Large scale Millennium Falcon Kit ID's**New Maps at start of thread**

image.jpegLooking for the parts pointed to by the red arrows now, found a couple of parts from the Stug and Handley page which also provides the part that sits between the Rodney part and the Stug part inside the Sat V ring, left arrow points to what look likes the joystick from the Hurricane or Mustang maybe? Any hints as to where these parts come from would be great:thumbsup

- - - Updated - - -

View attachment 707931

Last edited:
Hello everyone!
After a long asbscence (birth of my daughter) I am here among you :)
The red and yellow arrows correspond to the Bandai Kit 1/15 STUG

RADARDISHSTUG.jpg

what7849.jpg
Hello again,
Can not I find this part of Kit?
Hurricane Mk 1 (airfix 1/24), P-51 Mustang (Airfix 1/24), other Kit?
Thank you friends :)

- - - Updated - - -

I have not found a match in the box of Handley Page 0/400 1/72 Airfix, Hurricane (Airfix 1/24), P-51 Mustang (Airfix 1/24).
Do you have a party number or other to help me?
Thanks see you soon !
:)

- - - Updated - - -

View attachment 708297Looking for the parts pointed to by the red arrows now, found a couple of parts from the Stug and Handley page which also provides the part that sits between the Rodney part and the Stug part inside the Sat V ring, left arrow points to what look likes the joystick from the Hurricane or Mustang maybe? Any hints as to where these parts come from would be great:thumbsup

- - - Updated - - -

View attachment 707931

I have not found a match in the box of Handley Page 0/400 1/72 Airfix, Hurricane (Airfix 1/24), P-51 Mustang (Airfix 1/24).
Thanks see you soon !

View attachment 721082
Hello again,
Can not I find this part of Kit?
Hurricane Mk 1 (airfix 1/24), P-51 Mustang (Airfix 1/24), other Kit?
Thank you friends :)

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks see you soon !

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks see you soon !
1/24 Harrier.

Sent from my SM-N915W8 using Tapatalk

Hi, guys.
Apologies if i'm posting this in the wrong area, but I think you guys would be the best to ask..
I'm converting my Deago Falcon to a halfish scale ANH 5 footer which means a few mods, in particular those forward ventral maintenance pits once i remove the ESB landing gear.
I have plenty of references to do a fair replication of the pits but just wondering if it's been possible to ID any of the original greeblies that were used.
It would be great to be able to do a bit of kitbashing with the equivalent parts, scaled to suit.
Appreciate any tips in this regard.
David.

Hi, guys.
Apologies if i'm posting this in the wrong area, but I think you guys would be the best to ask..
I'm converting my Deago Falcon to a halfish scale ANH 5 footer which means a few mods, in particular those forward ventral maintenance pits once i remove the ESB landing gear.
I have plenty of references to do a fair replication of the pits but just wondering if it's been possible to ID any of the original greeblies that were used.
It would be great to be able to do a bit of kitbashing with the equivalent parts, scaled to suit.
Appreciate any tips in this regard.
David.

I'm not a studio scale expert...but theres some nice images here: #9

attachment.php

attachment.php

J

Thanks, Jaitea. Awesome!
Great reference from t2sides there.
I could probably ID those tank parts and maybe find one in a smaller scale.
Don't think i'll be able to find a LM small enough though. Might have to fudge that one.

Last edited:
Just seeing this now. :) Jay modeled ILMs digital MF for TFA and the ISD for R1.

Wow, didn't know that. He's a very talented guy. And to work for ILM that says it all ! Wish I had followed that route and become a professional model maker. What a dream job.

Hello, I am new to this thread.
I am not sure if this is already covered, or if it is appropriate to raise in this thread, but I came across certain details that I noted while studying reference photos to reflect on my Bandai PG Falcon build.

They are to do with parts A & B in the pic below:

portside_2.jpg

Having seen this photo with Richard Edlund,

Our-Story_07-548b78734c8a.jpg

.. which was taken presumably when these were shot (he is in the same shirt, and the antenna dish looks as though they are facing the same angle),

d3571099eccb30a140d2e64fd71345bf.jpg1975-StarWars.MotionControl.png

.. I wondered if it is safe to assume that part A was broken and part B did not exist there during the shoot of ANH.

