SLICE OF LIFE - a Blade Runner inspired fan film!

LukaFilm

Sr Member
AAA1_zpsdrrht6zp.png

Hi everyone!
My name is Luka, and I've been a member here for the past 3-4 years..

Me and a couple of friends are in the process of making a short film called "Slice of Life". I have been posting about it in a thread in the 'modeling' section here on the RPF.
The film is HUGELY inspired by Blade Runner and it takes place in the same universe as the iconic 1982. film. Although it’s the same setting, Slice of Life does not follow the legendary Rick Deckard and replicants’ storyline but instead dwells into lives of other characters that are trying to make a living in the dangerous streets of futuristic Los Angeles.

After a couple long years of production we finally released the trailer and you can watch it here:

So far we also made nine PRODUCTION DIARIES that follow our progress. You can watch them here:

And if you're reeeeeealy into it, here's the link to the RPF thread where you can see the whole extensive process of putting this film together! :lol

http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=206196

I hope you will like our work, and thanks for your comments! :cheers:cheers:cheers

slice%20kadar_zpsd7bbegdq.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow! This looks great! I was thinking those were some top notch CG cityscapes.... MODELS???

I can't wait to see the full thing! Do you have an approximate runtime?

That looks absolutely fantastic ! And I just went through the whole build thread, the work is simply mind blowing... Out of curiosity, may I ask what were the production costs so far ? Because it really looks like you guys have worked magic with a budget that I can only assume wasn't very high from reading your thread, and that just put the Art back into filmmaking, when most commercial movies tend to forgot that sometimes...

Hey! Thanks for your comments!! Really glad you like our work!

The Verge just posted an article about our film, and we're superhappy about that! If you'd like some more info about the film here's the article:

http://www.theverge.com/2017/1/29/14430964/blade-runner-croatian-filmmakers-fanfilm

Do you have an approximate runtime?

The film is going to be around 20-25 minutes long!

Out of curiosity, may I ask what were the production costs so far ?

Well, that's a though one... We do have to rent some equipment from time to time, buy the materials for the models, sets.. Provide food and gas during filming... It adds up. Honestly I don't even know how much we spent so far.. It would be a hefty amount to pay at once I guess, but as we are working on this for almost three years, so far we've managed.. :) We still have all miniature SFX shots to film, and do the whole post production, and that's going to require even more resources - financially, and time-wise.

Haha, thanks guys!! Fan film of the year! :lol
Yeah, we're still getting some more love around the web.
Thanks for adding the link JediMichael!

Haha, thanks guys!! Fan film of the year! :lol
Yeah, we're still getting some more love around the web.
Thanks for adding the link JediMichael!
Yeah, no problem. I hope more people see this and you really get some recognition. I sometimes wonder if watching the making stuff will be better than the movie...haha

This is looking fantastic Luka.

I am a huge BR fan and you guys are making magic here. Thanks for sharing...

Highest regards
MARK

This is looking fantastic Luka.

I am a huge BR fan and you guys are making magic here. Thanks for sharing...

Highest regards
MARK

Oh, thanks Mark! :)
I know you're also a huge BR fan. I've seen your Worldcon Blaster box a loooong time ago, and still it's THE MOST beautiful box out there.. Completely believable and wonderful work..
Thanks a lot man! :D

Luka, very nicely done!! Great job of capturing the look and feel of Blade Runner!

I gotta know, though...what's name of the leggy model in the bikini?! Is there more of her in any of the production diaries?

The Wook

Luka, very nicely done!! Great job of capturing the look and feel of Blade Runner!

I gotta know, though...what's name of the leggy model in the bikini?! Is there more of her in any of the production diaries?

The Wook

Wait. Are you looking at selling stuff on Ebay or in the JY with the help of scantily clad ladies? Now that is a move I haven´t seen done around here in a long time...

Wait. Are you looking at selling stuff on Ebay or in the JY with the help of scantily clad ladies? Now that is a move I haven´t seen done around here in a long time...

Hahahah.. good one! Good idea actually... :lol

Her name is Ema. She's a friend here from Croatia. Well, she appears only in that one production diary, but she'll be on most of the billboards in the film! ;)
Thanks for liking our work guys!

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back