X-Men Apocalypse - Quicksilver Research & Build Thread [SPOILERS]

Okay, so here are some pictures of my shoes. The first one, is the shoes with the silver spray paint. All others are taken after I re-sprayed them with the pewter.

i do think that if you find a pair that has all of the leather surfaces made of the smooth side, you'll get better results than I did, because mine had some slightly rougher leather (not suede though) in a lot of the upper portion of the shoe, and you can see that the lower sections have a better shine than the upper sections on my shoes.

View attachment 668264View attachment 668265View attachment 668266

For the Pewter spray paint, did you just get a normal spray can?

I figured the pants were skinny jeans, and thought about ordering a pair that had a bit of shine to them with the coating. I guess coating them is still an option from a normal pair of pants.

Here are two of the options I was looking at if they sell my size (34")

https://www.aliexpress.com/item-img/Punk-Gothic-Black-Skinny-Coated-Jeans-Men-Brand-New-2016-Rock-Designer-Slim-Fit-Mens-Stretch/32603963269.html?spm=2114.10010108.1000017.2.ysQtpU

I'm hoping we can figure out the belts at least. I'll be content having those since I won't have the walkman, or stereo belt...

I'm still salty I can't find those Versace glasses. I'll have to settle with Goggles closer to the DoFP get up.

Yep, just a can of Rustoleum Hammered Finish, Antique Pewter.
image.jpeg

For the pants, I would choose the ones on eBay, between the two that you shared. Look at a lot of the behind the scenes pictures and even the very first shot we get of his shoes/pants. Skinny jeans, in my opinion, are too tight. There is a decent amount of bunching/gathering/stacking on the shins of his pants. That's why I chose a pair of slim fit over the skinny jeans. When I was wearing those ones, they just didn't look quite right, compared to screen used comparisons.

I snagged some Urban Pipeline black slim jeans at Kohl's on sale for $19.99, and picked up two containers of Tulip Black Slick Finish fabric paint at Hobby Lobby for $3.99 each to do the coating myself.

The watch is the big thing for me to figure out. We never see a belt, but assume that he is wearing one, because of the Walkman. It could just be on the waistband of the pants, but that seems truly unlikely. LoL. We clearly see that he is wearing a watch. I have a muted black/steel/gray belt with a lot of silver drybrushing effect in a design on it. That's what I'm planning on wearing for the time being, but I hope that there are a few glimpses of his belt that I can isolate in 4K next week.

Last edited:
I was just going to check earlier today again, and just checked now.... it sold already.

About the pants, I think you're right, they're definitely more a skinny straight cut (the pants I normally wear are like this) I don't know why I kept insisting they were like try skinny jeans lol

I really appreciate you hooking me up with all this info of the items you're using, I'm excited to get that setup with the shoes and pants.

In DoFP, he's definitely wearing 2 belts (1 is the stereo belt) and there's another (you can see 2 belt buckles and the ends of the belts sticking out)

I can't really tell if he's wearing two belts in this movie though..

Re: the bunching over the ankles, might be an idea to go for a longer leg length (i.e. a "tall" sizing)? I'm 178cm and I find that taking the longer length still gives me a decent amount of bunching.

Definitely a great idea, yeah!

During the next week, I will be freeze framing any good looks at the watch or belt that I can find on the 4K BluRay.

We already know the glasses are destroying our will to live, has anyone looked at any good wigs or know of a good source for them already?

Definitely a great idea, yeah!

During the next week, I will be freeze framing any good looks at the watch or belt that I can find on the 4K BluRay.

We already know the glasses are destroying our will to live, has anyone looked at any good wigs or know of a good source for them already?

The wig is tough too. There's plenty of wigs out there that are kind of close to it, but to get it down exact, you'd probably have to cut that one up a bit, or get a bigger wig in the first place and chop it up yourself... The standard one you see most of the time on ebay is passable I think...

I think the first two are better than the 3rd. If you wanted the least ammount of work to put into the wig, the 1st is definitely the best. The second, if you're a seasoned cosplayer who has experience with fixing up wigs, the 2nd would be the best.

Good work on those wigs! Thank you!!

so the 4K BR arrived yesterday, and I can tell,you with certainty that he's wearing a black belt with an open-faced silver buckle. No perfect pictures because even when you're taking pictures from a 4K source, using the iPad to snap photos of the screen isn't ideal, but here are a few showing the belt:
image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

The watch, even though I thought it was a two piece deal, is definitely not two pieces. It is either one piece, or a custom job. Still no idea as to the brand.

image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

I saw this one, thought it fit that Age of Ultron Quicksilver better, but this is a much better hair color too. All other wigs are too bright silver/gray
We are clearly on the same wavelength because I was thinking that, too - fortunate, then, that I remembered you can use Copic or Sharpie markers (or any alcohol-based markers) to dye synthetic wigs! This tutorial is great:

Last edited by a moderator:
We are clearly on the same wavelength because I was thinking that, too - fortunate, then, that I remembered you can use Copic or Sharpie markers (or any alcohol-based markers) to dye synthetic wigs! This tutorial is great:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkwOZzSdGCw

Oh this is extremely useful and not too difficult! this would make possibly getting the first wig you posted on the last page, work best! I really should have picked up that Blu - Ray yesterday (and today) any suggestions for the belts? I'm trying to see what I can find as filler belts for now. I might end up holding off on the stereo belt for now..

I've noticed from the pictures that were posted before, these look more like twill pants (the diagonal lines you see on the jeans). As far as I can tell, they may be waxed slim pants. Searching for a bit, these are probably about as close as I can get without breaking the bank. Any thoughts on these and which one you think might be a better choice?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01DYSHOGW/ref=twister_B01DYSHMD2

https://www.amazon.com/Lip-Service-...e=UTF8&refRID=EX9ZNRFXARXQG4GTR0NQ&th=1&psc=1

Definitely looking like it's slim fit twill pants though. So if you find anything better, let me know!

I'm still searching for better wigs. Most of them are closer to DoFP where his hair is longer. Most wings can cover this and hide any flaws by having the goggles around your head. I happened to stumble across this wig just now that's closer to his shorter style in this movie. Apparently it's Han Solo's hairstyle from the recent movie. I think this is such a closer fit and more natural gray looking hairstyle too.

I still can't find a pair of those old Versace glasses, so I'm going to have to cheap out and get DoFP goggles. I think these are closest to it. But I guess they make you purchase the wig too.

Any feedback is much appreciated!

Good work on those wigs! Thank you!!

so the 4K BR arrived yesterday, and I can tell,you with certainty that he's wearing a black belt with an open-faced silver buckle. No perfect pictures because even when you're taking pictures from a 4K source, using the iPad to snap photos of the screen isn't ideal, but here are a few showing the belt:
View attachment 669778View attachment 669779View attachment 669780

The watch, even though I thought it was a two piece deal, is definitely not two pieces. It is either one piece, or a custom job. Still no idea as to the brand.

View attachment 669786View attachment 669787View attachment 669788View attachment 669789

I can partially answer this as a it's a leather cuff watch. as for the the type of cuff design and watch, that's probably custom made... You can try finding something close to it though!

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back