My 89 BatMobile

I found the other kits don't offer the canopy with recessed canopy molding lips to properly set the window in recessed as per original, I thought that was lame so as a result I now offer these canopys. THE_89_SEPT_2016_002.jpg

Built a Bat Signal based on the.60's tv show full scale ..will attempt a newer style later on, early style is classic based on this concept -
Bat_Sig_Tv.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

View attachment 720668

Last edited:
Solid steel base 1st-BAT_SIG.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

BAT_SIG_2.jpgmore steel

- - - Updated - - -

Attachments

• BAT_SIG_003.jpg
    BAT_SIG_003.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 256
I hear ya there. For a lady of small stature she had quite the presence with her Imperial assets!
This 89 is now in LA somewhere. Bought by a member here who requested I stop my auction so he could buy it.

You have posted some fascinating pics over the years of really impressive work-in-progress on this car. Other than the one pic above from the auto show, can you post more pics of the finished car? I'd love to see more after following this thread for so many years.

I hear ya there. For a lady of small stature she had quite the presence with her Imperial assets!
This 89 is now in LA somewhere. Bought by a member here who requested I stop my auction so he could buy it.

Oh man I hope that member makes his presence known! I'd love to see it here in LA.

There she is!
Most times the crowds were ten deep. A TON of work went into it. A few things learned from the previous build and that is these 89's dont fit on standard car trailers so this 89's lower scoops came off to facilitate easy loading. Not everyone has a flat deck tow truck at there beck and call. Some other neat features such as seperate hood and removable front clip..steel inner frames, fenderwells, full steel firewall...new front clip repaint for the new owner + new canopy glass etc etc. A Massive project overall Not something I will ever build again. Good luck to other builders of this particular model.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back