Hasbro Black Series Rogue One Stormtrooper Helmet

Accurate compared to a replica movie prop???.....not even close....but for the price and with a coat of black and some weathering it's the best off the shelf cheap replica available.

For some reason I've seen lots of folks paint them to get them more accurate and they look quiet good, but they don't cut the ridiculous curved fins down and that's the one thing that makes them stand out as not replica.

The blaster is styled from Rebels TV show and the curved fins are on the show. Most of the people I see who do a paint job on these are mostly trying to add an animated style blaster variation to their collection. Therefore they do not try to change the fins.

The blaster is styled from Rebels TV show and the curved fins are on the show. Most of the people I see who do a paint job on these are mostly trying to add an animated style blaster variation to their collection. Therefore they do not try to change the fins.

ok did not know that...still looks silly IMHO.......:lol

Just got a text from Argos (UK):

Hey, thanks for your recent Star Wars pre order. We are sorry to advise but your order has been delayed by our supplier and as soon as we have further information we will be in touch to confirm a delivery date. We are sorry for any inconvenience caused. Thank you.

Damn it!

Saw that someone found one at a Walmart and couldn't purchase it, so it looks like they should have them as well.

Yeah I've seen a couple of those Walmart stories. "Hey I found some Black Series helmets!" "You can't buy that, sorry." That whole thing just kinda blows my mind. If people aren't allowed to purchase it yet, then why bother sticking it on your shelves? That just seems like it would cause way more heartache than necessary.

I wonder if the self-checkout lane would work?

A.J.

At my local Mart, they have "checkers" posted there...So I can pretty much guarantee they were told to watch for folks trying to walk out with any of the new Black Series merch. Not a bad idea though. Just gotta scan it quick and throw it in a basket covered with other miscellaneous stuff like................cheese and beer.

Found a local mom and pop toy store in my city that has 6 of them in stock right now. They had one out as a display model, so I was able to check it out. It's a pretty dang good bucket for a toy. Three pieces, solidly built, looks very good. Has the Rogue One eyes and indented cheek tubes. It fit on my head snugly, and I have a huge head. You'll be pleased with the quality of this little thing. I preordered on Amazon.

IMG_3950.JPGIMG_3954.JPG

Last edited:
Damn that's glossy! It's amazing that they made this without the horrendous mold lines that are present on the twice-as-expensive EFX helmet.

Well, it DOES have some obvious gaps between the pieces instead. Probably easier to fix those though than mold lines.

Are you looking at the gap in the top portion of the mouth? I love the look of that part. It gives it s much more of a real-world feel when you get seams and gaps that look like an assembly of parts rather than a single mold. Like the seams you get between car body panels. It's really working for me, but obviously a departure from the structure of the classic buckets.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back