ESB Han Solo DL-44 Blaster build on a Denix for Cody

Great job!

Is this the battery pack you used?

Did you happen to take any photos of how you set up the trigger switch inside the frame?

EDIT: Actually, now that I took the time to look a little closer, it looks like you used 10440 size batteries. Any idea what the mah was?

Last edited:
This build is up for sale on fleabay. Search for:

Star Wars blaster DL-44 sound/blastercore 4.0

...and you'll see it. Worth more than the Buy It Now price in my opinion.

Can i ask... Aluminium Black. What's that all about?

If you sand an area back to bare (silver) metal, can you just use AB to make it black again before/negating the need for spraying black? I've never quite understood the process!

Can i ask... Aluminium Black. What's that all about?

If you sand an area back to bare (silver) metal, can you just use AB to make it black again before/negating the need for spraying black? I've never quite understood the process!

I don't think I am as experienced as Scott to answer as well, but aluminum black / blue is a chemical that darkens the color of the metal. When touched to the surface of the metal, there is a chemical reaction that turns the surface a different color. You could simply paint the metal, but aluminum black creates a deeper finish. You can also put on multiple coats to make the finish darker. A steel wool pad will also take the finish away if it gets too dark.

Wow! I'm buying the stuff of eBay right now .. I've always wanted to try it.

Under advisement from all of you experienced RPFers, would you recommended 100% removing all of the existing paint or is it ok if very small areas are left behind? There's some angles on the C96 that I can't even get to![emoji23]

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

I only did a very moderate job on my Denix to refinish it. I didn't shoot for as sharp edges or unpitted a surface as some others (I like a little of that character in my Star Wars props). I had a lot of surface area that went untouched, especially in the recesses and the grip frame. Aluminum black, with some light application of synthetic gun oil, and it all blends together with the original Denix finish just fine.

Awesome build!
Gotta ask, how do you keep the Bespin scope mount/screw from moving/pivoting? Mine's driving me nuts, despite having the spacer in place.
Would you recommend Loctite for the thread, or something similar?

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back