GS/CFO ROTJ Darth Vader helmet in full blast detail!

vader45

Sr Member
The helmet is finally in my hands and finally have taken my own pictures of it. I took a few next to the Darth Stone Trooping helmet to show the accuracy the GS helmet holds.

The shape of everything is nearly different and the detail is a lot sharper on the GS lid. The Stone lid is so soft.
IMG_4526.JPGIMG_4532.JPGIMG_4536.JPGIMG_4538.JPGIMG_4547.JPGIMG_4550.JPG

And now the helmet by itself.

IMG_4632.JPGIMG_4631.JPGIMG_4630.JPGIMG_4629.JPGIMG_4633.JPGIMG_4628.JPGIMG_4627.JPGIMG_4626.JPGIMG_4625.JPGIMG_4624.JPG

And now the bad boy with full costume.

IMG_4641.JPGIMG_4652.JPGIMG_4653.JPGIMG_4655.JPGIMG_4656.JPGIMG_4658.JPGIMG_4659.JPGIMG_4660.JPG

This is the crowing jewl in my collection and it is not going anywhere anytime soon. The accuracy in this helmet is so stunning that my Stone lid looks like a fat sweaty hog next to it(No that is not a dig at the helmet, I still love it but seeing these photos its not as accurate as its claimed to be.)

Excellent score and comparison, well done ... and I spy with my little eye a Vader Reveal as well ... do you have some more pictures and info about it too?

Chaïm

Thank you for all of the kind comments. They do mean a lot because I have worked my ass off to get where im at with Vader. I have gone through 5 helmets before coming across this one. I dont think I would ever obtain another ROTJ lid that would out do this one, other helmets would just add to the collection not improve. I want to thank Mark for being open and honest about the helmet and making it available to people like me who are not in the authentic cast clique. Thank god it was not another exclusive type deal. We have enough of those.

Here are some out door shots I took.
IMG_4664.JPGIMG_4673.JPGIMG_4672.JPGIMG_4671.JPGIMG_4670.JPGIMG_4669.JPGIMG_4668.JPGIMG_4667.JPGIMG_4665.JPGIMG_4674.JPGIMG_4681.JPGIMG_4683.JPGIMG_4685.JPGIMG_4686.JPGIMG_4687.JPGIMG_4688.JPGIMG_4692.JPGIMG_4694.JPGIMG_4677.JPGIMG_4695.JPGIMG_4697.JPGIMG_4698.JPGIMG_4699.JPGIMG_4700.JPG

Last edited:
And one more full display shot! I love how this one turned out. I had more with this pose but they came out blury.

As you can see the gunmetal Mark used does not match the armor. I expected that. A friend asked me if I asked Mark to match the armor and I said no because this is a display piece and I want it to be prop accurate. I will be sourcing out armor to get matched to the helmet. Im looking at the GH armor to put on display. The Stone set will be for trooping.
IMG_4742.JPG

That. Helmet. Is. Beautiful.
Lots of love and dedication in your suit, that's for sure.

And hey, don't knock your first suit BTW. We all start somewhere... here's where I am at so far:

IMG_3017.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_3017.jpg
    IMG_3017.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 278
There is one thing I noticed in the grey paint used on the helmet. There is no metallic sheen in it. Its just a regular grey with gloss added to it. I have always thought the gunmetal used was metallic, but it is not. When I first saw the face I was like Oh yeah that IS the gunmetal used in at least ROTJ. It just has the "look" of a finished screen used helmet more so then any other helmet with a metallic gunmetal.

I can only say about the ROTJ Reveal mask that it is a metallic gunmetal with no clearcoat.I saw it face to face on the expo here in germany.
I´ve never seen another screenused helmet so close like this but I bet they used the same color also for the other ROTJ-helmets.

Last edited:
I can only say about the ROTJ Reveal mask that it is a metallic gunmetal with no clearcoat.I saw it face to face on the expo here in germany.
I´ve never seen another screenused helmet so close like this but I bet they used the same color for ROTJ.

Mark has done a lot of digging to get to the color he used. I am the king at freeze framing ROTJ, its like a nightly ritual for me and his color is dead on.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back