Taking a closer look, there seems to be a smear which suggests that part A was in its original "V" shape when it was first attached, but are there any info or views, as to whether part A was broken by accident or with intention ?

Looking at part B, I had the impression that it looks as though it was misplaced when it fell off from a different part of the engine deck (there are two or three of these parts which seems to have fallen off). Comparing the area on the opposite side it seems that the part was not there when the model was being weathered.

Portside:
portside_.jpg

Starboard:
starboard_.jpg

I thought there could be several interpretations as to whether part B was initially left out by intention, or simply forgotten, or it was originally there but fell off before the filming.
Are there any info or views on this part as well ?

Last edited:
image.jpegWould anyone happen to know where this part or parts can be found?, just need this last piece to complete the tunnel,
Thanks, Rich

Lab, Welcome!! Good sleuthing there.
So yes, it does appear B was indeed there around the time of filming. SW Chronicles shows these two B&W pics that seem to be taken during ANH filming, and B is indeed there, in some other same time/era pics, it is definitely gone. So, as it goes with us builders, you have to make concessions and decisions of what you want to put down. If you want to be ACCURATE, you would be correct having it in place, and not having it in place :). As for A, all the known evidence shows it was always broken.

For my build, because I agree the little shadow is evidence the whole part was there and got broken right around filming time, I chose to put the entire part on mine, as I like the 'balance' to both sides. Hope this helps a bit.
(EDIT - Lab, you've caused me to think this through a bit more, and after re-watching the TIEs attacking the Falcon after they leave the Death Star, and consistent with the Edlund Blue Screen photo - I've now decided I will remove the B part on that side, and chop up the strut!! I love this kind of feedback to get you re-thinking things, thanks!!)

b1a.jpg

b2.jpg

My build with Part A and B on
Deck23.jpg

Sparky - that ring part on the walkway is the Bandai 1/24 M60.

Last edited:
Lab, Welcome!! Good sleuthing there.
So yes, it does appear B was indeed there around the time of filming. SW Chronicles shows these two B&W pics that seem to be taken during ANH filming, and B is indeed there, in some other same time/era pics, it is definitely gone. So, as it goes with us builders, you have to make concessions and decisions of what you want to put down. If you want to be ACCURATE, you would be correct having it in place, and not having it in place :). As for A, all the known evidence shows it was always broken.

For my build, because I agree the little shadow is evidence the whole part was there and got broken right around filming time, I chose to put the entire part on mine, as I like the 'balance' to both sides. Hope this helps a bit.
(EDIT - Lab, you've caused me to think this through a bit more, and after re-watching the TIEs attacking the Falcon after they leave the Death Star, and consistent with the Edlund Blue Screen photo - I've now decided I will remove the B part on that side, and chop up the strut!! I love this kind of feedback to get you re-thinking things, thanks!!)

Thank you very much on your comments.
Your build is spectacular. And your photos make it clear that the colors of the styrene that gets exposed in the chipping process shall match the original, which is only possible by going through the trouble of obtaining the original parts.

As to the B&W photos, it is written in page 55 of the Chronicles book (2017) that they were taken by Dennis Muren on 30th October, 1978.

Another pic that indicates that part A was in its "V" shape when first attached.

portside_3.jpg

It is of course probable that the part was accidentally broken at some point.
However, the more I look at the breakage point, as well as how it is left attached, the more I feel that it is more natural to interpret that the part was snipped (upon some intent), not snapped, even if some accident was involved.

snap.jpg

This pic of the other side also makes me feel that part A was 'broken' and part B did not exist when the model was weathered, which is indicative that the modellers must have been conscious about the state of those parts, and at least decided to leave it at that, even if some accident was involved.

starboard_2.jpg

image.jpegimage.jpegThanks t2sides:thumbsup, The part I guess, isn't from the kit that I have, I've seen a picture showing the part, presumably from the M60 and not from the M60A1? this part from that kit is different in shape:confused

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back