birmingham, AL so we're planning on displaying the entire cockpit, the quad and a few other goodies. We plan on doing MANY things in prep for this show. Here is only partial list:

Outer Skin (nothing fancy - yet) ;)
Front Window - FINALLY
Swivel Mounts for Seats - Daniel and I will be doing some welding
Nav Chairs - LET'S HOPE
Lighting Quad Barrels - We really need to bring life to the quad

Again, this is only a partial list. I know the gang is up to the task. Even better, the Phoenix show in B'Ham is prepping us for this years DragonCon. Daniel, Jake and I have been chatting and we're going to add the LEDs to the existing cockpit - unfortunately... no blue and white tiles like we did to the console.

Also, I've just finished working on the files needed for the CNC to cut ALL NEW cockpit panels to include the new center console. Not only will the CNC cut the panel shapes but ALL the holes necessary for the LEDs and the switches. Better yet, to accompany the new panels will be an exterior grade vinyl wrap that we're looking into that will take place of the paint and pinstriping. The next cockpit will be a superior product all the way around! I'm really excited! It's kinda scary to think about... Could we actually knock out an intire cockpit in a weekend? lol

Stay Tuned for Lots of Good Stuff! I apologize for my laziness... I've been kinda burnt out these last few months. :)

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back