ELEMENTARY: Sherlock Holmes costume discussion

There are actually variants, which might just be dye lots. I've seen the red look more brick orange and I've seen the green look more dark blue.

Indeed, but the scarf seen on screen is green and not grey and a pinky/orange not a true red :)

I'm actually rewatching the show right now, I'd say it's the solid red and a slightly bluer green than the most common scarves/the one I got. The picture in your avatar is the red variant, the brick colored ones look more like the Jack Sparrow bandanas from the later movies. Really washed out. It is a range, but the red is definitely a red.

I'm actually rewatching the show right now, I'd say it's the solid red and a slightly bluer green than the most common scarves/the one I got. The picture in your avatar is the red variant, the brick colored ones look more like the Jack Sparrow bandanas from the later movies. Really washed out. It is a range, but the red is definitely a red.

The red in the actual prop scarf is more washed out, here's the original on display, of course its almost certain that they used more than one and they probably varied.

Sherlock-elementary-props1.jpg

Where did they display that?

Anyway, the lighting there, much like every other costume display I've seen, is very yellow. It looks a bit faded, but I'd still say the color is red. It's not the faded brick color that used to pop up on ebay from time to time. And they definitely had extras, or that one on display would have the grey scarf stitched onto it.

I suppose it depends on your monitor but it is washed out, I saw it :) And I think you can see it's actually a pale green in this shot.

elementary-s3-lb-1.jpg

Ok, here's an original production used scarf taken in near daylight ...
It's actually a slightly faded red and greenish/grey. Later runs of this product seemed to be in a mint green and dustypink/orange colour.

20160729_171216.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
For the record, I'm skeptical of the lapel pin being a 'vintage Royal Marines' anything. In the best screencaps / promo photos I can find, it looks like a decorative button with a Greco-Roman bust on it.

I have just watched Elementary S2E10. That pin is Royal Marines. There are pictures on the web of the coin you are describing. I recognise the badge as I wore it for 10 years.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back