Ikea detolf display case- weight limit?

DARTH SABER, hey buddy where did you grab those acrylic saber stands?

- - - Updated - - -

IMG_2680_zps5adxapap.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_2680_zps5adxapap.jpg
    IMG_2680_zps5adxapap.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 84
Last edited by a moderator:
Any chance u can snap me a picture?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In the previous pic you can see them attached to the bottom of the glass shelves.
The illuminate each shelf individually so you dont need to rely on one light at the top filtering through all the stuff to get to the bottom shelf.
It has a remote with 15, 30, 45, and 60 min timer, or you can just leave it on.
Theres also a 50% and 100% brightness switch to adjust brightness.

Only down side is that they are battery operated, but i dont leave my display lights on that long anyways so its no big deal for me. So far theyve lasted about 3 weeks fine.
I picked these up on Amazon for about $27.00 for a pack of 6.

Brilliant Evolution BRRC135 Wireless puck lights.

In the previous pic you can see them attached to the bottom of the glass shelves.
The illuminate each shelf individually so you dont need to rely on one light at the top filtering through all the stuff to get to the bottom shelf.
It has a remote with 15, 30, 45, and 60 min timer, or you can just leave it on.
Theres also a 50% and 100% brightness switch to adjust brightness.

Only down side is that they are battery operated, but i dont leave my display lights on that long anyways so its no big deal for me. So far theyve lasted about 3 weeks fine.
I picked these up on Amazon for about $27.00 for a pack of 6.

Brilliant Evolution BRRC135 Wireless puck lights.

HA! i see them now, you hid them really well!!

thank you, i really need to sign up for etsy. seems like all the saber displays are on there now

Yeah, after i went to Disney's Launch Bay prop gallery display i wanted upright saver stands. They fill out the shelf better.

Yeah, after i went to Disney's Launch Bay prop gallery display i wanted upright saver stands. They fill out the shelf better.

exactly!! though i dont mind some laying on their side, i have to agree, i do like the vertical display A LOT

This is my denix on display, with a fluxdimensions stand. He use to supply them here but now only sells on eBay

e4b0c4d61f6345877e445affa18a5bd4.jpg

The stand JUST fits. But what I like is the acrylic base is over the metal structures. So the weight is displayed over the metal structure and not the glass

exactly!! though i dont mind some laying on their side, i have to agree, i do like the vertical display A LOT

The problem with the ones that lay on their sides is that they take up too much shelf room..and the ones that have 3 or 4 tiers are so close together theyre almost on top of one another..and they look bizarre since they only take up about half the height of the shelf.
The uprights stands fill out the shelf horizontally and vertically.

The problem with the ones that lay on their sides is that they take up too much shelf room..and the ones that have 3 or 4 tiers are so close together theyre almost on top of one another..and they look bizarre since they only take up about half the height of the shelf.
The uprights stands fill out the shelf horizontally and vertically.

i agree with you 100% on that. i wouldn't mind a 2 tier system for a up coming saber project. there are some very nice single systems on etsy though

i agree with you 100% on that. i wouldn't mind a 2 tier system for a up coming saber project. there are some very nice single systems on etsy though

If you get the puck lights remember to scrub the glass and puck with alcohol before attaching the 3M tape.

Some people on Amazon were saying their pucks fell off after a couple of days but i cant imagine this adhesive coming off.
I think these people didn't properly clean the shelf surface before attaching the pucks.

Probably attached under a greasy shelf over a stove or something.

If you get the puck lights remember to scrub the glass and puck with alcohol before attaching the 3M tape.

Some people on Amazon were saying their pucks fell off after a couple of days but i cant imagine this adhesive coming off.
I think these people didn't properly clean the shelf surface before attaching the pucks.

Probably attached under a greasy shelf over a stove or something.

will do, i usually always prep the surface well. i also have some really good 3M 2 way tape i have never had problems with. hopefully in a couple weeks i can grab these lights and start collecting stands. got other bills i have to take care of first

2% of all glass will fail, doesn't matter who makes it. If you twist it, you're increasing the chance of spontaneous breakage. I've had the door of a Detolf fall 3 feet to the floor while bouncing off the wall and hitting the side of another Detolf cabinet hard. The damage suffered: a gouge in the wall, a gouge in the floor and a scuff in the second cabinet's glass.

All Ikea cabinets use quality glass - don't let the prices fool you.

Throw a tiny piece of ceramic from a broken spark plug at any car window sometime if you want to see cool glass breakage. :)

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back