Post your batman suits

Surprise party appearance for a special needs kid. image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

So it's not a suit, but I have to share my latest: the sonar batarangs from Batman Forever. Made by Henry Wayne, functional, with a locking mechanism that makes the perfect 'clang!' when you swing it open.

And it comes in black too :)

bf-1.jpg

bf-2.jpg

bf-3.jpg

bf-4.jpg

Got my new cowl from ReevzFX. Eye sockets are small and crush my eye lids, so some trimming will need to be done. Over all great cowl and love the texture

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 297
HAPPY NEW YEAR!! My UD Replicas Dark Knight suit came in yesterday and it is BAT-*****!!! You actually do feel like a beast when you wear this thing, haha. I'm 5'5" and 145 lbs. and went with XS small jacket and pants with size 9 boots and small gloves.

Photo #1 shows my previous 'Basic' homemade suit compared to the UD suit. Same belt and Cowl though.

I do plan to have the leather neck part on the UD jacket unstitched by a local leather company and use my urethane neckpiece, for the more slim lined look. Working on modifying my new cape and will get updated pics when it's complete.

IMG_1031.JPG12401751_10208487730341021_8626545970824983758_o.jpg10636613_10208488253074089_5559720857110458065_o.jpg10275432_10208487876344671_6766970140074572270_o.jpg

How long did it take before you received it? Looks great by the way!

Roughly three months to the day, I placed my order on September 30th 2015, catching them just before their Q4 block ended and received it December 31st. I'm loving the suit! I've taken it out a couple times and it's like everyone who owns one of these suits says, it turns heads and people stop me and ask for photos, haha.

as stated in my first post, I did end up having the neck piece removed a couple days ago and now use my urethane neck piece, which I like much, much better!!

Jubilee and Carmi.jpg

I only just realised I never ended up posting my finished suit here, whoops!

These are the first photos I took of the fully completed suit at home:

02 Pose 02.JPG01 Pose 01.JPG

These are from Supanova 2015:

16 Batmobile 06.jpeg12 Batmobile 02.jpeg11 Batmobile 01.jpeg09 Capturing Harley and Ivy.JPG

And then I also got this photo with Nathan Fillion:

18 Batman vs Nathan Fillion.JPG

The jacket and pants were made by Sean at SMP designs; the cape, belt and gauntlets were made by Coofunkcurly; and the cowl is The Rocketeer's build of the Frank Miller Dark Knight Returns cowl.

I'm gonna be wearing the suit again for the BvS IMAX midnight screening (if I get tickets) with some upgrades, so I'll post here again with the upgraded suit at the end of March!

Still progressing on my Batman Begins armoire, version 2. Really need to get an undersuit attached and finish building the suit mount so it's not sitting up on a doofy utility cart.

All the suit pieces are from coofunkcurly.

rhsLL0J.jpg

Dude! You need a cape now

Update on that actually! I now have a cape! My very talented sister took the hooded velvet cloak I got off Ebay, seam ripped the hood off, hemmed the edge, added heavy duty Velcro tabs to the straps and it looks and works incredibly well! and perfect length when I'm in the suit.
CAPE Shot.jpg

I attended Washi Con last Saturday in Ypsilanti, MI and had a few new shots taken of me in my suit, this time by a professional photographer who was on hand doing free photos. Pretty geeked at how these turned out!!

Batman 002.jpgBatman 006.jpgBatman 001.jpgBatman 004.jpg

Batman 002.jpg

Batman 006.jpg

Batman 001.jpg

Batman 004.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back