X-Men Apocalypse - Quicksilver Research & Build Thread [SPOILERS]

Happy Halloween!

You can definitely both thin them out and bulk them up by adding and removing wefts; I bought two of the same (cheap) "anime" wigs for this reason - gonna add some "mullet" to the back and sides. This Arda tutorial is helpful:

Last edited by a moderator:
Re-dyed and sprayed my AF1s today, they came up a treat - it looks mighty silver in this photo because it was in full sun, but it's more of a gunmetal; I stripped and dyed the (cream) leather to black, then sprayed with Minit Sprayon Colour Change (leather paint/dye in aerosol form). Stoked! And I have the black glitter/silver glitter shoelaces in the mail :)

14915682_1772508886323755_9159610963822984686_n.jpg

Re: X-Men Apocalypse - Quicksilver Research & Build Thread [SPOILERS]

Well, that photo that I shared of the two Walkmans is one that I took in the garage. I have those two, but only one belt clip attachment unfortunately.

- - - Updated - - -

Re-dyed and sprayed my AF1s today, they came up a treat - it looks mighty silver in this photo because it was in full sun, but it's more of a gunmetal; I stripped and dyed the (cream) leather to black, then sprayed with Minit Sprayon Colour Change (leather paint/dye in aerosol form). Stoked! And I have the black glitter/silver glitter shoelaces in the mail :)

View attachment 679127

Those look quite awesome! Nice work!! Be sure to remove the ankle wrap/straps from them though, for accuracy. :D

Re: X-Men Apocalypse - Quicksilver Research & Build Thread [SPOILERS]

Those look quite awesome! Nice work!! Be sure to remove the ankle wrap/straps from them though, for accuracy. :D
Ahh, yes - thanks for the reminder! :lol

Here they (or at least one of them) are finished, with the screen-used shoe at top to compare; gave them two dry brushes/buffs with some gunmetal/black iridescent acrylic (same stuff I used for the pants) to knock the shine back a few levels, and they came up a treat.
14925803_1773485482892762_1037065181410549388_n.jpg

Been away for a bit, obviously...

D0ct0r, that commercial was filmed following Days of Future Past. Different costume.

So, I wore what I had ready to go of my costume for Halloween, and had a few people go nuts over it, so that was promising to me. LoL. The pants weren't painted yet, and I didn't have the glasses or the watch done yet.

My friend got the glasses printed, but didn't have the scale,right, and they were like giant clown glasses so he is going back to the print phase again with them.

Anyway, I have done some more work on the watch cuff so I figured I would share a picture with you here - even if it loaded upside down. LoL

Attachments

• IMG_0641.JPG
    IMG_0641.JPG
    154.8 KB · Views: 143
If anyone was wondering, The closest match i found to the goggles quicksilver wears in Dofp are Humvee folding biker goggles, you can find them on amazon and Ebay. The frames would just need to be painted silver. humvee-hmv-db-ggl-folding-biker-goggles-display-box_1904952.jpeg

I went ahead and got the pants painted this week as well. Here's an "in-progress" picture, and 2 of what they look like at the moment:

IMG_0730.JPGIMG_0735.JPGIMG_0736.JPG

Also made a comfortable and welcomed find tonight, and that is a pair of glasses that seem like they'll do for the time being. $25 at Walgreens, and a bit of silver model paint later, and I've got something that will pass as decent at a glance and a distance. I truly suck at painting. LoL.

Ill be debuting my Quicksilver costume in its current state tomorrow at the MARVELous Nerd Year's Eve Party here in Dallas. I need to let the paint dry before replacing the lenses, but here's what they look like for the time being:

IMG_0738.JPGIMG_0739.JPGIMG_0740.JPGIMG_0741.JPG

The wig is definitely something that I'll still be keeping any eye opened for. This one is a bit bulky and difficult to keep in the right place/shape. I'll also look for a more vibrant finish on the shoes - may look to follow Clembot's lead on them. But... the debut was a really great success. Had a lot of people get really excited over it, took a lot of pictures with people, and photobombed every Scarlett Witch photo that I saw being taken. Just because. :)

IMG_0745.JPG

Haha I had some people make some great comments when i used it, I need a much better wig too! the glasses are definitely passable from a distance and the best you can do at this point...

Great work dude!

I totally forgot to take lots of pictures with my costume completely on...

Those are pretty awesome Pilliwickle! Thanks for sharing them. :) Off to search I go!

EDIT: wow, they're only like $13 on Amazon!

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back