Back to the Future 1985 Denim Jacket 2018 Update

Oh, okay. In this photo, their 2015 jacket's dark blue looks more oily or leathery than the close up photo above. Also the pins are different. Of course the pins can be removed and rearranged, but I didn't expect that they'd post a photo of their 2015 jacket with the correct pins and then replace them with a bunch of incorrect pins for their trade shows.

31780019_2041279276132318_46038226892226560_n.jpg

Oh, okay. In this photo, their 2015 jacket's dark blue looks more oily or leathery than the close up photo above. Also the pins are different. Of course the pins can be removed and rearranged, but I didn't expect that they'd post a photo of their 2015 jacket with the correct pins and then replace them with a bunch of incorrect pins for their trade shows.

View attachment 825180

The left jacket is the prototype they made a few months ago. They used the wrong fading agent i presume so it turned it brown. The one on the right is a jacket that came out in like 2011 I think.

The thing to remember is that when these jackets sell out they're gone for good. I think this current jacket run will be their last.

It’s on their store now with sizing and pricing. The XL is a little too small for me and they’ve already confirmed via email tonight that they will not make a 2XL.

It’s on their store now with sizing and pricing. The XL is a little too small for me and they’ve already confirmed via email tonight that they will not make a 2XL.

You can always have it for a display piece but it would be expensive just for that purpose.

Just placed an order from their website. I only got it to work on my phone because my laptop wouldn't translate the website for some reason.

This is their finished jacket. They have said that they will fix the shape of the blue chest pieces. I sent them pictures about a week ago comparing their prototype to the real jacket picture posted by Lyon Estates.
35850769_10212586994577877_4996078118176292864_n.jpg

35682204_10212586995257894_2819411417235456000_n.jpg

Last edited:
They could not have picked a WORSE time to create this. I just dropped a bunch of money on a Captain America costume, so I'm not sure if I can (Well, really, if I should) go for this.

I know I'll hate that I missed out, but that just means I'll probably end up waiting to see what Indy Magnoli produces.

Why can't I just have infinite money for props and costumes?!

They could not have picked a WORSE time to create this. I just dropped a bunch of money on a Captain America costume, so I'm not sure if I can (Well, really, if I should) go for this.

I know I'll hate that I missed out, but that just means I'll probably end up waiting to see what Indy Magnoli produces.

Why can't I just have infinite money for props and costumes?!

I feel for you. Ive had to miss out on a few awesome props over the years.

Side note. It looks like they even managed to replicate the bunched look in the waist on the back.

Where did they get the side pocket idea from? Someone I know with a right jacket in the wrong color has never mentioned that to me.

Similar styles had side pockets, but if this style did, it would be news to me.

Where did they get the side pocket idea from? Someone I know with a right jacket in the wrong color has never mentioned that to me.

Similar styles had side pockets, but if this style did, it would be news to me.

I believe he is putting his hands in the side pockets in this picture. The pocket flap is visible so he isnt putting his hands in those pockets.
48862269-352-k270483.jpg

Last edited:
I believe he is putting his hands in the side pockets in this picture. The pocket flap is visible so he isnt putting his hands in those pockets.
https://a.wattpad.com/cover/48862269-352-k270483.jpg
I’ll pull up a high res version of that picture when I get home to have a look. That would be an interesting addition to my mental image of this jacket if true. I love how there’s still new information to learn about this costume.

I am sure about the side pockets were on the originals (at least on the smiler pattern) I have posted this before, but this is what I bought on eBay in 2013. Unfortunately this was way too big for me and gave up though. As you can see there are reinforcing stitches on the bottom of the pockets, this one had those.

IMG_0012.jpg

@Mitas
I’m glad to see that they did it perfectly! Pretty excited. I am hoping that they fix the curve of the front panels nicely as they mentioned. (that is the only down side for this updated version)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back