Bob the Alien (Giger inspired Alien)

Re: Bob the Alien (Giger inspired Alien) Its back on!

Ive been in love with this for several years now...and stockpiling money for when you release pulls for sale.
...begs the question tho...what am I going to do when its finally done?

Its really become a part of my weekly routine to check in on it.

Fantastic work man, just Top Notch.

Many Thanks :)

I haven't moulded & cast the base yet, I'm using it though
866.jpg

I cast a new jaw & teeth & I've started on the fin
868.jpg

:)

Last edited:

I've been watching this amazing sculpt and build from the very beginning and I'm continually amazed by your talents! I don't know if I'll be able to afford it, but I'll try to find a way when you're ready to make this available.

I've been watching this amazing sculpt and build from the very beginning and I'm continually amazed by your talents! I don't know if I'll be able to afford it, but I'll try to find a way when you're ready to make this available.

I'm in the same boat. This is an unbelievably amazing project and I'd love own one as well, but with all the effort Leigh has put into it, I'm afraid that it may be beyond my price range. I guess we'll see.

I've just spent hours reading this thread at work. Amazing, unbelievable, incredible, they've all been said and many more, and rightly so. Great, great job, Leigh. Just outstanding. Good work, mate.

Hello Leigh,at the end of this artwork, it would be nice a video that summarizes all of your Alien steps.

Nice and clean!
getting closer and closer.
ideas of how and when you will be able to make the dome?

Looking brilliant.

Just visited RS props yesterday, based near Manchester.

They have a vac former that is big enough for your dome.
Speak to Rob or simon, and tell em I sent you and I'm sure they will be able to help.
http://www.rspropmasters.com

Hope that is some help.

Cheers

Looking brilliant.

Just visited RS props yesterday, based near Manchester.

They have a vac former that is big enough for your dome.
Speak to Rob or simon, and tell em I sent you and I'm sure they will be able to help.
http://www.rspropmasters.com

Hope that is some help.

Cheers

Thanks for that :) I would like to visit the chaps at RS but Manchester's quite a drive especially if I need to make a few trips :unsure ATM I'm seriously thinking about making my own.

I have a friend in the industrial oven fabricating business, I'm going to ask him for his opinion on heating elements.
I can make the vac box easily enough out of wood & I can fab a frame out of steel to clamp the plastic sheet easily enough but I'm going to need a compact heat box with an even heat distribution & a timer.

If it all works out too expensive then I'll have either a long drive to NW London or Manchester :)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back