The Video Game Thread - anything and everything...

3 hours now, and it's 75% done. That means I have another HOUR to go - to install a game that took less than 30 minutes to install on my 360.
This is bull****.

edit: This POS just turned itself off for no reason mid-install. WTF, Microsoft?????

Last edited:
I do miss those days where you popped the game in, turned in on and ready to play. But I read that they just can't read a disc very fast.

no logos playing either. just instant start screen.

i do find 2d games much more fun.

Check out the Angry Video Game Nerd video game if you get the chance. GREAT throw back.

So I bought myself an Xbox One for Christmas, brought it in to work so I could hook it up to the internet to install my backwards-compatible 360 games.
It's been over 2 hours now, and it's not even halfway done installing the first game.
Am I really going to be here all night installing these games? Does it always take this long to install games on an Xbox One?
So far I'm less than impressed with this console. I'm pretty PO'd, actually. I figured the One was a fast machine, I'd be done within a couple of hours.
It's taking TEN TIMES as long as a 360 to install a single game.
This better be worth it when all this is over...
Wow. Do you have a bad or choked internet connection? All my 360 downloads have been MINUTES, not hours.

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

Anymore with so many companies working for the big publishers, who apparently don't want to do stuff in house anymore, it's like waiting for a movie to start with 5 minutes of company names who either worked on it or whose software was used.

Wow. Do you have a bad or choked internet connection? All my 360 downloads have been MINUTES, not hours.

I'm averaging 5mb/s.
I have a great connection - I stream netflix and youtube all day without a hiccup.
But this Xbox One... this is ridiculous.
I've been here 12 hours now and managed to install 3 games.

Edit: 2 and a half games. I'm going home to bed. Maybe by this time tomorrow I can install 2 and a half more. ****ing Microsoft piece of ****....

My folks surprised me with the Battlefield Xbox one s for Christmas. It's going downstairs in the home theater that we're currently building. Can't wait to fire it up.

I can say fer sure, Doom 2016 is one of my favorite games. Lots of things to find, little secrets and retro hidden rooms. Plus you get to keep your rewards to go back and slaughter demons. Im gong to pick up Titanfall for PS4 to take on my upcoming trip.

I can say fer sure, Doom 2016 is one of my favorite games. Lots of things to find, little secrets and retro hidden rooms. Plus you get to keep your rewards to go back and slaughter demons. Im gong to pick up Titanfall for PS4 to take on my upcoming trip.

I loved DOOM. The special kills never got old for me, just tearing those things apart with hands, feet and chainsaws. Titanfall 2 is really good as well. When I got my PS4 Pro I filled it to the brim with games. I'm actually going to buy an external HD just to back the system up to save me from weeks of downloading. My connection is very 'rural' so highspeed for me is 180 kilobytes a second. The worst part is we have a fiber optic cable going right through our community but the phone company refuses to tap into it to let our area actually have modern day internet.
Thanks to the PS4's new UI and folder set up I have Fighting Games, FPS Games, PSN Games and PS4 Game folders almost filling the entire 1tb HD.

Just ordered Mafia III on Amazon.ca. On sale from $79 to $29. Now if Attack on Titan would just go on sale.

Yea...my HD is almost full so I gotta kill some not used games. I also got the new Deus Ex. No sitting in a hotel room bored for me.

I never heard about the wiiu being recalled, it's a little late in it's life to be doing that. I wish i'd bought a virtual boy when my mom worked at kmart, coulda got 10 percent off back then. Actually now that I think about it nintendo recalling it makes sense: nobody will have any choice but to buy the new nitnendo system as there'll be no new wiius on shelves. Microsoft had this issue where the xbox 360 was still selling better than the xbox one and Nintendo doesn't want to give anyone that choice.

I'm averaging 5mb/s.
I have a great connection - I stream netflix and youtube all day without a hiccup.

Edit: 2 and a half games. I'm going home to bed. Maybe by this time tomorrow I can install 2 and a half more. ****ing Microsoft piece of ****....

My one is usually pretty fast but a few weeks ago it had to do an 446mb update which took 3,5 hours. By the time it was done i had to go to sleep.

Xbox One ownership day 3: Still installing games...
Maybe today I can take this POS home and start enjoying it.
This is my vacation. I should be at home playing video games, not at work babysitting the machine I bought to play video games.
Me and this $300 investment are off to a very rocky start.

I'm averaging 5mb/s.

That's...a little odd. I downloaded Arkham Knight the other day while watching Netflix with my wife. Took maybe an hour? Hour and a half? It shouldn't take you four hours to download a game unless your connection speed is regularly dropping to, like, zero for extended periods. Bad hard drive, maybe?

I'm installing my 360 games. Apparently it's downloading backward-compatable files so I can run them on this machine.
If this thing has a bad hard drive I'm going to be FURIOUS.
Also - why the heck is Skyrim not backwards compatible???

I'm installing my 360 games. Apparently it's downloading backward-compatable files so I can run them on this machine.
It's so that you have to buy skyrim SE.

The speeds you're getting aren't right. 360 games shouldn't take more than 20mins or so at the longest.

No idea what's causing that but maybe call tech support on it. Gotta be something wrong.

It's entirely possible that your work chokes traffic from gaming servers. I know mine does.

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back